Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish Birth, Marriage, Parent Look Ups(1500- 18

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 15 Mar 2007 20:13

Scottish Birth, Marriage, Parent Look Ups & 1841 -1891 Census Too,Scottish Parish Records Look Ups Available (1500s-1854) Approx 10 million names extracted from scottish parish records mainly presbyterian records, records available individual, marriage and parent searches available. Marriage shows date and place only. I can also look up 1841 - 1891 scottish census also. Please do not sent private messages as need to keep this clear for my own research. Fife Death Index Pre 1855 Also

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 15 Mar 2007 20:46

Hi Karen Could you please look for Colin Mackenzie/McKenzie 35-36, wife Agnes and son Colin 6/7 yr. They were married in Edinburgh 1882, but could be anywhere. I only found out today who he married. thank you Marion

Karen

Karen Report 15 Mar 2007 20:59

marion what census do you want me to check ?

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 15 Mar 2007 21:14

Sorry 1891. agnes would be c31yr Marion

Helen

Helen Report 15 Mar 2007 21:27

Hi Karen I am looking for the marriage of Elizabeth Tennant and Samuel Jamieson. Elizabeth born 16/3/1770 daughter of John Tennant and Agnes McClure. Her birth was around Ayr. I cannot find Samuel Jamieson on ancestry so I'm hoping you can help with him and the marriage. I am also looking for their children (John Jamieson, David Tennant Jamieson and Samuel Jamieson jnr). Dont have any dates for them. David married Elizabeth McClymont. Many thanks for any help you can offer. Helen.

Brenda

Brenda Report 16 Mar 2007 12:12

Hi Karen, Hope I'm not asking the impossible. I am looking for a James Sim but I have two birth dates which both fit him 1 1833 and 1 1837 his father was an Alexander Sim, but I have two mothers 1 Ann Allan and 1 Anne Innes either his mother died after childbirth and the father brought him up or his mother left him with his father, no mothers name on death certificate and James never married !! Other census's confirm he was born Aberdeen. His father was a blacksmith journeyman born about 1816. This was all in Aberdeen, Scotland. I found what I think is him on the 1841 census at John Street. but it doesn't say if he is a son to Alexander he was the only blacksmith I could find in Aberdeen that matched. There is a Margaret with them which I take to be his second wife as I found him in 1851 at John street with her and other children, Basically is there anyway you could see if you have the death of any of the mothers close to this birth date. This is to help me obtain the correct birth certificate. Another mystery for you I'm sorry, If this is too much trouble dont worry, but anything would be appreciated. Your Brenda.

Karen

Karen Report 16 Mar 2007 20:33

Brenda Jones what info is factual that you have I can see John Sim son of Alexander and Ann Allan with siblings Elizabteh and Alexander 1832 do you know which one is correct.

Karen

Karen Report 16 Mar 2007 20:36

Marion from Scotland cannot find them on census ???

Karen

Karen Report 16 Mar 2007 20:40

Helen Crosbie nothing in parish records for marriage sorry

Brenda

Brenda Report 16 Mar 2007 21:15

Hi Karen, I have james Sims death certificate which states father Alexander Sim occupation Blacksmith. No mother. I have James and partner Ann Henderson on 1891- 1871 censuses they never married she died as Ann Henderson I had there details from a son's marriage certificate. I was looking for James Sims birth on Scotlands people and two came up his birth date has varied so both dates could fit. The fathers name I put in was alexander sim and the two mothers that I gave you came up with those dates. Sorry to be a pain, perhaps it's best if I just obtain both birth certificates and see if I can find him through his fathers occupation. I dont know which parents are his their are no mention of other siblings on 1841 census I would have picked Alexander and Ann Allen because this birth was in Aberdeen the other was in Moray and everything states born Aberdeen but where have the other siblings gone. Sorry to be soo awkward. Brenda.

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 17 Mar 2007 08:50

Thank you for trying Karen. Marion

dodsy

dodsy Report 17 Mar 2007 11:39

Hello Karen Could you please see if you have anything on a Jane Carpenter born 1828 Scotland, think mother is also called Jane. Not much to go on I know but please give it a go. Many thanks Wendy

Helen

Helen Report 17 Mar 2007 13:51

Karen thanks for looking. helen.

Carol

Carol Report 17 Mar 2007 14:46

Hi Karen Thank you so much for the offer of look ups. Could you see if you can find a marriage of ROBERT LAING and ELIZABETH (may be ELISABETH) WATT/S from the ABERDEEN area all i know of them is they had a son PETER in 1832/3 in FYVIE..ROBERT born 1800 i think..in the 1841 and 1851 census PETER is living in FYNIE with what looks like his grandparents.. Regards Carol

Karen

Karen Report 18 Mar 2007 12:10

Brenda Jones are you sure they never married? This one is difficult Alexander Sim and Ann Allan had a James Sim christened 07.06.1837 but they also had Elizabeth 1831 and Alexander 1832, James 1837. William Taylor 1840, George Allan 1842 Ann Allan 1844 Robert Sim 1847 dont know if that helps any?

Karen

Karen Report 18 Mar 2007 12:13

Wendy Stott nothing in census for that name or parish records

Karen

Karen Report 18 Mar 2007 12:25

CAROL MORGAN nothing in parish records 1851 Scotland Census about Peter Laing Name: Peter Laing Age: 18 Estimated birth year: abt 1833 Relationship: Grandson Gender: Male Where born: Fyvie, Aberdeen Parish Number: 197 Civil parish: Fyvie County: Aberdeenshire Address: Cromlet Occupation: Agricl Labr ED: 2 Page: 14 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 51 Line: 20 Roll: CSSCT1851_45 Household Members: Name Age Peter Laing 18 George Smith 13 Hellen Watt 70 William Watt 68 1861 Scotland Census about Peter Laing Name: Peter Laing Age: 28 Estimated birth year: abt 1833 Relationship: Grandson Gender: Male Where born: Fyvie, Aberdeenshire Registration Number: 197 Registration district: Fyvie Civil parish: Fyvie County: Aberdeenshire Address: Lambhill Occupation: Ag Lab ED: 2 Page: 4 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 17 1841 Scotland Census about Peter Laing Name: Peter Laing Age: 8 Estimated birth year: abt 1833 Household: View other family members Gender: Male Where born: Aberdeenshire, Scotland Civil parish: Fyvie County: Aberdeenshire Address: Cromblet Occupation: N K Parish Number: 197 ED: 2 checked scotlands people and look like he died 1883 so would be definately worth getting a copy of his death cert and this will tell you whom his parents were unless of course you already have this, nothing in parish records for a marriage.

shelly1964

shelly1964 Report 18 Mar 2007 12:30

Hi Karen, am looking for any info on William Rice b1851 married Mary Sweeney b1846. many thanks Michelle

dodsy

dodsy Report 18 Mar 2007 14:57

Thank you trying Karen Wendy

Brenda

Brenda Report 18 Mar 2007 16:24

Hi Karen, I just want to thank you so much for your patience with me on this one they have been a really hard family to trace. I will take the information you have given me and try to see if the census's throw up anything else. Thanks you very much for your help sorry if I've given you a headache on this one. Very grateful for your time. Brenda.