Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Whackett

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vicki

Vicki Report 12 Jul 2007 13:39

Hi, I am trying to find any info re Victor Morris Whackett. He was born in Tamworth maybe around 1910 and lived with my grandmother Helen (or Hazel) Hayston - nickname Nell. He had two stepdaughters, Wendy and Laurel and died in the 2nd world war. They lived in the Sydney area (and at one time possibly Charters Towers, Qld.). Would appreciate any info - thanks! Vicki R

Jenni

Jenni Report 29 Mar 2013 10:06

HI Vicki,

Victor Maurice Whackett was born 04/03/1919 in Uralla, New South Wales, Australia. He actually married your grandmother in 1945!!

He died in 1953 in the korean War. Deatils about his War efforts can be located at http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?serviceId=A&veteranId=195904 and
http://www.awm.gov.au/research/people/roll_of_honour/person.asp?p=562852.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anyting further !

Jenni Stevenson
Canberra
Australia :-D :-D

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Mar 2013 10:09

Jenni

You have found a 6 year old thread, posted by someone who has zero posts to her name, which means she is no longed using GR

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 29 Mar 2013 10:11

Hello Jenni, I don't know if you noticed but Vicki's post is 6 years old. Also, she has zero posts to her name so that implies she's no longer a member.

You could try clicking on her name to send a direct message. If her email address hasn't changed then she could be notified by Genes of your contact.