Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Guthrie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

patchem

patchem Report 5 Dec 2012 21:53

Violet,
Gillian posted 8 years ago, and Derrick 4 years ago.
Neither might still be a member of genes, or reading these boards.
If you want to make contact with either, you could click on their names and send them a message.
If they still have the same email address, genes can contact them.

violet

violet Report 5 Dec 2012 21:37

think we might be cousins my father was ernest he had a sister evelyn who mnarried and lived in surrey i beleive she had twins. They also had a sisiter gladys. she was born in 1920 and evelyn in 1930 :-)

Derrick

Derrick Report 3 Feb 2008 00:17

hi Gillian,
I wonder if you have a GUTHRIE who married a Hannah Williams from Gateshead some time after 1901.
I have a marriage certificate of Hannah Guthrie (widow) marrying John Andrew Cook in 1918. The marriage certificate shows Hannah's father Henry Williams as a chain maker.
thanks Derrick Cook

Gillian

Gillian Report 23 Nov 2004 20:41

my Grandfather was Alexander Guthrie, He had a daughter and son, evelyn guthrie born in Gateshead also a son do not know the name but am trying to find him.