Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone need help in finding a living relative in U

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katrina

Katrina Report 1 Mar 2007 21:46

If anyone requires help in finding a living relative in USA, Canada, Australia or NZ please give me as much details as you have, name, age, last place you heard from them and when, husband/wifes name. Would be happy to help katrina Australia

Sheila

Sheila Report 1 Mar 2007 23:45

Hi Katrina You are going to wish you never asked, but thanks for the offer, here is my dilemma In 1947 my grandmother went to visit a relative in Pennsylvania USA, a half sister or step sister. All we know is that her son's came over to England too and on a photo we have of one of them his name is on the back. Eddie Sylmond/Sylmand, this is what it looks like and by looking at how he was dressed and his age on it I reckon he was probably born in the mid 1930's. As it is such an unusual name I was hoping that you could find something somewhere with that surname. My grandmother was born in Swansea, Wales but her father was Belgium so I don't know if this would help in any way. If you think it is impossible I totally understand but I thought I would give it a go anyway, you never know do you. I am just sorry it is a bit vague Many Thanks Sheila

Katrina

Katrina Report 2 Mar 2007 04:37

Hi Hope this information helps Found in the USA Trudie M. Sylmond aged around 70 years living at 7326 Gayglen Drive Dallas Texas 75217-6213 USA Phone number 214-391-0045 Others living at the address Tonya, Landon and Marie Sylmond No Sylmonds in Canada Will check elsewhere Regards katrina

Sheila

Sheila Report 2 Mar 2007 11:29

Hi Katrina What a star you are, I really haven't had any luck at all with this surname and I was clutching at straws when I added a reply to your request. You have also jolted a spark in my memory, my family have always thought they lived in Pennsylvania, when you have said Texas I remember my mother telling me that my Gran had a marriage proposal from a Ranch owner when she was over there. My mother was annoyed that she didn't accept it, she would have had a wonderful life there apparently. I cannot tell you how excited I am about this info you have sent me, Thankyou so much Many Many Thanks Sheila

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 2 Mar 2007 12:14

We are having trouble finding out the parents of my husbands grandfather. He was born in York, Ontario, Toronto in 1912. He was born 10th June 1912. Stephen Benjamin Hopkins. We have his little credit card sized birth cert but we would love to find out who his parents were. Will we have to wait for the 1912 census? thanks. I know he is not living but just wonder if you knew if we can find out.

Katrina

Katrina Report 3 Mar 2007 22:27

Hi Dorsetbaby, have the 1911 Canadian Census with several Hopkins from York. If you knew if Stephen had any older siblings that could pinpoint the parents. Regards Katrina

Susan

Susan Report 4 Mar 2007 16:41

Help! I am looking for my grandad Albert George Adams born oct 1913 belived to have emigrated to Austrilia in 1966,was married to a Cissie Grace Adams had 2 daughters,he went on his own, Melbourne was mention,can you help? Susan He was born in Walthamstowe london,parents name was Albert Adams and mother Rosina Abrahams.

Marlene

Marlene Report 4 Mar 2007 17:05

Hi Katrina Thank you for your offer. I don't know if you will be able to help me. I have a copy of the 1930 census for USA. It is my great Aunt's son David Nelson age 38. His wife Magdaline age 34. Son John age 4yrs. Son Walter age 2 yrs and Son Robert age 1yr. They are living in 3rd District, New York. David Nelson is listed as an Inspector for the Board of Health. I am desperately trying to find this family as I have letters that could be passed on to them. The children could still be alive. David Nelson was born in Pennsylvania, the others all born in New York. David's mother Mary (my great aunt) was living at that time in Manhatton. If you have the 1930 census you could look at the entry as there is a township where David lived but I can't make it out I am not sure whether this is the information you need but I am hoping that maybe you can help. Thank you Marlene

Michelle

Michelle Report 4 Mar 2007 17:56

I NEED HELP thanks for the offer my grandmother,s brother was last seen in 1955 he could of emigrated to any of them. his name was albert edward ireland ,he was born 20/11/1919 there is no trace at all in the uk thanks again katrina michelle x

Michelle

Michelle Report 4 Mar 2007 20:30

I HOPE YOU READ THIS BEFORE YOU START LOOKING I HAVE FOUND ALBERT EDWARD IRELAND THANKS ANYWAY MICHELLE X

Katrina

Katrina Report 4 Mar 2007 21:11

Hi Susan, I will get back to you shortly Katrina PS Would you have any idea of the daughters names?

Joanie

Joanie Report 4 Mar 2007 21:15

Thank you, here goes i am looking for : Patricia Robinson..born 1933 in UK keith Robinson ...he was a miner children Keith ....born round late 50's or early 60's Adele Simon Justin last heard living near Albany western Australia...in a town near a river that did mineing...sorry thats all i have......Ciao Joanie

Katrina

Katrina Report 4 Mar 2007 21:21

Message to Sylvia, I have found your family in Canada and sent you a message Regards katrina

Katrina

Katrina Report 5 Mar 2007 02:04

Hi Lynn, Found your family in USA and Canada, have sent you a message regards katrina

Kerri

Kerri Report 5 Mar 2007 02:09

Hi Katrina I dont know if you can help but thought it worth a try... Looking for Peter Ernest Charles Betts in England. He is researching the Betts tree.He has entered his tree information on rootsweb & has some of mine but I cant find the connection. His email addresses are no longer valid ..tiscali.co.uk so thought he would be in England,maybe Kent??? I dont know if this is enough information.. His last update was in Feb 2003. Thanks Kerri PS Just found a reference to 'from Tadley'....googled Tadley & think that it is in Hampshire (in 2002) Just asked on message board for Electoral Roll lookup.

Katrina

Katrina Report 5 Mar 2007 03:49

Hi Marlene, I have sent you a reply. Just to let you know that in the 1930 Census Parts of Brooklyn were included in the 3rd District. Regards katrina

Katrina

Katrina Report 5 Mar 2007 04:22

Hi Joanie, I sent you a message re your Robinson Family in Albany. Regards katrina

Paul

Paul Report 5 Mar 2007 16:12

Hi katrina Thank you very much for your kind offer. Can you help with USA Reno Nevada Gordon Peake and wife Helen. and Beverly Acker. Sorry if info is too vague.It comes from an obit of a relative I was trying to trace.These people are her children. Thank you for your time. regards Chris

Janice

Janice Report 6 Mar 2007 00:30

Hi Katrina I do not know if you will beable to help me? I have tried before and had some wonderful help from lots of people but not got past this point. I have been trying to tace the family of Miss Bertha Game who married Mr William Campbell on August 20th 1915, their address at this time was 15 Sunnyside Avenue, Westmount, Montreal. I know nothing about William, but have all the history on Bertha up to this date. Her Parents were John Game & Julia Game, maiden name Prosser. Bertha was born in England, and was sent to Canada as Part of Ms Birts Britich Homes Party in 1907. Bertha's date was recorded as March 2nd 1893 by Liverpool Sheltering Home on 26th September 1906. Her niece is still alive and in her mid 70s and would love to find any cousins? Thank you for your time, Janice x

Katrina

Katrina Report 6 Mar 2007 05:39

Hi Paul, Sent you a message re Peake and Acker family regards katrina