Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 London Census look ups offered..(Thread now C

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 21 Feb 2005 23:24

Sorry Thread now closed except for replies but will be opening a new thread for Ancestry look- ups later tonight Cheers Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 21 Feb 2005 23:42

Jon Thomas Stace 44 Head Labourer born Essex Sarah Stace 43 Wife Born Southwark Thomas Stace 13 Son Errand Boy born Greenwich Joseph Stace 12 Son born Greenwich Susan Stace 3 Daughter born Greenwich 55 Mason? Street, Greenwich London RG9/400 Page 308 Cheers Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 22 Feb 2005 00:39

Scott Sorry no sign of Seymours have tried all combination of names etc Cheers Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 22 Feb 2005 00:45

Chris Sorry no sign of John Noble !But did find the other two (I think!1) RG9/078 Page 98 Stephen Taylor Head 40 ? Traveller born Lyston Leicestershire Sarah Taylor Wife 47 born Bury St Edmunds Frederick Taylor Son 18 Porter born Middlesex Shouldham Street, Branston Square, Marylebone, London RG9/076 Page 70 John Simpson Head 68 Magistrate of W Riding York (1821) Physician of Edinburgh not in practice born Handsworth Yorks Elizabeth Simpson Wife 53 Landed Proprietor born Handsworth Yorks Wilfred H Simpson Single Son 32 Barrister not in practice born York William Burke Single Servant 38 Butler born Ireland Eliza Fairweather Single Servant 22 Housemaid born Parham Suffolk Jane Bailey Single Servant 24 Cook born Croydon Surrey 21 Gloucester Place, Portman, St Marylebone, London Cheers Michelle

Helen

Helen Report 22 Feb 2005 08:48

Hi Michelle, could you please look for the following members of the Shoard family: Joseph born Spitalfields 1834 Sarah (Joe's wife) born St George in the East similar date Their children: Joseph born Spitalfields 1858 Sarah born Whitechapel 1859 It appears to be quite a rare name so any Shoard details would be gratefuly received. Many thanks Helen

Jane

Jane Report 22 Feb 2005 09:03

Could I ask you to look for a Richard Remington born 1816 Teston Kent. Married Harriette 1843. On the 1871 census his address is Sydenham Road Lewisham, but I can't find any trace of him before that, any info much appreciated. Childred Charlotte Boys, George, William Richard and Emily Harriette. Many thanks Jane

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Feb 2005 10:11

Hi Michelle thanks for your kind offer Looking for Peter & Georgiana Maria Campbell. Their son peter was born late 1861 at 32 Leybourne Rd, Camden Town and was wondering if his parents were living there before he was born. many thanks Linda

Karen

Karen Report 22 Feb 2005 11:14

Hi Michelle. I have looked on the 1837 online index for 1861 census . Also the Bmdindex 1861census index. For Lydia Gore born 1814 Croydon and also her son Charles Gore born 1843 Bethnal Green. But no sign of them. Charles and his wife Mary Ann were at 2 Tapp St. Bethnal Green in 1871. Would you have a look in Tapp St for me please. Karen.

Heather

Heather Report 22 Feb 2005 11:19

Michelle, a very long shot here, but I am unable to find Mary Ann Hanson aged 29 born Southwark or her son James Robert Hanson aged 1 born Shoreditch on the 1837online census. They arent with the father and other two girls nor with grandfather so I wondered if it is possible just to see if they come up anywhere at all in London. Realise this is a lot to ask, so wont be too disappointed if you cant! Many thanks.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 22 Feb 2005 11:22

hi michelle thankyou for your kind offer is it possible to see if you can find the following for me charles hansford (father) eliza hansford born c 1847 in chelsea.(daughter) i presume they would be in wandsworth or chelsea. thankyou susie

Joy

Joy Report 22 Feb 2005 11:36

Thank you. Please would you look for William Francis France age about 64 born London, and his wife Mary age about 54 born Robertsbridge. They should be in St Martin in the Fields. Joy

Maureen

Maureen Report 22 Feb 2005 13:21

Hi Michelle Please could you look up:- Stephen Robinson Millen b 1851 Marylebone aged 10 Parents Stephen & Nancy Millen. Nancy b yorkshire Stephen thought to be born London. Thank you very much for your help Regards Maureen

West

West Report 22 Feb 2005 20:03

Hi Michelle Thank you for the offer. I'm looking for henry charles pynn with wife eliza and son george.i have george's birth cert which is dated 28.04.1861 the address is 6 cross(?) street plumstead lewisham. hope you can help paula

Lynne

Lynne Report 22 Feb 2005 20:17

Hi Michelle, thank you for your offer of a look up!I am trying to locate CHARLES RICHARDS, carpenter. May be living in the Greenwich area or Blackheath and might be married .Probably born circa 1840 thanks Lynne

Debbie

Debbie Report 22 Feb 2005 21:13

Hi Michelle, Please could you see if you can find Lavinia Buck, she was born in 1847, her parents were George and Sarah. George was a potato dealer/merchant. She was born in Bow, Parish of Stepney, Many Thanks Debbie

Michelle

Michelle Report 22 Feb 2005 21:45

Helen Sorry nothing coming up for Shoard - do you have an address I could look up for them as they are probably mis-transcribed. I did try variations on spelling but with no luck! Cheers Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 22 Feb 2005 21:48

Jane Hi I think this is your family! RG9/416 Page 35 Lower Sydenham Road, Lewisham, Sydenham Richard Remington Head 45 Letter Carrier born Teston Kent Harriet Remington Wife 42 born (can't read!) Richard W Remington Son 9 born Sydenham Kent Mary E Remington Daughter 14 born Sydenham Kent Edith Remington Daughter 10 born Sydenham Kent Charlotte B Remington Daughter 1 born Sydenham Kent Cheers Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 22 Feb 2005 21:52

Lin Sorry no sign of them at 32 Leybourne Road Camden Town. Maybe they hadn't married until after the census but before their son was born. If that was the case then Georgina would be under her maiden name and Peter would possibly be living with his parents?? On the street index it shows no Leybourne Road Camden Town only Leybourne Kentish Town (near-by) so I looked up the Kentish Town one!! Cheers Michelle

Doreen

Doreen Report 22 Feb 2005 21:58

Hi Michelle - can you look for Honor Berry please. She was born Trimley St. Martins, Suffolk and should be in the East End of London by 1861, aged 14. Sometimes her name was recorded as Hounner. She might be working as a servant, or could still be with the family - Serjeant Berry (all kinds of spellings including Sargrant! wife Harriet, Simon 7, Miles 5, James 2. They moved a lot but usually in Bromley By Bow area. Many thanks.......Doreen

Michelle

Michelle Report 22 Feb 2005 22:14

Karen Sorry no Gore's living at 2 Tapp Street and no sign of them on the index either!! The nearest I got was a Charles Gore aged 18 Stable Boy born Middx and his mother Ann Gore aged 51 a Char Woman (couldn't read where she was born) they were living in Marylebone (Pancras) Cheers Michelle