Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DURHAM RECORDS OFFICE NO NEW REQUESTS TAKEN...Resu

Page 0 + 1 of 11

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 12 Oct 2005 13:06

I am booked into Durham Records Office on Friday (ALL DAY 9am - 4pm) this week... 11th November I will be closing the thread on Thursday afternoon people... To sort all the requests out.........Maureen........ Add your requests to this thread PLEASE... No private IM'S please... Maureen

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 12 Oct 2005 13:07

It you would like something looking up please give as much detail as possible and I will try and Help if I can... Please be as specific as possible about year... and church... or the Eccalstical parish named on top of census form... if you can to make time for more searches. These searches that are undertaken are not just from CD's or on computer...eg. you cannot just punch a name in and it appears on the screen.. They are actual manual searches of the Microfilm on film readers.. Plus not just a registration district.. as some of them cover huge areas.. you will need to supply more than just a registration district code.. No Blanket searches undertaken.... Maureen Anyone who has'nt replied with the additional info that I have requested.............. I may not be able to help...... I have quite a lot of work on but anyone with a simple request and not just for eg birth in Sunderland are quite welcome to put a one on.. How many I will get done is anyone's guess.. Maureen

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2005 14:02

Maureen You're a sweetheart...I'll just check my notes cos I know I need something from Durham! Marriage in Sunderland 17 Oct 1789 (IGI doesn't state a church unfortunately so if this is too difficult, I understand) between John Stones and Elizabeth Hill. Baptism again Sunderland (no church) for Elizabeth Stones 20 Apr 1796, parents John and Elizabeth. Any additional info would be wonderful. Many thanks Lou

Angela

Angela Report 12 Oct 2005 15:14

Hello Maureen How kind of you to offer to do Durham look ups. I would be very grateful for any information on baptisms of the following; John Holt born 1885/86 in Tudhoe,Durham James W Holt c1879 in Tudhoe Lily Holt c1881 in Tudhoe Joseph T Holt c1888 in Tudhoe parents of all the above are Thomas Holt and Emma Hollyoak. with grateful thanks in anticipation. kind regards Angela

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Oct 2005 15:17

Thanks for the offer Maureen. Not sure if this will be enough information, so if it isn't don't spend a lot of time looking (I know the time flies in record offices) There are two marriages where I'd like the name of the groom's father in both cases:- Stockton on Tees, 1910, George King to Isabella Hutchinson Hartlepool 1905 Thomas Littlefair to Emily Harding. I got these marriages from the Tees Valley Indexes and they don't give qtrs. or church names. Don't worry if it's too big a job. Just that it's for someone else's family tree and I didn't want to buy the certificates. Thanks, Kath. x

Joanna

Joanna Report 12 Oct 2005 15:26

What an angel!!! As I don't quite know what you might be able to find there, so if you don't mind I'll just list what I have am still looking for and if you can do whatever you can, it will be much appreciated! Parents of William Tulip born c1780 either Durham or Northumberland, he married Margaret Bones(Bowes) in 1802. Daniel Button of Ipswich (b1853) m Mary of Seaham (b1856), I would like her maiden name and parentage if poss. Many thanks Joanna

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2005 16:32

That sounds hopeful! Thanks a lot Lou x

Marcus

Marcus Report 12 Oct 2005 16:56

Hi Maureen, I was wondering if you could please look up the following for me. I am looking for William Foster (Forster ?), son of John Foster & Agnes Maria Carson, and was born in 1908, possibly in the (20, Robinson St., Blaydon?) Blaydon area of Co. Durham. If not Blaydon, then certainly in the Gateshead district. William was my grandfather's younger brother, and tragilcally died during the last war due to illness. Any info, however small, is most welcome. Regards, Marcus

Tc

Tc Report 12 Oct 2005 17:45

Hi Maureen Thanks very much please could you find me the marriage details of Gawen Atkinson and Ann Ramsay on 22 May 1815 in Medomsley Durham much appreciated Tom

Angela

Angela Report 12 Oct 2005 18:30

Hi Maureen Thanks for the information and for the offer of your help. I have a copy of Thomas and Emmas wedding in March 1874 in Tudhoe, unfortunately it just says 'the parish church in the district of Tudhoe' by rev Edward Wilkinson. thanks so much best wishes Angela

Horatia

Horatia Report 12 Oct 2005 19:50

Hi Maureen, What a kind offer! If it isn't too much trouble, could you look up the following marriage (see below) and tell me if the father of ROBERT WILLIAM KEMP is JOSEPH KEMP? If the father isn't Joseph then I don't need any more info. However, if Joseph is the father, could you record date of marriage and especially witnesses and all relevant info? I don't know which of these ladies he married: Marriages Jun 1905 ________________________________________ Appleby Fanny Auckland HERON Mary Auckland KEMP Robert William Auckland I presume Auckland is in Durham?!! Not very good at geography! ;-) Cheers, Lynn

Poolie Girl

Poolie Girl Report 12 Oct 2005 20:01

KEMP Robert W 1905 Durham Western APPLEBY Fanny 1905 Durham Western Beth :)

Horatia

Horatia Report 12 Oct 2005 20:05

Ok, thanks folks for your help. Looks like I will have to send for the cert but I appreciate your helpfulness. Is this website you are using a pay per view site? Cheers, Lynn

Horatia

Horatia Report 12 Oct 2005 20:10

Ok, thanks! I'll go and have a gander! Cheers, Lynn :-)

Horatia

Horatia Report 12 Oct 2005 20:17

Found the website OK but can you Durham experts tell me if this website covers South Shields? I haven't found any of the marriages I know exist. Cheers, Lynn

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 12 Oct 2005 20:18

Hi Maureen, you might hate me at the end of this, but here goes :) Please could you look for: Marriage of Richard Speck and Jame Shepherd. 5 Jul 1763, Greatham. Marriage of Thomas Thirkell and Margaret Stokol? 30 Mar 1724, Staindrop. Marriage of Thomas Thirkell and Margaret Elgy? 6 Nov 1748, Staindrop. Marriage of Ann Thirkell and Joseph Pearson. 13 May 1798, St Cuthberts, Darlington. Marriage of John Elgy and Margaret. 2 May 1725, Staindrop I think. Baptism of John Elgy, 12 Feb 1698, Staindrop. Does it cover Deighton by Northallerton? Don't worry if you can't do these. They're just ones I need to check out. Thanks :)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Oct 2005 22:08

Hi Maureen, I thought it might be too little information, so don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure they will both be church weddings though. Perhaps you could forget the Stockton marriage but have a quick look in St. Oswalds Church for the Hartlepool marriage, as it's a church the more recent members of the family have been involved with. If it's not there, then don't bother with the rest. Thanks again. Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Oct 2005 22:10

Johnathon, Thanks for that, but unfortunately I have no idea who the fathers of the two grooms are. There are quite a few Thomas Littlefair's and George King's on the 1901 census, and I'm trying to find which one is the family I want to go back from. Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Oct 2005 22:26

Hi Alan, Its the International Genealogical Index. You'll find it on the LDS site at www.familysearch.org You can search it for free. Kath. x

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 13 Oct 2005 10:25

Hi Maureen You are really the best - I would be eternally grateful if you could find Baptisms for: Ann Bolam c1812 Muggleswick and Mary Bolam have no date but I think she was Ann's sister so would probably be around the same time frame. Many thanks Dorothy, Sydney