Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 census look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wishing

Wishing Report 5 Oct 2005 18:36

Looking for Charles Walker b 1847 Nottin Bedford Sarah Walker Nee Froggatt b 1846 Bradgate May have a child b 1871 named John Henry born in Kimberworth. Looking if other siblings are there, also occupation. Has been a 'carter' on subsequent census. Was he a coal miner? Thanks for any help offered.

Jane

Jane Report 5 Oct 2005 18:49

Kimberworth, yorkshire RG10 4707, FOLIO 31, PG 11 135 Village rd/st ? Charles Walker 24, lab at steel works, Bedfordshire Sarah, wife 23, Kimberworth, yorks sorry, no children........

Wishing

Wishing Report 5 Oct 2005 18:50

I am particularly interested in the 1871 census please. I have access to the others Thank you.

Esta

Esta Report 5 Oct 2005 18:51

could this be them in 1871.......... Charles Walker abt 1847 Bedfordshire, England Head Kimberworth Yorkshire Sarah Walker abt 1848 Kimberworth, Yorkshire, England Wife Kimberworth Yorkshire No son though... he is a Labourer of Steel works (! )

Wishing

Wishing Report 5 Oct 2005 18:57

Thank you very much. Thats great. What would be really great if any one had access to 1861 census. I know Sarah's maiden name was Froggatt and b 1846 Bradgate Yorks. I am trying to trace a child or sister may be named Emily Ann who was a witness to her marriage to my grandfathers' wedding.If any one can help would be eternally thankful

Esta

Esta Report 5 Oct 2005 19:03

I can take a look..........what was the name of sarah's father from her mc ?

Wishing

Wishing Report 5 Oct 2005 19:06

It looks like Charles!!

Jane

Jane Report 5 Oct 2005 19:08

can't place an Emily with a Sarah Froggatt in 1861, but is it possible that a brother of Sarah married an Emily, which makes her a Froggatt ??

Wishing

Wishing Report 5 Oct 2005 19:10

Thanks everyone for trying. The name on cert could read Charles William. Very bad copy. A bit old and faded.(like me)

Esta

Esta Report 5 Oct 2005 19:19

sorry I can't find anyone to fit.........for any of them. The only Charles Frog* I could find was Chas Frogatt abt 1816 Ecclesfield, Yorkshire, England Head Ecclesfield Yorkshire but he is a widow on his own so not much help ! I can't see sarah with a father called charles . there was one with a father called William though Betsy Froggatt abt 1844 Horbury, Yorkshire, England Daughter Horbury Yorkshire Fanny Froggatt abt 1819 Grange, Yorkshire, England Wife Horbury Yorkshire Hannah Froggatt abt 1851 Horbury, Yorkshire, England Daughter Horbury Yorkshire Jane Froggatt abt 1857 Horbury, Yorkshire, England Daughter Horbury Yorkshire John Froggatt abt 1853 Horbury, Yorkshire, England Son Horbury Yorkshire Mary Ann Froggatt abt 1849 Horbury, Yorkshire, England Daughter Horbury Yorkshire **** Sarah Froggatt abt 1846 Horbury, Yorkshire, England Daughter Horbury Yorkshire ***** William Froggatt abt 1813 Flockton, Yorkshire, England Head Horbury Yorkshire but I have no idea about places in Yorkshire !!

Wishing

Wishing Report 5 Oct 2005 19:22

Thank you for trying. Back to the drawing board for me. Thanxxxxxxxxs

Esta

Esta Report 5 Oct 2005 19:24

and the only Emily Frog* I could find in 1861 with a Yorkshire connection were Emily Froggatt abt 1858 Bradford, Yorkshire, England Granddaughter Ecclesall Bierlow Yorkshire and Emily Lane Frogatt abt 1827 Hull, Yorkshire, England Wife Brightside Bierlow Yorkshire

Wishing

Wishing Report 5 Oct 2005 19:27

I think that could be the one . Thank you so very much you are a real star!!!!!!