Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Findmypast look up please..Williams?wolstoncroft

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 3 Mar 2007 22:08

Could someone please do a look up for me. Tonight a lovely lady has helped me so much but we are both stuck... So name Kathleen c w williams born 15 th July 1912,could you please see if its there and if possible give me the vol and page.... I feel awfull asking but its been a real worry and fight to find this and peice it all together What if Kathleens mum re-married between 1912 and 1935, she may have given her children the name williams to hide what she did, this would then account for why my mum has the 2 names wiliams and wolstoncroft on her birth registration I, M PUTTING IT LIKE THIS: A huge thank you to everyone who has helped with this and sticking with it to the end THANKS

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 3 Mar 2007 22:10

Just to confirm, have checked Ancestry for you, not showing in Q3 or Q4 1912. (Quarters not showing but are there)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 Mar 2007 22:12

I don't have any credits for Findmypast, but I've looked at the September and December qtrs on Ancestry (which are missing at first but you can get them) and there is no Kathleen C.W. Williams birth registered. Kath. x

Rachel

Rachel Report 3 Mar 2007 22:20

on ancestry the pages are mistranscribed. there are 3 Kathleen and Kathleen A, Kathleen H, Kathleen M, Kathleen N and Kathleen O in July-Sept 1912. Oct-Dec 1912:- Kathleen D, Kathleen F and 3 Kathleen M. any idea of the mother's maiden name or area?

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 3 Mar 2007 22:22

Keith ,this is my mums mum ....so my mum gave me her mothers date of birth

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 3 Mar 2007 22:25

Sorry Lunar thats the problems we have been coming up with every way we turn

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 3 Mar 2007 22:28

Where did you get the date of birth from?

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 3 Mar 2007 22:28

The area we think would be london .... not much as its a big place, found a marriage but cant find a birth Thanks everyone but it has become a challange .....must keep going

Penny

Penny Report 3 Mar 2007 22:31

Mothers maiden name? there is a Katherine in Chelsea MMN Pogson

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 Mar 2007 22:33

The year could be out by a year or two, as people usually remember the day and month, but don't always get the year right. However, I've looked from 1910 to 1914 and can't find a Kathleen C. W. Williams birth in those years. Are you sure of the middle initials? Could she have been given the middle names at her christening but not on her birth certificate? Kath. x

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 3 Mar 2007 22:33

my mums birth entry says williams or wolstoncroft!!!

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 3 Mar 2007 22:35

Just phoned my mum she said that it is possible that the name is spelt wrong!!!!!!??? this spelling came from kathleen marriage entry but my mum was told by her mum kathleen, that her name was spelt katherine........I do know often spellings where changed

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 3 Mar 2007 22:36

Pogson......great just what I need lollollol But that could be it How will I know for sure

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 3 Mar 2007 22:37

Yes Kathleen this is possible as My mums name is very mixed up on her birth certificate and gives two maiden names of her mother My mum said her middle name is charlotte

Penny

Penny Report 3 Mar 2007 22:38

so you want a Williams birth , with MMn what?

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 3 Mar 2007 22:43

I,m trying to find Kathleen williams birth the date is 15th july 1912, I dont have anymore than that, Only her daughter Jean busby with a mmn williams OR wolstoncroft ( dont mean to shout) thats what I found when I looked at my mums birth reg 1st Sept 1941

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Mar 2007 23:03

Is it poss she was married before. where does the Wolstoncroft name come from

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Mar 2007 23:07

have you found the marriage cert cos that will give her maiden name

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 3 Mar 2007 23:07

1. wolstoncroft is on my mums birth entry together with williams 2 kathleen/katherine is my nan but cant find her birth certificate 3 on katherine marriage cert it says kathleen c w williams 4 no maiden name for katherine yet 5 could it be pogson as some one has found

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 3 Mar 2007 23:10

Some one found it for me it gave Kathleen c w williams married Stanley victor busby in 1935