Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANCESTRY LOOKUPS OFFERED 1861 - 1901 (AWAY FOR THE

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 09:38

Please give as much information as possible and please be patient if i dont get back to you straight away xx

lyndylou74

lyndylou74 Report 8 Jul 2005 09:48

could you look up a susannah grimmer and any family. She was born in scarborough approx 1869 and married a william percival in approx 1887 in scarborough as well. Many thanks lynda

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 12:28

Lynda I have found a Susanna Grimmer born 1869 Scarborough. HEAD Benjamin Grimmer abt 1844, Swart, Norfolk WIFE Sarah Grimmer abt 1842 Scarborough, Yorkshire SON George K Grimmer abt 1867 Scarborough, Yorkshire DAUGHTER Sarah A Grimmer abt 1870 Scarborough, Yorkshire DAUGHTER Susanna Grimmer abt 1869 Scarborough, Yorkshire What do you think? If you think this is the correct family i can see if i can find anything else on the others. I couldnt find a Susannah Percival registered. Do you know where William was born or dates? xx

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 12:32

Sarn Is there anyone in particular you wanted looked up? I have 4 pages of people from Canterbury! If you would like it all then mail me your email address and i will forward it all to you. xx

lyndylou74

lyndylou74 Report 8 Jul 2005 12:52

Hi thanks that is definately the right family as her date of birth fits so i guess i spelt the name wrong. William was born about 1868 i think and possibly was born in scarborough although i am not sure as he was a fisherman who traveeled about as they later ended up in scotland on the 1901 census! So anything else you may find would be brilliant. Many thanks Lynda

Deborah

Deborah Report 8 Jul 2005 13:09

Hello Claire could you please look up in 1901 TOM PURKES born 1869 in Cambridge (aged 32) wife MARY PURKES living in London and LUCY PROUT born 1859 in Cambridge (aged 42) (Toms sister) living in London Thank you Deborah

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 13:14

Lynda Found a marriage for William think its the correct one just cant find one for Susanna at the same time?? WILLIAM PERCIVAL MARRIAGES JUNE QUARTER 1887 SCARBOROUGH vol 9d page 547 xx

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 13:23

Deborah have found Tom and Mary the name was spelt Purkis i think it is definitely them though see the brother in laws, TOM DAY PURKIS abt 1869 Cambridgeshire, HEAD THOMAS C G PURKIS abt 1899 Shoreditch, London SON MARY S PURKIS abt 1867 Shoreditch, London WIFE LUCY PURKIS abt 1889 Shoreditch, London DAUGHTER FLORENCE PURKIS abt 1892 Shoreditch, London DAUGHTER ELIZA PURKIS abt 1896 Shoreditch, London DAUGHTER LEONARD C PROUT abt 1882 Shoreditch, London, BROTHER IN LAW GEORGE PROUT abt 1872 Shoreditch, London BROTHER IN LAW. What do you think? I will now go and see if i can find Lucy!! I take it you have Tom and Lucy's parents?? xx

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 13:30

ok Deborah i think i have Lucy LUCY PROUT abt 1859 Cambridgeshire HEAD DORA PROUT abt 1881 Shoreditch, London DAUGHTER ETHEL PROUT abt 1886 Shoreditch, London DAUGHTER EVELINE PROUT abt 1885 Shoreditch, London DAUGHTER I hope this helps xx

lyndylou74

lyndylou74 Report 8 Jul 2005 13:31

thanks again its seems to be the right william but at least now i can order the certificate and make sure i am going on the right line. Many thanks for your help xx

Deborah

Deborah Report 8 Jul 2005 13:51

Thanks Claire This is them Their name was Purkis but no one had been able to find it and I looked on the 1901 site and found Purkes and wondered if this was them. Does it show an address they were living at? I have quiet a few Purkis bits and believe Tom and Lucy were siblings. Tom married Mary Susannah Prout, her step mother was Lucy. These relatives certainly like to keep us busy finding who was who Thank you for the Info Deborah

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 20:00

Deborah i have an address for them but i cannpt read what it says if you mail me your email address i will send you the image and maybe you will be able to work out what it says xx

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 21:32

ok Deborah have now emailed you the images good luck xx

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 21:53

Jackie i found this Margaret McAlpine abt 1853 Glasgow, Scotland Servant Droylsden Lancashire I guess she was working in a school or something as there is a biglist and it is all pupils assistants or servants. i will keep looking to see if there are any living in cheshire. xx

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 21:59

Jackie here is Isaac and Margaret on the 1881 Quality Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Residence View Image Sarah Ann King abt 1863 Manchester, Lancashire, England Lodger 5 Ashtons Court, Stockport, Cheshire, England Charlotte Lewis abt 1828 Stockport, Cheshire, England Lodger 5 Ashtons Court, Stockport, Cheshire, England George Phillips abt 1879 Stockport, Cheshire, England Son 5 Ashtons Court, Stockport, Cheshire, England Hannah Phillips abt 1869 Stockport, Cheshire, England Daughter 5 Ashtons Court, Stockport, Cheshire, England Isaac Phillips abt 1851 Stockport, Cheshire, England Head 5 Ashtons Court, Stockport, Cheshire, England John Phillips abt 1880 Stockport, Cheshire, England Son 5 Ashtons Court, Stockport, Cheshire, England Margaret Phillips abt 1852 Scotland Wife 5 Ashtons Court, Stockport, Cheshire, England Mary Smith abt 1828 Stockport, Cheshire, England Lodger 5 Ashtons Court, Stockport, Cheshire, England is the one?? xx

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 22:06

Jackie cant find anything else!! only margaret McAlpin i can find is the one i have given you xx

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 22:08

thats great Jackie glad i helped even if it wasnt much xx

**Claire*

**Claire* Report 8 Jul 2005 22:43

Jean this is all i have found: Joseph Atkin abt 1837 Metheringham, Lincolnshire, England Servant Bardney Lincolnshire Susan Boocock abt 1840 Dunholme, Lincolnshire, England Servant Bardney Lincolnshire Joseph Bradley abt 1842 Scamblesby, Lincolnshire, England Servant Bardney Lincolnshire Eliza Clay abt 1832 Bardney, Lincolnshire, England Sister Bardney Lincolnshire John Clay abt 1821 Bardney, Lincolnshire, England Head Bardney Lincolnshire Susan Horwood abt 1843 Bardney, Lincolnshire, England Servant Bardney Lincolnshire Betsy Ablewhite abt 1852 Louth, Lincolnshire, England Daughter St James Lincolnshire Eliza Ablewhite abt 1848 Louth, Lincolnshire, England Daughter St James Lincolnshire Lucy Ablewhite abt 1856 Louth, Lincolnshire, England Daughter St James Lincolnshire Maria Ablewhite abt 1853 Louth, Lincolnshire, England Daughter St James Lincolnshire Mary Ann Ablewhite abt 1823 Louth, Lincolnshire, England Wife St James Lincolnshire Thomas Bond Ablewhite abt 1859 Louth, Lincolnshire, England Son St James Lincolnshire Thomas Ranson Ablewhite abt 1817 Louth, Lincolnshire, England Head St James Lincolnshire William Ablewhite abt 1860 Louth, Lincolnshire, England Son St James Lincolnshire Mary Ann Atkin abt 1838 Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire, England Lodger St James Lincolnshire Jane Wright abt 1845 Castle Carlton, Lincolnshire, England Servant St James Lincolnshire Do you think this could be them? certainly Joseph anyway as if they were living in different households i am gueesing they are not yet married so therefore this wouldnt be the correct Mary as she would be under her maiden name!! Do you have any idea what ot was?? xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jul 2005 23:57

Claire Thank you for your kind offer. Please could you look for my great-grandfather JOHN SMOOTHY in 1861? He was born in 1812, though later censuses give an age consistent with 1813, in Chelmsford, Essex. I have his wife Ann on the 1861 census with their first child Elizabeth, living in Richmond, Surrey. Ann describes herself as 'butler's wife' (John was 'gentleman's servant' on his marriage cert in 1858). Can't see John, who is with Ann in Richmond in all subsequent censuses. I wondered if he was with the family he worked for or staying elsewhere on census night. Many thanks in advance, nell

Trudy

Trudy Report 9 Jul 2005 04:44

Claire - Could you look up George Morley born c1870 in Ireland married to Ellen Topp born Scotland had children Maud (1896), George, William, Ann and one other son - lived in Willesden, London and died c1904 making children orphans. I need to locate his place of birth, parents etc, also Ellen's. Many thanks. Trudy