Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 CRAWLEY,SUSSEX CENSUS LOOKUP PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 3 Feb 2005 20:48

HELLO - THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT WITH THIS LOOKUP. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AND SERVICE. I AM LOOKING FOR LOUIS SNELLING ON THE 1851 CENSUS OF CRAWLEY,SUSSEX. WE FOUND HIM ON A 1861 CENSUS OF WEST GREEN, WHICH IS NOW A PART OF CRAWLEY SO MAYBE THIS LOOKUP SHOULD SAY WEST GREEN INSTEAD BUT I LEAVE THAT TO YOU AND THE INDEX. HIS NAME MAY BE SPELLED WITH VARIATIONS LOUIS, LOIS, LEWIS. IN 1861 HIS FAMILY CONSISTED OF WIFE HARRIET AGE 44, SONS HENRY 17, LOUIS 13, DAU SABINA SOPER 20 AND GRANDSON ALBION ALFRED SOPER 2. LOUIS OCCUPATION WAS A BUILDER. AGAIN, THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME. REGARDS, PAM

Pam

Pam Report 5 Feb 2005 15:07

Hello Pam, I am from Crawley but now living in Nottingham. I am visiting home next week and can have a look through the censuses held at the local history centre if that will help? Regards......................another Pam!