Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Caroline Howell - née Davison - 1881/9

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Mar 2005 19:03

Caroline Davison was born in 1853, Tealby (Caistor), see the following info - thanks.

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Mar 2005 19:04

Born 1853 - Tealby (Caistor), Lincolnshire. Father Jonathan, mother Mary Ann (Bowers?) Married 4Q1871 Kings Lynn, Norfolk to a Charles Curtis or William Henry G. Howell - Index = Vol4b Page964. Eliminated Mr Curtis by finding him happily with a Rebecca in 1881 census. No deaths found for Caroline (maiden or married names) or William Henry Howell ..... Can anybody help crack this one please ?

Linda

Linda Report 11 Mar 2005 19:39

Was Caroline def married to either Curtis or Howell? I have fould a Caroline Croft on 1881 Census, born in Tealby about 1852. Could this be her? Regards Linda

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Mar 2005 07:28

Thanks both - just to confirm, the marriage in Kings Lynn is correct - she lived there from late 1850s, and her brother was there till mid 1880s. I'm 99.9% sure that she married the Howell chap, NOT Curtis as I found the latter in 1881 married to the other female on the page .. Why do all my Davisons do this - LOL.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Mar 2005 11:13

Thanks Rosemary, ( GC ? is that a qualification ?), I am saving up for her and siblings certs (meant 1852, its her bro in 1853) In the meantime I have tracked all 4 siblings thru to 1901 except her ladyship .... I think Mr Howell has died and she has remarried - but there's too many candidates to be sure w/o ordering the 1871 marriage cert and getting a better handle on said Howell.... Much appreciated, LD PS. They may have emigrated - found nowt on that front either

The Bag

The Bag Report 12 Mar 2005 11:25

Howdy laird Entering the criteria - Caroline 40/39/41. caistor/tealby in various combinations- none come up with either surname! jess

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Mar 2005 11:46

Thanks Jess - not quite with the 40/19/41 thingy ? ages in census would be 29 / 39 / 49 ish ...... I'm missing summat I know .... put me straight !

The Bag

The Bag Report 12 Mar 2005 12:01

Sorry Laird. was looking for a 'Caroline' in 1881 born Caistor aged either 39, 40 or 41 jess

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Mar 2005 12:12

LOL ! Cheers but she was born 1852 .... so 29/30/31 vital stats ... I've tried every which way too .... btw this is the Aunt of the bloke I cant find in 1901 - typical !

The Bag

The Bag Report 12 Mar 2005 12:31

laird. do some double checking 1881 census criteria - CAROLINE / born caistor (no years ) = 1 Caroline Barracks abt 1846 Caistor, Northamptonshire, England Wife Great Hale 2 Caroline Etheridge abt 1876 Caistor, Norfolk, England Daughter Buckenham 3 Caroline Lambert abt 1863 Caistor, Lincoln, England Daughter Brocklesby 4 Caroline Sutton abt 1862 Caistor, Lincoln, England Daughter Market Rasen 5 Caroline Willey abt 1808 Caistor, Lincoln, England Sister Holbeach criteria -Caroline/ born Tealby 6 Caroline Cousins abt 1838 Tealby, Lincoln, England Wife Lincoln 7 Caroline Croft abt 1852 Tealby, Lincoln, England Wife Horsington 8 Caroline Starkey abt 1842 Tealby, Lincoln, England Wife Tealby 9 Caroline Tyson abt 1843 Tealby, Lincoln, England Wife Attercliffe Cum Darnall are all the returns can you eleiminate any of them? jess

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Mar 2005 09:01

Thanks Jess - the Croft wife looked interesting, but then I remembered it had been checked earlier. Must be death, emigration or total family transcription error .... strange not to find either wife or husband in any guise thru 3 census ... Much appreciated - LD

The Bag

The Bag Report 13 Mar 2005 09:11

Laird, not to find them once because of mis-transcription i would understand, but think you would be very VERY unlucky to have them mistranscribed 3 times ! - not that unusual a name jess

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Mar 2005 09:15

agree Jess - thats why I've put the other options first .... and considered the possibility that he died before 1881 and she remarried - but I dont know enough about Mr Howell at present to pick on any of the deaths I can see country-wide. Cheers, Laird