Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McNeilly

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 7 Nov 2004 05:08

I am a McNeilly, originally from Glasgow. My grandparents were Peter and Margaret McNeilly. His Father and Grandfather were also Peters and were from Northern Ireland. My dad was Joseph McNeilly. As there are only a few hundred McNeilly's on Genes Reunited I am always on the lookout for people with my surname just in case they may be connected ! Myself and two of my three brothers live in Australia and the other two from our family (a sister and brother ) live in England so we find it hard to track down our McNeilly relatives in Scotland , Ireland and possibly England. Anything anyone can tell me about their McNeilly's will be helpful.

Diana

Diana Report 8 Feb 2009 21:15

Hi, my fathers mother was Esther Leebody (nee Mcneilly)..I know very little about her apart from the fact she lived in Larne Northern Ireland & I think she may have had 2 sisters...Fan & Molly...as far as I know Molly lived in Stranraer...Esther emigrated to New Zealand. I'm trying to trace any family of my father Joseph Robinson Leebdy...his father also had the same name.