Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Clutton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 11 Aug 2004 17:53

I am trying to find relatives of my step-grandad. He was called Charles Clutton and was born in Upminster- Essex. He passed away about 20-25 years ago, and it is difficult to find out about his ancestors and his grandad changed their surname from Baker to Clutton after falling out with his brother. If anybody has any information about any Bakers or Cluttons (even if they do not come from the Essex area) Please contact me as my step-dad (lee) would love to know more about his fathers past.

Christopher

Christopher Report 19 Feb 2013 20:16

Hi Stephanie.
I have just found your message that you posted in August 2004, I might be able to help just a tiny bit as I am slightly related to the Clutton family from Upminster.
My great grandfather was Herbert Saltmarsh, one of his sisters was Emma Saltmarsh and one of her many children (the result of three marriages) was Maud Hall, who married a Samuel George Clutton in 1915. (They lived in Bird Lane Upminster Common)
I will not say anymore in case your are no longer interested in family history.
if you are please contact me and perhaps we can share some Clutton family history.
regards.
Chris Saltmarsh (Upminster Essex)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 19 Feb 2013 20:33

Christopher - just a tip! As Stephanie posted this a long time ago (over 8 years!) she might not come back and see your reply.
If this happens you might try sending a message to her by clicking on her name - if Genes has her current email address she will be notified.
Jan