Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Sharpin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rodney

Rodney Report 20 Sep 2004 17:03

I am trying to find anything on my grandfather's (Charles Edgar Sharpin) family side, he was believed to have been born in Kensington, London brought up by an aunt (Lucy) in Wells, Norfolk and as far as we know adopted their family name of Sharpin. His daughter my mother (Joan Mary Readhead (nee Sharpin) doesn't know who his natural parents were. He worked on the London North Eastern Railway (later to become British Rail) from the age of 13 to retirement at age 65. Married my grandmother Beatrice Sharpin (nee Wilcock) from Laughton-en-le-morthen (Nr Rotherham) and moved to Ashby, Scunthorpe, Lincs shortly after marrying. Any help much appreciated.

Julia

Julia Report 28 Dec 2012 00:53

Hi, my name is Julia Overton.
I think I maybe related to you through Beatrice Sharpin nee Wilcock.
I think I maybe her great niece through both Fred and Elizabeth Wilcock.
My parents were cousins and never married. Fred was my dads dad and Elizabeth was my mums mum. I'd love to know more about Beatrice, I am trying to find out what happened to the rest of the siblings. I know Mary Elizabeth And Samuel had several still borns and had 11 children altogether. But as a child I only knew the younger 3, fred, george, samuel jr. My grandma Elizabeth passed before I was born.
Thank you for your time reading this Julia Overton

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Dec 2012 01:06

Dated 2004 and Rodney has never returned to this thread as only 1 post

Try and contact him and if he still has the same email addy he will get notification thru GR of a message

Julia

Julia Report 28 Dec 2012 16:54

I recieved a reply Thank you.