Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

patchem

patchem Report 2 Mar 2013 19:35

Sally,
Christine posted this almost 10 years ago and may no longer be a member of genes.
You could try clicking on her name and sending her a message, and if she has the same email address she will be notified by genes.

Sally

Sally Report 2 Mar 2013 19:21

Was your grandmother Elizabeth Dawson as i have been researching her and found marriage to Lyttleton Charles Bell

Christine

Christine Report 10 Apr 2003 17:38

I am into my 10th year of trying to find information on my Grandad who died when I was 3years old and was 52years old when my mum was born, so we do not have a lot to go on. I know that his mother was born Honer Marria (Hannah Maria) Johnson and his father was Marmaduke Bell and he was born in Doncaster, but the family moved about Yorkshire quite a lot, but believe he came from a good family as Marmaduke was a Master Dyer, but died young at 52yrs of age in Ripon. I have never been able to trace a Birth certificate for my Grandad or a Marriage certificate for his parents, but I do have other information and documents for his siblings etc...He was married once before and had a son called Marmaduke (Dukie) and then a daughter with another relationship, her name was Daisy and then he met my Grandma and they had my Mum, but a lot of information went to the grave with my Grandma.....if anyone can help out there I would be ecstatic.....My Grandads siblings were Eleanor Bell, Daisy Bell, Harry Hedley Bell, he also had a brother and sister who died young. My Grandads name was Charles Littleton Bell (on an important document I have)and Lyttleton Charles Bell on his marriage certificate to my Grandma, but on his death certificate it is Charles Johnson Bell....Thankyou..