Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bailiff

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alun

Alun Report 4 Feb 2005 20:44

i am trying to find my half sister elizabeth. her mother also called elizabth mary bailiff married in 1968 to a man called dwyfor john in luton england. they divorced within a couple of years. her mothers parents ran a pub called the sheppard and flock in luton. the trail runs cold here as i think they may have moved abroad but i would be very glad to hear from any one who knows anything at all.

Victor

Victor Report 25 Jun 2014 03:55

Hello Alun, firstly I have no connection to the family but am researching Eileen J Ashton who married Dwyfor G John in 1962 in Luton. I presume that you were born 1964 and have a brother/sister Glynne b 1963.
The Eileen I am looking for was born 7/11/1929 in Wandsworth as Eileen Joyce Elliott, she married Henry J Ashton in Battersea, Dec 1947. I understand that the marriage broke up at the late 50's early 60's.
I am not sure if this is the same Eileen that married Dwyfor, maybe you could confirm.
I have found a birth Mar 1968 for Kimberley Marie John in Luton mothers maiden name Bailiff but have not found an Elizabeth.
Perhaps we can share notes, meanwhile I'll see what I can find for Kimberley.
Regards, Vic

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 25 Jun 2014 05:24

hi Victor, as you probably noticed, Alun posted this message over 9 years ago

this website does not automatically send notification when someone adds to a thread

so your best bet to try to contact Alun is to click on his name and send him a private message

if he has kept his email address up to date at this site ... which is doubtful ... he will receive a notification of your message here and he will be able to reply even if he no longer pays a subscription

you can tell whether he has read your message by checking in your 'sent messages' to see whether the little envelope beside it has disappeared

good luck !

Victor

Victor Report 26 Jun 2014 01:21

Thanks JoonieCloonie, have messaged Alun.