Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thread 2 **Census lookups offered, 1841,51,61,71,9

Page 9 + 1 of 10

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Jan 2007 01:31

Penelope, Wow, Great work! I think the occupation for James Beverley was a Carter or Horse Driver/Labourer so that is probably on the lines of what you couldn't read. Cool, It has a district where he was born . . That may lead me somewhere !!! Unfortunately I am not sure exactly when Solomon Lewis & Henda Cohen/Lewis got to England and got married. I have found out tonight that Solomon Lewis (anglicised from Liebovici) –born in Romania, circa 1878 and died 1924 Henda Cohen – born in Romania, circa 1880 and died 1966 I believe they had been in England late 19th century before returning either around the time of Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee or her death. I was hoping they may or one of them may have registered for the 1901 census at least but if you havent had any luck then I suppose I will have to wait for the 1911 census to come along Many thanks Paul

Nicola

Nicola Report 23 Jan 2007 10:40

Dear Penelope, please could you help me find any information on Patrick Joseph Brennan who married a Charlotte Clark [ i think this was her surname ] about 1907, in London, they had Children Willian John, Tim, Tony and a daughter who we knew as Molly, her name could have been Mary. My grandfather [William] was born on the 16th June 1907 in Islington, i am having trouble finding any information on his siblings, i do know that Tim ? Timothy, lived in Ireland about the area of either Kerry, or Killkenny. I would als like to find information on Patrick and Charlotte. Thank you for any help Nicola Brennan.

Penelope

Penelope Report 23 Jan 2007 18:45

Nicola Brennan. ***************** Hello Nicola I have looked at the 1901 census for Patrick and Charlotte, but they are som many possibles. If I were you I would purchase the marriage cert below. Marriage entry from the BMD index Name: Patrick John Brennan Year of Registration: 1907 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Islington County: Greater London, London, Middlesex Volume: 1b Page: 540 (click to see others on page) I have no way of tracing people for you after the 1901 census, sorry. Pen x

Penelope

Penelope Report 23 Jan 2007 20:38

hi penelope,sorry if i confused you.i have been looking for mary elizabeth williams born 1861.i have found her in 1871. in 1881 in plymouth devon there are 2 mary williams.plymouth is 20 miles from looe and the family do have connects there. onw in a locked hospital and one with nuns. i went down to cornwall saturday and while looking at the parish records saw that mary elizabeth williams has had a child baptisted in 1884 called ethel.i thought great i will find ethel and mary will be with her. i cant find ethel. i have found 2 ethels in 1891 1 with a jessie williams and 1 with a family of williams neither of these is my ethel. regards patricia *************************************************** 1861 stoke damerel devon charles williams age 25 seaman born devon port mary wife age 26 born devonport mary elizabeth 3 mons born devonport *********** census 1871 charles head mary wife mary e 10 louisa caroline 8 devonport charles j 6 devonport richard 5 dorset alice downderry near looe cornwall edith 2 downderry thomas 5months east looe ************************