Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Lawrence

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joyce

Joyce Report 20 Dec 2003 17:14

I am trying to find my husbands two brothers,who were adopted when his mother died,they are Leonard Charles Lawrence,born on 27th june 1933,believe to have been adopted by a family named West ,Southwark area of London and Eric Lawrence born on 16th of April 1936 at Spa Mansions, in Southwark area of London.these of course were their birth names. parents Florence Annie Lawrence(nee Putman)and Henry Edward Lawrence, Joyce Lawrence

Joyce

Joyce Report 1 Feb 2013 23:05

Leonard was found in 2006.shortly before my husband died but still have.nt traced Erjic.london archives do not hold a record of him.so must have been taken in by someone who knew the family.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Feb 2013 23:17

Are you on the national adoption contact register?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 1 Feb 2013 23:30

Not sure Joyce can use the register Reggie as she is not a blood relative? If she has children I believe they could do so however as Eric's nieces/nephews.