Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 Yorkshire Census Look Up's Available *CLOSED*

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 31 Jan 2005 13:32

Hi All. I made abit of a mess of my last thread being new to this look up thing so i am starting afresh now that i know what i am doing and have a few days off work lol. If you would like a look up on this census please give me as much info as you have for me. It is not name indexed so street or area would be great if they come from a large city or town. Please also can you put your requests on this thread for me and not mail me direct as its getting confusing for me now. Regards, Claire

Hayley

Hayley Report 31 Jan 2005 14:09

Sorry if not, but do you have the 1861 census also?

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 31 Jan 2005 14:14

Hi Hayley, Im sorry but i dont. Just have the 51 census and acess to ancestry. Its the 61 and 41 that i dont have now. Regards, Claire

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 31 Jan 2005 14:37

Got him Kathryn. High End in Brompton Rachel Taylor - Head - Widow - age 60 - born Northallerton William Taylor - Son - age 21 - born Northallerton Thomas Taylor - Son - age 16 - born Northallerton. Saved the image if you want it, let me know your email addy. Regards, Claire

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 31 Jan 2005 14:38

If you're bored, could you look through Lindley for a Samuel Craven (b.1818/9, Lindley) He's not where he was in 1861 unfortunately :( (They were in Long Lane) His wife was Mary (b.1824). Children Elizabeth (b.1838), Joshua (b.1840) and Benjamin (b.1843)

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 31 Jan 2005 15:18

Hi Tracy. Ive gone through the whole of Lindley and Samuel isnt there. There was three Craven's on Long Lane, which you will probably already know of. Regards, Claire

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 31 Jan 2005 15:27

Thanks for looking Claire :) Wonder where they disappeared to....

Frances

Frances Report 31 Jan 2005 17:08

Hi Thanks for the kind offer. I am looking for William Mann and Emma Webb in Leeds, on their Marriage certificate in 1854 they both gave their address as Bowman Lane so I am hoping that there may be some Mann or Webb family members there in 1851. It might also be worth trying Strasburg Place for Emmas father George Webb. I do realise that Leeds is a big place and this might be too big a job but thank you anyway. Kind regards Frances

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 31 Jan 2005 17:29

Hi Frances, Ive gone through whole of Bowman Lane and no Webb or Mann families at all there. Also, Strasburg Place does not exist on this census (i know this feeling!). Regards, Claire

Maureen

Maureen Report 31 Jan 2005 22:36

Hi Icle If you have the time could you please look up Thomas Priest and family in Middleton Tyas b1850 (1881census) Thank you. Maureen

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 1 Feb 2005 11:08

Hi Maureen, Im sorry but there are no Priest families in Middleton Tyas. He could be in one of the surrounding villages but there are loads of them. If you find anywhere he could be, let me know and i will have a look for you. Regards, Claire

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 1 Feb 2005 11:09

Hi Linda, Are you wanting me to look for George with his parents in 51? I found them on the 71 census with children, dont know if you have the information or not. If you havnt, here it is. Albert Foster 2 Harwood Dale, Yorkshire, England Son Harwood Dale Yorkshire Betsy Foster 8 Harwood Dale, Yorkshire, England Daughter Harwood Dale Yorkshire George Foster 44 Scalby, Yorkshire, England Head Harwood Dale Yorkshire Hannah Foster 38 Cloughton, Yorkshire, England Wife Harwood Dale Yorkshire John Foster 4 Harwood Dale, Yorkshire, England Son Harwood Dale Yorkshire Rachel Foster 6 Harwood Dale, Yorkshire, England Daughter Harwood Dale Yorkshire Robert Foster 8 months Harwood Dale, Yorkshire, England Son Harwood Dale Yorkshire Tom Foster 3 Harwood Dale, Yorkshire, England Son Harwood Dale Yorkshire Let me know about George. Regards, Claire

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 1 Feb 2005 14:22

Hi Rita, There was no Harriet Goulding in Denaby but there was one Goulding family there with a head called George and a Wife called Mary. There was some children as well with them. I dont know if they are yours but i saved the image if you would like it. Have now sent you the image Rita. Regards, Claire

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 1 Feb 2005 15:03

Hi Susan, Ive got them! I went through the whole of Shelf and they were on the nearly last page of it, lol. Ive saved the image for you, let me know your email address. Wife and other children are on the census as well. Regards, Claire

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 1 Feb 2005 15:30

Hi Linda, ive had a look through Harwood Dale and Hackness for your George Foster and he is not there. Regards, Claire

Frances

Frances Report 1 Feb 2005 16:26

hi there! just wondering if u could look up a thomas haigh and a mary ann haigh.thomas is a miner possibly in the stanley area of wakefield or maybe the burley/leeds area thankyou!!! xxx

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 1 Feb 2005 17:39

Hi Frances, Your Haigh family are definately not in Stanley has just gone through the whole of there. With Leeds, i need to know what part of Leeds it is, is it north, east, south or west? Is Burley the area of Leeds that he may be? Regards, Claire

Frances

Frances Report 1 Feb 2005 17:39

hi there! just wondering if u could look up a thomas haigh and a mary ann haigh.thomas is a miner possibly in the stanley area of wakefield or maybe the burley/leeds area thankyou!!! xxx

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 1 Feb 2005 17:45

HI Frances, Leeds goes over 3 disks, do you know what part of Leeds he could be in, its listed as north east south and west. Regards, Claire

Frances

Frances Report 1 Feb 2005 17:48

YES BURLEY OR ARMLEY,WORTLEY THEY ARE ALL VERY NEAR TO EACH OTHER THANKYOU CLAIRE! SORRY I CANT BE MORE SPECIFIC LOL!!