Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find ancestor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 10 Dec 2002 21:56

HARVEY I am trying to find information about my great-grandmother. Her name was Emily Minnie HARVEY and she gave birth to my grandmother in August 1916 at Clapham Maternity Hospital in London. She was presumably unmarried and had to give the baby up. She had worked previous to the birth as a domestic servant for a tailor (Bond) in Dartford, Kent. I do not know how old she was at the time of having the baby and her address was listed as a maternity home in Clapham. No father was listed on the birth certificate. My grandmother was passed on to an orphanage/childrens home and later to foster parents. If anyone has any ideas about how I can possibly gain any further information I would be very grateful. My Nan is now 86 and fairly frail, so I would really love to be able to find out for her what happened to the Mum she never knew.