Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

census lookups, 1841,51,61,71,81,91 & 1901 Englan

Page 0 + 1 of 11

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penelope

Penelope Report 20 Jul 2006 18:46

Hi willing to do lookups on the census's. Please leave as much info as you can, including any source/ref details from other census's that you may have. Can not search by address Pen x ***NO pm's please - I can not keep up with them all and you will go to the back of the line. x

Laura

Laura Report 20 Jul 2006 19:03

hello. this may be a long shot as of his age but could you try to find an isaac ward born 1784 ish southoe hunt. mother i beleive jane brown. he married a mary barber in 1815. anything crops up will be most greatful. thanks. laura

Penelope

Penelope Report 20 Jul 2006 19:58

Laura Adkins Could this be them on the 1841? Any idea about children/ names and births? View Record Emma Ward abt 1834 Huntingdonshire, England Great Paxton Huntingdonshire View Record Isaac Ward abt 1796 Huntingdonshire, England Great Paxton Huntingdonshire View Record Jane Ward abt 1823 Huntingdonshire, England Great Paxton Huntingdonshire View Record Mary Ward abt 1791 Huntingdonshire, England Great Paxton Huntingdonshire View Record William Ward abt 1829 Huntingdonshire, England Great Paxton Huntingdonshire Source information: HO107/454/7 Registration district: St Neots Sub-registration district: St Neots ED, institution, or vessel: 18 Folio: 7 Page: 10 (click to see others on page) Line number: 13 GSU Number: 288839 parish: Great Paxton Hundred: Toseland County/Island: Huntingdonshire Country: England Pen x

Laura

Laura Report 20 Jul 2006 20:56

that could be them i have numerous pieces and names and just trying to find which bits relate to me, thanks

Frances

Frances Report 20 Jul 2006 23:12

Hi Pen, The Coulsons you found for me in 1841 are close enough to be what I was hoping for. Thank you again. David

Penelope

Penelope Report 20 Jul 2006 23:17

Your welcome David x

Penelope

Penelope Report 21 Jul 2006 08:11

n

Francis

Francis Report 21 Jul 2006 10:45

Hi Pen Please could you do an 1851 and 1861 census look up for William Bibby born Leyland Lancashire ca1826. Also a 1861 and 1871 look up for John Bibby born Leyland ca1840 there father was called Peter he was a blacksmith Thanks. Frank

Penelope

Penelope Report 21 Jul 2006 12:09

Francis Bibby Hi Frank 1841 View Record Alice Bibby abt 1838 Lancashire, England Leyland Lancashire View Record Dinah Bibby abt 1830 Lancashire, England Leyland Lancashire View Record Ellen Bibby abt 1796 Lancashire, England Leyland Lancashire View Record John Bibby abt 1840 Lancashire, England Leyland Lancashire View Record Mary Bibby abt 1821 Lancashire, England Leyland Lancashire View Record Peter Bibby abt 1781 Lancashire, England Leyland Lancashire View Record Peter Bibby abt 1835 Lancashire, England Leyland Lancashire View Record William Bibby abt 1826 Lancashire, England Leyland Lancashire Occupation of head - Blacksmith Address - Club Houses Source information: HO107/526/15 Registration district: Chorley Sub-registration district: Brindle ED, institution, or vessel: 14 Folio: 36 Page: 4 (click to see others on page) Line number: 19 GSU Number: 306912 1851 can only spot this one at the mo - Match Quality View Record Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island View Image View Record John Bibby abt 1840 Wheelton, Lancashire, England Son Blackburn Lancashire View Record Peter Bibby abt 1835 Over Darwen, Lancashire, England Brother-in-law Blackburn Lancashire View Record Alice Stringfellow abt 1850 Blackburn, Lancashire, England Daughter Blackburn Lancashire View Record Mary A Stringfellow abt 1818 Wheelton, Lancashire, England Wife Blackburn Lancashire View Record Richard Stringfellow abt 1848 Blackburn, Lancashire, England Son Blackburn Lancashire View Record William Stringfellow abt 1816 Rufford, Lancashire, England Head Blackburn Lancashire Source information: HO107/2259 Registration district: Blackburn Sub-registration district: Blackburn ED, institution, or vessel: 1hh Folio: 378 Page: 33 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 126 GSU Number: 87282-87283

Paula

Paula Report 21 Jul 2006 12:23

Hi, I'm trying to trace my grandmothers family - she was Doris born 25/08/1909. her father was Herbert Hawksworth and he was a builder, died pre 1938 although don't know when - it just shows him as decd on Grans marriage cert. Doris had a brother Leslie and a sister Audrey. Doris was born in Grenoside, near Sheffield and I beleive this is where her family all originated from. On her GRO for her birth it shows Wortely as the district. I dont' have a full birth cert for her though so I don't know her Mothers name or any more info about her father. I dont' know how old he was when Doris was born either, so I guess he could be born anything from 1850 - 1890. But any family details on either Doris' father or mother would be appreciated! Thankyou!!!! Paula

Anna

Anna Report 21 Jul 2006 12:25

Hi again Penelope Could you please do me a look up in the 1851 and 1861 census for Thomas Andrew Gill born c.1846 in St George Hanover Square, London. (In the 1881 he is listed as born in Belgravia). He became a cigar maker/sorter incase that helps. Eternally grateful, Anna

Penelope

Penelope Report 21 Jul 2006 14:02

Added by Paula Elizabeth Ardron on 21/07/2006 12:23:38 Hi, I'm trying to trace my grandmothers family - she was Doris born 25/08/1909. her father was Herbert Hawksworth and he was a builder, died pre 1938 although don't know when - it just shows him as decd on Grans marriage cert. Doris had a brother Leslie and a sister Audrey. Doris was born in Grenoside, near Sheffield and I beleive this is where her family all originated from. On her GRO for her birth it shows Wortely as the district. I dont' have a full birth cert for her though so I don't know her Mothers name or any more info about her father. I dont' know how old he was when Doris was born either, so I guess he could be born anything from 1850 - 1890. But any family details on either Doris' father or mother would be appreciated! Thankyou!!!! Paula ***************************************************************** Hi Was Doris the first child born ? If we are to progress and be certain of the line, you will need the full cert. If we had the mothers maiden and first name, we could locate the marriage and so on. If you can tell me the ages of the siblings that would help. Cheers Pen x ****Further down page - 2 postings under the name of FRANCES WELLS. Info supplied by David, thank you David. Will work on this info until I hear from you. Pen x

Penelope

Penelope Report 21 Jul 2006 14:17

Added by Anna Taylor on 21/07/2006 12:25:56 Hi again Penelope Could you please do me a look up in the 1851 and 1861 census for Thomas Andrew Gill born c.1846 in St George Hanover Square, London. (In the 1881 he is listed as born in Belgravia). He became a cigar maker/sorter incase that helps. Eternally grateful, Anna *************************************************************************** Birth entry on BMD Name: Thomas Andrew Gill Year of Registration: 1845 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: St George Hanover Square County: London, Surrey Volume: 1 Page: 17 (click to see others on page) 1881 View Record Clara E. Gill abt 1875 Bermondsey Daughter Bromley St Leonard London View Record Eliza Gill abt 1873 London, London, Middlesex, England Daughter Bromley St Leonard London View Record Marie Gill abt 1869 London, London, Middlesex, England Daughter Bromley St Leonard London View Record Mary A. Gill abt 1839 St.George E. Wife Bromley St Leonard London View Record Mary A. Gill abt 1871 London, London, Middlesex, England Daughter Bromley St Leonard London View Record Thos. A. Gill abt 1846 Belgravia S Head Bromley St Leonard London **************************************** Possible marriage entry View Record Seth Fenner 1878 Jan-Feb-Mar St George In The East London, Surrey View Record Thomas Andrew Gill 1878 Jan-Feb-Mar St George In The East London, Surrey View Record Mary Ann Phillips 1878 Jan-Feb-Mar St George In The East London, Surrey View Record Mary Ann Portelle 1878 Jan-Feb-Mar St George In The East London, Surrey View Record Henry Turner 1878 Jan-Feb-Mar Bethnal Green Greater London, London, Middlesex Can not spot him on the 1861 The closest match i can find on the 1851 is .... Match Quality View Record Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island View Image View Record Samuel Daniel abt 1831 Lambeth, Surrey, England St Anne Soho Middlesex View Record Ann Gifford abt 1833 St Pancras, Middlesex, England St Anne Soho Middlesex View Record Ann Gill abt 1826 Lewis, Sussex, England Wife St Anne Soho Middlesex View Record Louisa Gill abt 1849 St George the Martyr, Middlesex, England Daughter St Anne Soho Middlesex View Record Thomas Gill abt 1821 Lincolnshire, England Head St Anne Soho Middlesex View Record Thomas Gill abt 1847 St George the Martyr, Middlesex, England Son St Anne Soho Middlesex Pen x

dodsy

dodsy Report 21 Jul 2006 14:22

Hi Pen Could you try to find on 1851 census Albert Edward Stott born 1842ish in manchester area. Think his father is called John. Many thanks Wendy

Penelope

Penelope Report 21 Jul 2006 14:28

1881 View Record Elizabeth Roberts abt 1875 Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England Daughter Bethnal Green London View Record Florence Roberts abt 1878 Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England Daughter Bethnal Green London View Record John Roberts abt 1845 Mile End (OT), Middlesex, England Head Bethnal Green London View Record John Roberts abt 1873 Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England Son Bethnal Green London View Record Mary Ann Roberts abt 1848 Shoreditch, Middlesex, England Wife Bethnal Green London 1891 Annie Roberts abt 1883 Daughter Bethnal Green London View Record Florence Roberts abt 1841 Wife Bethnal Green London View Record John Roberts abt 1848 London, England Head Bethnal Green London View Record John Roberts abt 1889 Son Bethnal Green London View Record Kate Roberts abt 1866 Wife Bethnal Green London View Record Thomas Roberts abt 1860 Bethnal Green, London, England Head Bethnal Green London 1901 View Record Albert Hunt abt 1898 Bethnal Green, London, England Son Bethnal Green London View Record Arthur A Hunt abt 1894 Bethnal Green, London, England Son Bethnal Green London View Record Ellen Hunt abt 1891 Bethnal Green, London, England Daughter Bethnal Green London View Record John S Hunt abt 1883 Bethnal Green, London, England Son Bethnal Green London View Record Mary Hunt abt 1895 Bethnal Green, London, England Daughter Bethnal Green London View Record Maud E Hunt abt 1882 Bethnal Green, London, England Daughter Bethnal Green London View Record Susan Hunt abt 1862 Spitalfields, London, England Head Bethnal Green London View Record William Hunt abt 1889 Bethnal Green, London, England Son Bethnal Green London View Record Henry Page abt 1878 London City Boarder Bethnal Green London

Anna

Anna Report 21 Jul 2006 14:36

Thanks very much Penelope

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jul 2006 14:40

Hi Pen, Could you please see if you can find the following family on the Scotland census for me? William Reddie married to Helen Coutts Child Isabella Reddie born abt 1841 I think they would have been in Lanarkshire but am not sure. Many thanks in advance. Sarah

Frances

Frances Report 21 Jul 2006 16:21

Hi Pen, Re Paula Elizabeth Ardron's message, the mothers maiden name could be as Audreys birth ??? Births Sep 1911 Hawksworth Audrey Wasteney Wortley 9c 686 I will check for the marriage in a mo David

Frances

Frances Report 21 Jul 2006 16:27

Here it is Pen... Marriages Sep 1908 HAWKSWORTH Herbert Wortley 9c 507 WASTENEY Edith Wortley 9c 507 1901 Herbert Hawksworth 19 Yorks Sheffield Sheffield Brightside Bierlow File Cutter Herbert Hawksworth 23 Ecclesfield York Yorkshire Ecclesfield Stone Mason can't find Edith (Stone Mason could be called Builder) David

Penelope

Penelope Report 21 Jul 2006 16:35

Wendy Stott 1851 - this is the closest match I can find.... View Record Ruth Smith abt 1843 Manchester Lodger Manchester Lancashire View Record Albert A Stott abt 1842 Manchester Son Manchester Lancashire View Record Ann Stott abt 1831 Manchester Daughter Manchester Lancashire View Record John Stott abt 1786 Spotland, Lancashire, England Head Manchester Lancashire View Record John Robert Stott abt 1845 Manchester Son Manchester Lancashire View Record Mary Stott abt 1806 Manchester Wife Manchester Lancashire View Record William Stott abt 1849 Manchester Son Manchester Lancashire Source information: HO107/2225 Registration district: Manchester Sub-registration district: Ancoats ED, institution, or vessel: 1g Folio: 211 Page: 22 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 78 GSU Number: 87234-87235 Address - 20 Cotton Street Father is a labourer Pen x