Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find callaghan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 28 Jan 2006 22:15

hi to all who see this im looking for any of the callaghan family some in manchester they come from tipparey my dad was joe he has a brother called bill and peter think there was 12 or 13 children my grandmother is called mary so if you think were related let me know .

dion

dion Report 28 Apr 2013 22:22

hi im also looking for my late maternal grandfather his name was charles i think he had a sister called kathleen i believe he also came from tipparrey he married my maternal grandma but when she died a few years later there 2 children susan whos my mom and patrica my aunt were adopted by there aunt /my gran was called joan they lived in halifax west yorkshire and this is all i know ,apart from charles went on to remarry .

Reggie

Reggie Report 28 Apr 2013 22:26

dion

Check the posting date..................

dion

dion Report 28 Apr 2013 23:27

could you help me ive got info on joan its charles im struggling with .

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Apr 2013 23:56

Dion - best to return and add to your other threads rather than tag on to this

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1323105
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1322553

There has already been a suggestion that you purchase the Marriage certificate. If Charles knew the name of his father, it and his occupation will be records. The witnesses *might* be from the Callaghan side which could help track down further records/references