Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bailiff

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alun

Alun Report 4 Feb 2005 20:44

i am trying to find my half sister elizabeth. her mother also called elizabth mary bailiff married in 1968 to a man called dwyfor john in luton england. they divorced within a couple of years. her mothers parents ran a pub called the sheppard and flock in luton. the trail runs cold here as i think they may have moved abroad but i would be very glad to hear from any one who knows anything at all.

Victor

Victor Report 25 Jun 2014 03:55

Hello Alun, firstly I have no connection to the family but am researching Eileen J Ashton who married Dwyfor G John in 1962 in Luton. I presume that you were born 1964 and have a brother/sister Glynne b 1963.
The Eileen I am looking for was born 7/11/1929 in Wandsworth as Eileen Joyce Elliott, she married Henry J Ashton in Battersea, Dec 1947. I understand that the marriage broke up at the late 50's early 60's.
I am not sure if this is the same Eileen that married Dwyfor, maybe you could confirm.
I have found a birth Mar 1968 for Kimberley Marie John in Luton mothers maiden name Bailiff but have not found an Elizabeth.
Perhaps we can share notes, meanwhile I'll see what I can find for Kimberley.
Regards, Vic

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 25 Jun 2014 05:24

hi Victor, as you probably noticed, Alun posted this message over 9 years ago

this website does not automatically send notification when someone adds to a thread

so your best bet to try to contact Alun is to click on his name and send him a private message

if he has kept his email address up to date at this site ... which is doubtful ... he will receive a notification of your message here and he will be able to reply even if he no longer pays a subscription

you can tell whether he has read your message by checking in your 'sent messages' to see whether the little envelope beside it has disappeared

good luck !

Victor

Victor Report 26 Jun 2014 01:21

Thanks JoonieCloonie, have messaged Alun.