Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 Somerset Census Look ups available

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nikki

Nikki Report 31 May 2005 17:32

Please provide as much information as possible, and post your requests on the thread rather than sending me a message directly. Nikki

Elaine

Elaine Report 31 May 2005 18:27

Nikki Thank you for your offer. I am looking for a James Bodman and daughter Sarah Ann. Sarah married in 1853 to a Reuben Line from Wilts(Blacksmith). James was a Shoe Maker. Sorry I dont have much info. I think Sarah also known as Ann was born c1840 in Bath. Don't know about James but could be c1821. Any info on any Bodmans in Somerset would be wonderful. Thanks Elaine

Nikki

Nikki Report 31 May 2005 19:03

1 Brimble Court, St James, Bath BODMAN James 35 Cordwainer Trowbridge, Wilts. Elizabeth 35 Walcot, Som. Sarah 15 Walcot, Som. Thomas 12 Apprentice Bath, St James, Som. Emily 8 Bristol St Philip & St Jacob Joseph 6 Scholar Bristol St Philip & St Jacob Elizabeth 4 Bristol St Philip & St Jacob Clara 2 Bath, St James, Som. Mary 7m Bath, St James, Som. Only other Bodman that I can find in the Bath area is: BODMAN Richard Widow/er 46 Labourer Durham Glazier He's listed as a male visitor or patient at the General Hospital Hope this helps Nikki

Elaine

Elaine Report 31 May 2005 19:12

Nikki Thanks for that. I have a problem with her age, but then you can never tell. From my info she was supposed to be 13 when she got married! I know they did then, but it seems more reasonable for her to have been 17/18. She may well have told fibs on a later census's but then again she was illiterate so its understandable. You have given me something else to investigae now Many thanks again Elaine

Georgette

Georgette Report 4 Jun 2005 10:23

Hello Nikki, I'm looking for Aaron Elworthy and his family in Bridgewater. Aaron c.1806, his wife Jane c.1806, daughter Emma Jane 1835 and his son Robert 1837. In 1841 they are living in Barclay Street, Bridgewater and Aaron is a butcher. Thank you very much for your help, Helenxx

Nikki

Nikki Report 4 Jun 2005 10:40

Hi Helen Here's Aaron his wife is Hannah? (have checked the image & Hannah is correct) son Robert. They were living at Eastover, Bridgwater in 1851. ELWORTHY Aaron 42 Butcher Bridgewater, Som. Hannah 50 Bridgewater, Som. Robert 13 Scholar Bridgewater, Som. Page 45 Emma is living away from the family at Northgate, Bridgwater. GILLINGHAM Emma 27 School Mistress Sarah 26 Dressmaker ELWORTHY Emma Pupil Teacher 15 Hope this helps Nikki

Georgette

Georgette Report 4 Jun 2005 10:44

Wow Nikki that was quick! Thank you very much, it's very helpful indeed and fills in lots of holes for me :-) Thank you Helenxx

Jane

Jane Report 4 Jun 2005 12:12

Dear Nikki, I would like the details of any family in Castle Cary with the name of HANNAM and ACKERMAN. Sorry, but I don't have any other details. Thankyou and Regards Jane

Norma

Norma Report 4 Jun 2005 15:26

Hello Nikki, thanks for the offer. I am looking for a family of Williams at West Monkton. Father Thomas born abt 1813 Mother Ann or Anna born abt 1814 Somerset Children are Thomas b 1842 John b 1846 Ann b 1848 all born West Monkton There is a son Charles but he not born till 1851 so may not be on census. Many thanks Norma

Nikki

Nikki Report 4 Jun 2005 16:32

Jane Only one I can find by either name in Castle Cary itself is as follows: JEFFREY William 75 Hand Loom Weaver Beer Regis Hannah 72 Hand Loom Weaver South Petherton COLES Charlotte Lodger 24 Flax Worker Blackford FRANCIS Charlotte Lodger 17 Hand Loom Weaver Castle Cary, Som. HANNAM Jane Granddaughter 5 Scholar Pitcombe There seem to be a lot of HANNAMs in the Bruton area and a few ACKERMANs too. Are you looking for anyone in particular? Nikki

Nikki

Nikki Report 4 Jun 2005 16:37

Hi Norma Here's your gang, looks like there are a few more children to investigate!! Gollon Cottage WILLIAMS THOMAS 36 Ag. Lab. Hase Ann 36 Milverton George 11 West Monkton, Som. Thomas 9 Scholar West Monkton, Som. Alfred 7 Scholar West Monkton, Som. John 5 West Monkton, Som. Anne 3 West Monkton, Som. Charles 8m West Monkton, Som. Nikki

Jane

Jane Report 4 Jun 2005 17:06

Thankyou for looking Nikki, Nothing in Particular just a connection between the 2 families A hunch really Jane

Norma

Norma Report 4 Jun 2005 17:12

Thanks Nikki, Yes a couple more to investigate, having the eldest will help to locate parents marriage. Many thanks, Norma.

Nikki

Nikki Report 4 Jun 2005 18:16

Hi Carol Here's William & family. Rockwell Green WINTER William 39 Serge Tucker Portsmouth Hannah 37 Weaver Wiveliscombe, Som. Mary 18 Wiveliscombe, Som. Benjamin 10 Scholar Wiveliscombe, Som. Hannah 8 Scholar Wiveliscombe, Som. John 6 Scholar Wellington, Som. Jane Ann 2 Wellington, Som. BROWN Caroline Niece 23 Wool Cripper Wiveliscombe, Som. No sign of Benjamin but could this be wife Margaret also living in Wellington?? POWELL Elizabeth Widow/er 64 Pauper - Weaver Wellington, Som. Eliza 22 Pauper - Weaver Wellington, Som. WINTER Margaret Lodger Widow/er 77 Pauper Wiveliscombe, Som. HAMMENBUSS ?? Ann 28 Lodger feeder Factory Worker Wellington, Som

Kim

Kim Report 4 Jun 2005 21:53

Dear Nikki, i am trying to find a George Welch or Welsh born Penn, Somerset . He was a fisherman in later census born in 1824/7 . May be born 'Pen selwood.' Any help v appreciated, thank you. Kim

Nikki

Nikki Report 5 Jun 2005 12:19

Hi Kim Where is Penn? I've never heard of it & it's not listed on my discs. Nikki

Kim

Kim Report 5 Jun 2005 13:37

Its now known as Penselwood, on the border near Mere in Wiltshire, hes not in Wiltshire as I've looked there , hoping he's not gone fishing! Kim

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 5 Jun 2005 16:22

Thanks very much for this offer. I wonder if you could look for Maria and James Weare in Horsington. Maria was born in 1808 in Holton or North Cheriton. I should really like to know who else was in the household. With many thanks.

Julia

Julia Report 5 Jun 2005 16:49

Hi Can you find any details on the family of Charles Lovell, carpenter, wife Jane (Boulter) and son James -born 25.7.1845 in Camely, Somerset Any details of other members, where they lived etc would be fab. Many thanks Julia

Karen

Karen Report 5 Jun 2005 23:33

Hi Nikki Thank you very much for your kind offer. I am looking for George PERRY born in Dowlish Wake c1788 and his son Charles PERRY born c1830 in Dowlish Wake. Someone very kindly found George PERRY-62 Jane-64 Charles-21 on the 1851 census for me [HO 107/1927]. However in the name index they gave there was also another George PERRY aged 64. Would you know if this other George had a family or whether there was another Charles aged 20/21 floating around at the same time because I am not sure which George is mine. In the 1841 Dowlish Wake census there is a George PERRY-50 Hannah-50 John-27 Sarah-14 Charles-11 Caroline-7 listed. I had thought these were mine, now I am just confused! Thank you very much for any help you may be able to give. best wishes, Karen