Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find ancestor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathie

Kathie Report 16 Nov 2002 18:59

I am trying to build my family tree. I am stuck in the 1900's and cann't seem to get back any further. I know my great grandad was from the West Indies and he must have arrived into Liverpool between 1900's and 1930's. His surname was Heard and he married my great grandmother Annie. I don't know her surname. He had five children with Annie, one of these children was John Heard, my grandad. I'm trying to find anything out about my great grandad. I know he went to America between 1910 and 1940. He had a common law wife in America and had another five children to this lady. Heard spelt this way is very unusual and the fact that my great gran Annie married a coloured man is even more unusual for them times. I hope anyone can help!