Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Tulley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 15 Jan 2003 20:44

Tulley in Blyth and Farringdon (Northumberland / Durham) John Tulley was born in North Blyth, Northumberland in 1808 and died of cholera in Blyth in 1853. He was a cabinet maker and publican. He had a son, also John Tulley (a draper), who, according to the 1881 Census, was born in Farringdon, Hampshire in 1835. I believe that this is incorrect, and that John Tulley junior was born in Northumberland or Durham - there is a Farringdon near Sunderland, perhaps this is the place, although it seems more likely he was born in Blyth. A John Tulley married an Ann Gair in Earsdon (near Blyth) in 1831 - is this my John Tulley ?Also, a David Tulley was born in Blyth in 1826 - David Tulley's name appears on John Tulley senior's death certificate. Who was David ? A Phillip Tulley, also a cabinet maker, lived in Blyth - who was he ? John Tulley senior is shown on the 1851 Blyth census as having a wife Mary, born at Seaton Sluice in 1820. When did they marry ? When did Ann Gair die ? Can anyone fill in some hard facts for me ?