Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shropshire 1841 Look-Ups -- can and will do!

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gerry

Gerry Report 6 Nov 2005 22:57

There is no index for 1841 Census so imperative you give village or parish. I cannot spend a lot of time doing this so please be very patient with me if I am slow getting back to you!! *************** am back in business now winter is nearly upon us................. Gerry

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 9 Nov 2005 16:17

Gerry Thanks for this great offer. Hope you may be able to get me through this wall Im looking for Thomas Stocker c 1825 Ellesmere Shropshire son of John no details known Thos is a Dock Porter on 1851 census and then a Warehouseman until 1891 possible brother Edward Stocker c 1830. Hopefully in Ellesmere Sue

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 9 Nov 2005 18:59

Gerry thanks for the kind offer. I would love to have the image if you can find my ancestor who is really mucking me about. James RODEN, born around 1825. Hope I am not barking up the wrong tree. My problem is: Is there more than one James Roden born around that time in that area? Another kind member gave me details of the 1841 Census at Oakengates Wombridge, giving James (14) with parents Mary and John (40). On the 51 he gives his birth place as Wombridge born 1826 On the 61 he gives his birth place as Wellington born 1828 On the 71 he gives his birth place as Shifnal. born 1826 On the 81 he gives his birth place as Wombridge born 1825 on the 91 he gives his birth place as Oakengates born 1827 Often mistranscribed i.e. Kaden, Rochen, Rodin. Unfortunately my geography of Shropshire is zero so I have no idea if these places are close together. I am also looking for James wife, Elizabeth ROWLEY, born Wombridge (consistently for a change) around 1827. I will understand that this may a bit too much to ask but thanks for reading anyway. At least I got it off my chest. Selena

Gerry

Gerry Report 9 Nov 2005 23:07

Sue and Selena I will do the best I can........... unfortunately both areas you are asking for search are large.............. lets hope its raining tomorrow so i have an excuse to plough thru the info. Will do my best Gerry

Gerry

Gerry Report 10 Nov 2005 15:13

Sue Not much luck I am afriad........ I found a John (90) with his wife Ann (74) who could be grandparents. There was also a William (50), Weaver, in the Ellesmere Workhouse............ No other Stockers! The only other suggestion I can make is to ask if anyone has Flintshire for 1841 as a small part of Ellesmere was over the border in Wales! If you want copies of the entries for those I did find please send me your email and I will send them Selena More luck for you!! Found Elizabeth Rowley AND James Roden b about 1827 in Wombridge. I wouldn't worry too much about the slight differences in the various ages. All the birth places are all around what is now Telford, a new town. It didn't exist way back then!! If you want copies of the entries please send me your email address. Gerry

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 10 Nov 2005 16:47

Gerry - you are an absolute star. I will PM you my email address. Off to walk the dog now. Thanks so much for your time - very much appreciated. If you ever need a look up at Lewisham let me know - I might be able to help, Selena

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 15 Nov 2005 08:47

Thanks for the look up have sent pm. Sue

Mike

Mike Report 15 Nov 2005 10:01

Hi Gerry could you please check the area of Wem for any family by the name of Hazlewood /Hazelwood/Haslewood. Also if possible the Bishops Castle area Thankyou Susan

Wulliam

Wulliam Report 17 Nov 2005 18:15

Hi Gerry - thanks for the very kind offer. I've got a Rose Hannah Griffiths christened 1838 with parents Thomas and Fanny. She was born in Bridg[e]ford and so I am presuming that she was there in 1841. I don't know if this is a big area for you to search...but I'd be very grateful for any info. Rose Hannah was also Roseanna, Rose Anna, Hannah Rose and other variants in other censuses. Kind regards, William

Gerry

Gerry Report 19 Nov 2005 23:53

Hi Susan and William Sorry, I have only just logged back in and seen your messages............. I will see what I can do. Gerry

Barbara

Barbara Report 20 Nov 2005 05:41

Hi Gerry. Thanks for the offer. Could you please look up: James and Jane Bennet(t) in Shrewsbury. Thanks Barbara

Gerry

Gerry Report 20 Nov 2005 23:41

Susan Sorry to say nothing for your people in either Wem or Bishop's Castle Barbara Can you be i bit more specific on location please.......... Shrewsbury is/was rather large. Gerry

Mike

Mike Report 21 Nov 2005 08:01

Hi Gerry Thankyou for looking for me Susan

Gerry

Gerry Report 22 Nov 2005 14:44

William I can find no Bridg(e)ford in Shropshire. When I Google i get one in Notts. Anymore info?................ I assume you do not mean Bridgnorth Gerry

Wulliam

Wulliam Report 22 Nov 2005 16:43

Hi Gerry, I've been rather careless - 1861 says that Rose Hannah Griffiths was born in 'Bridgeford, Salop' but 1871 says 'Bridgeford, Staffs'. I will need to look into this further! Other censuses don't make it clearer. Kind regards, William

Barbara

Barbara Report 22 Nov 2005 20:21

Hi Gerry. Thanks anyway. I have just found them in Dorset. I wasnt sure where they were then. Thanks again. Regards Barbara

Carol

Carol Report 22 Nov 2005 20:54

hello can you look up the family called cook the family lived in cardington or enchmarsh shropshire thank you carol

Mike

Mike Report 23 Nov 2005 09:17

Hi Gerry Could you please check Middle/Myddle Shropshire for Robert Carr 1807 his wife Ann 1805 in 51 he was a Gamekeeper Thankyou Susan

Deany

Deany Report 23 Nov 2005 16:48

Gerry - thank you so much for the offer and wonder if I can take you up on it by looking for the following: William Millichip Matthew Millichip and his wife Mary plus son Matthew William would have been about 85yrs Matthew senior would have been about 47yrs and his wife 45 and Matthew junior about 16yrs They all lived in Cound. Any other Millichips in Cound gratefully recieved too if possible. Finally, their spelling has varied so any Millichope or Millichap would be lovely as well. Hope this is ok Thanks again for the offer. best wishes Deany

Gerry

Gerry Report 23 Nov 2005 16:59

Lindy I started looking in Copthorne and St Chads without luck and kept extending my net until I had looked in the whole of Shrewsbury still without success.....Sorry There are lots of Roberts, but none that matched your family. Gerry