Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

British Isles Vital Record Index 2nd Edition look

Page 0 + 1 of 9

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Feb 2005 10:56

Hi everyone SORRY WILL NOT LET ME UPDATE ON TITLE BUT THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED. aNYONE NEEDING EXTRA INFORMATION ON ADVICE ALL READY GIVEN PLEASE E-MAIL ME DIRECT WILL ANSWER NEXT WEEK. THANKS FOR KEEPING ME BUSY I am stuck at home with my foot in plaster and thought that as I have some spare time I could repay all those kind people who have helped me. I have the above set of cd's listing births and marriages from 1530 to 1906, and am willing to do look ups unfortueately they are by no means complete and I personally only found one of my ancestors, however have had more luck with friends. Please list as much information as you have as some surnames will produce a hundred or more people, so impossible to give accurate information then. Usually for each birth it lists the parents, and can find if other children by those paretns if requested, for marriage the father of bride and groom though not always, as well as loction so can prove quite useful. Sorry haven't more rescources to offer look ups with but my family never stayed in one place long so not much point buying census etc as probably only find one ancestor in each area per census year. Good luck to all of you in your research Maureen

Peter

Peter Report 28 Feb 2005 10:59

Hi, hope you are not in too much pain. could you do a look up for a John Carviel (Carvil) and His Marriage to Ellen Staunton Lancashire Possibly Manchester 1840's ish Thanks Peter

Michael

Michael Report 28 Feb 2005 11:08

Maureen.....How on earth did you manage to have your leg in plaster...Or should I not ask... My Ancestor Thomas Alton bn abt 1700 South Wingfield Derbyshire Married Mary Bramley bn 16/1/1703 the daughter of Thomas Bramley bn abt 1667 Thomas and Mary married 1727 South Wingfield Derbyshire.. Question... is there any info on your vital records for the parents of Thomas Alton.. marriage or birth . canny lad Mike

Julie

Julie Report 28 Feb 2005 11:10

Hi Maureen Thank you for your offer. Could you look for me please. George Newman m Emma ? in the late 1850s in Buckinghamshire. Many thanks Julie

Jane

Jane Report 28 Feb 2005 11:13

Hello Maureen Sorry to hear of your mishap, and thank you for the very kind offer. I am trying to link my gggrandfather Richard Remington to his father Samuel. Richard was born 1816 Teston Kent, and married Harriette Rumbold in 1843. He has been living at Sydenham Road Lewisham London since 1851. Any info much appreciated and once again thank you. Jane

treacle

treacle Report 28 Feb 2005 11:50

Hi Maureen, Thanks for your offer. I have been searching for a birth of Hannah Barkley, born c1809 in Codnor, Derbyshire. I just can't find her anywhere on line. I have also been searching for her marriage to William Jones, don't know the year but their first child was born in Ellesmere Shropshire in 1834. I know it's not a lot to go on, but would be grateful if you could have a look for me. Thanks again and hope the leg isn't hurting too much! Anne

Beverly

Beverly Report 28 Feb 2005 11:59

Hi Maureen Thankyou for your kind offer Could you look up a marriage for Thomas Darby to a Ruth?First childs Birth 1815 so somewhere round there. Ruth came from Hinwick Bedford so im presuming its from there because they didnt get married from where Thomas came from Litchborough. Thank you Beverly

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Feb 2005 12:08

Hi Michael Could find nothing on births, marriage unfortueately does not list parents, however there is a family history library number, so if you have a Mormon church near you they may be able to order the fiche for you to see, Sorry I could not be more help Maureen AULTON, Thomas Marriage Wife: Mary BRAMLEY Marriage Date: 23 May 1727 Recorded in: South Wingfield, Derbyshire, England Source: FHL Film 496705 Dates: 1695 – 1812 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi Peter Sorry could find nothing tried both John’s surnames and also Ellen’s in case another variation of John’s was there but no luck tried years 1830 – 1850. I dropped a wooden knife block on my foot trying to get it out of a box, bit painful but more annoying as cannot put weight on it, will be more careful next time. Maureen _______________________________________________________________________ Julie Sorry could find none in Buckinghamshire, have copied these as may be relevant if you are not absolutely certain of the area tried 1850 to 1865. There are other George’s married around that time but not too an Emma and none in Buckinghamshire, can send you them if you want, Hope these help or if you want me to try anything else just ask Maureen NEWMAN, George Marriage Wife: Emma Eliza MOORE Marriage Date: 19 Sep 1854 Recorded in: Chesterton, Cambridgeshire, England Husband's Father: Joseph NEWMAN Wife's Father: Reuben MOORE Source: FHL Film 1040452 Dates: 1837 – 1876 NEWMAN, George Marriage Wife: Emma Eliza MOORE Marriage Date: 19 Sep 1854 Recorded in: Chesterton, Cambridgeshire, England Husband's Father: Joseph NEWMAN Wife's Father: Reuben MOORE Source: FHL Film 1040452 Dates: 1837 - 1876

Karen

Karen Report 28 Feb 2005 12:14

Hi Maureen, Thanks for your generous offer. Could you have a look and see if you can find any birth/christening info on the following MARK children. Joseph Mark b c1832 Margaret Mark b c1834 Mark Mark b c1837 John Mark b c1838 Also their father John Mark b c1810 According to the 1841 census they were all born in Cumberland. I know they settled in Brampton, Cumberland from 1841 onwards but would love to find any kind of info on them. Thankyou Karen

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Feb 2005 12:15

Hi Jill Sorry could not find anything looked all over England b 1805 to 1820 and marriages 1849 to 1850 no luck. That is the annoying thing, some have loads and others nothing. Please get back to me if you need anythign else Maureen

John

John Report 28 Feb 2005 12:23

Hi Maureen could you see if you have a Thomas Tillett born 1811 Swanton Morley-Norfolk he was a blacksmith, sorry dont know his parents. If you could find the parents and siblings it would be much appreciated. Thank you so much John

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 28 Feb 2005 12:25

Hi Maureen, So sorry to hear about your foot, but thank you for your kind offer. I am searching for the birth date of Elizabeth Fry, she must have been born around 1826 in either Paulton/Carlingcott /Camerton or Clutton in Somerset, I think the main district is Paulton but I am not sure. Her parents were Job Henry and Mary Fry, from Paulton. Also Elizabeth had a daughter Mercy Fry born 1846 Clutton and would love to have a birth date. Thank you so much, I hope it does not cause you too much trouble to find. Elizabeth

Pauline

Pauline Report 28 Feb 2005 12:25

Hi Maureen - speedy recovery to you. Thank you for kind offer could you look for marriage: William BELL and Rebecca ? Longtown Cumberland c1842 ish Children Richard Bell born c 1849/50 Longtown Cumbeland & Maggie/Rebecca born c 1853/54 any others Arthur Watson & Elizabeth Bell Arthuret / Cumberland c 1810 ish. Child Arthur Watson born Dalston Cumberland 1822 any others would be wonderful. Many thanks Pauline

Dan

Dan Report 28 Feb 2005 12:28

Hi Maureen Sorry to hear about your - foot hope you are up and about soon. Are you able to find any of the following: Birth of Robert Christopher Shimmon born c1810 in UK Death of Hugh Ross died aft 1877 born c1833 in Sutherland Scotland - husband of Margaret Polson. Occ Fisherman. Death or marriage of Lachlan Ross born c1806 in Sutherland (Scourie), died 1852-1861 - husband of a Janet Mathison who died 1897 in Findlemore. He was a fisherman. Marriage of a Daniel Daly to Ellen ? (both of Cork) - in either Merthy Tydfil in 1859 or a Daniel Daly married in Holborn in 1858 - one of these is ggt Grandparents, not sure which. Any help would be wonderful. With thanks and best wishes for speedy recovery. Danielle

Julie

Julie Report 28 Feb 2005 12:53

Hi maureen Thank you very much for looking. Would you mined to check for me and let me know if you can who George Newman married 1859 Eton Bucks.This info is on the BMD but there is no female. Thanks again Julie. ps i know thats not the right George as his father is John.

Ann ♣

Ann ♣ Report 28 Feb 2005 13:00

Hi Maureen Sorry about your leg hope it's not too painful...Could you please look for a marriage between James Ratchford and Catherine Munro abt 1835-41. They were both born in Ireland but not sure were they married as they were in liverpool on 1841 census.Hope this enough info. Thanks in advance Ann

Jan.jan

Jan.jan Report 28 Feb 2005 13:26

How I would love a couple of weeks off work but not under your circumstances. Hope it isn't too painful. I am searching for the parents of Robert Hibberd born about 1661 in Urchfont, Wiltshire. He married a Mary about 1665 in Urchfont, so can you look for me? Also, I have an Emanuel Hibberd born about 1736, probably in West Lavington Wiltshire. He married an Ann Oram 13th Jan 1755 in Market Lavington Wiltshire. Any info would be appreciated.

Denise

Denise Report 28 Feb 2005 13:32

Hi Could you possibly if you have time see if there is a birth for an Elizabeth Jane Bennett born Alverstoke 1852 - 1860. Thanks in advance Take it easy Denise

Linda

Linda Report 28 Feb 2005 13:35

Hi Maureen.Could you possibly look for a marriage please. Thomas george Drury 1840ish. Wife i think is ann powell. Liverpool Lancashire. Thanks Linda

Treetective

Treetective Report 28 Feb 2005 13:38

Oooh...foot in plaster is not so good....but very kind of you to think of others. If possible, trying to find a Marriage between ROBERT NEESON and MARGARET LYTTLE or (LITTLE) possibly in Randalstown area of County Antrim, Ireland. From births of children, I would assume around 1860. Anything you find would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.