Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Usa Census Lookup Please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 27 Nov 2006 07:12

Can anyone look up info on Martin Collingwood Luther born 1804 Maryland USA. His father was also called Martin Luther. Does anyone know when/why he came to England? Can anyone find himm on a passenger list. Thanks Sam

Samantha

Samantha Report 27 Nov 2006 21:08

please can anyonye help? this is proving to be a mystery to me

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 27 Nov 2006 21:42

Samantha: I can't help with ships to the UK, but after work I can check for him on census forms in the USA, so we might be able to find out when he was last here.

Samantha

Samantha Report 27 Nov 2006 21:55

thanks

Rachel

Rachel Report 27 Nov 2006 22:00

Well he was in the UK by 1834/5 to have Ann. but immigration records tend to be those landing in the US rather tham the UK 1841 Eng Name: Martin Luther Age: 37 Estimated birth year: abt 1804 Household: View other family members Gender: Male Where born: Foreign Parts Civil parish: Bridlington Hundred: Dickering County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Source information: HO107/1213/6 Registration district: Bridlington Sub-registration district: Bridlington ED, institution, or vessel: 3 Folio: 5 Page: 5 Name Estimated birth year Birthplace Civil parish County/Island Ann Luther abt 1835 Yorkshire, England Elizabeth Luther abt 1804 Yorkshire, England Martin Luther abt 1804 Foreign Parts - Ag Lab Martin Luther abt 1839 Yorkshire, England Mary Luther abt 1840 Yorkshire, England Living in Pinfold Street 1851 Eng Name: Martin C Luther Age: 47 Estimated birth year: abt 1804 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Elizabeth Gender: Male Where born: Maryland, United States Civil parish: Bridlington Town: Bridlington County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Registration district: Bridlington Sub-registration district: Skipsea ED, institution, or vessel: 6c Household schedule number: 45 Household Members: Name Age John Anderson 29 - lodger William Foxcroft 29 - lodger Elizabeth Luther 50 - b. Fliston, Yorkshire, England George Luther 6 - b. Bridlington, Yorkshire, Martin Luther 12 - b. Speeton, Yorkshire Martin C Luther 47 - Ag Lab Mary Luther 10 - b. Bridlington, Yorkshire Living at Kirk Gate 1861 Eng Name: Martin Luther Age: 57 Estimated birth year: abt 1804 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Elizabeth Gender: Male Civil parish: Bridlington Ecclesiastical parish: Saintbury Town: Bridlington County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Occupation: Ag Lab + Lod? Ho keeper (Lodging house keeper?)Registration district: Bridlington Sub-registration district: Bridlington ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 132 Household Members: Name Age Charles Collinson 50 Elizabeth Luther 61 Martin Luther 57 John Rhodes 65 Thomas Sharp 64 William Smith 48 Bansey Varney 30 Thomas Varney 30 George Darley Woodcock 47 Living in New Gate Name: Martin Luther Estimated birth year: abt 1804 Year of Registration: 1869 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep Age at Death: 65 DISTRICT: Bridlington (1837-1937) County: Yorkshire Volume: 9d Page: 207 Name: Elizabeth Luther Estimated birth year: abt 1801 Year of Registration: 1883 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep Age at Death: 82 DISTRICT: Bridlington (1837-1937) County: Yorkshire Volume: 9d Page: 208

Samantha

Samantha Report 27 Nov 2006 22:42

i think Ann was his step daughter, Elizabeth was married before she married Martin in 1838 thanks for your replies

Samantha

Samantha Report 29 Nov 2006 22:34

someone please help, i dont know where to look!!

Gillian

Gillian Report 25 Jan 2013 13:00

Hi Samantha
I too have been trying to find out information on Martin Collingwood Luther from Maryland. I haven't been able to get any further back in time than him but I see you have said his father was also Martin. Where did you find this out? I was wondering if you know which COUNTY in Maryland he originated. Do you know Martin Luther Snr's approx date of birth?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Gillian

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 25 Jan 2013 14:09

Gillian, this is a very old thread. I doubt that Samantha is still checking it. You could click on her name and send a personal message.