Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 Lancashire NAME INDEX lookups OFFERED *THREAD

Page 0 + 1 of 10

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jan 2005 22:45

N.B. "Lancashire Lou" has a thread offering 1861 Lancashire Census lookups. BUT she is having a break at the moment. She needs the Piece & Folio numbers I provide. see below for more info on this thread.

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jan 2005 22:46

Hi, PLEASE *don't* message *requests* direct. Add them to the thread. Have 1861 partial name index if I can help anyone looking for poss Ancestors. Need full name and approx age please and if poss, where you hope they may be. If they should have other family members with them, the details would also narrow the search down.. IF I find a match for the names you give on the name index ..I will give you all the other names that match the same Piece and Folio Numbers ... this is NOT a lookup on the Census .. there MAY be other family members on the page before or after ..so you would need to then ask "Lancashire Lou" on her thread, for a lookup on the 1861 Census quoting the Piece and Folio numbers given for the family. Elaine :-)

Ann ♣

Ann ♣ Report 9 Jan 2005 22:56

Hi Elaine could you try to find william caulfield c1811 b ireland with wife rose a caulfield c1839 b ireland dau rose a caulfield b 1860 liverpool lancs they were living at 6 brick st liverpool in 1860 thanks in advance Ann

Karen

Karen Report 9 Jan 2005 23:02

Hi Elaine, Can i take you up on your kind offer please. I wonder if you could look for Thomas Staton born 1846 , should be in Bolton. Also looking for Edwin Dilworth born 1858, Sister Emma born 1860 and mother Caroline 1835 from Halliwell. Many thanks, Karen

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jan 2005 23:17

*Ann from Cheshire* Sorry, no William or Rose Caulfield on the name index. However, when I get chance, I will check the actual address you have given, on the actual census .. and I will contact you direct with the results. Elaine :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jan 2005 23:18

* Karen Johnson* Sorry again, no Thomas Staton or Edwin/Emma/Caroline on the name index. Elaine :-)

Ann ♣

Ann ♣ Report 9 Jan 2005 23:20

Elaine Thank you for trying regards Ann

Ted

Ted Report 10 Jan 2005 10:34

Elaine, hi. can you find a ROBT MORELY and wife ALICE MORLEY, somewhere in LANCS please. He would be 33 and she 36. I believe they were all born in the LPOOL and he was a flax dresser? something to do with rope I think. Thanks very much. TED.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 11:15

* Arnold Fletcher * Fletcher family: They aren't showing up on the name index I'm afraid ... but if I get chance, I will check the address you have given, and get in touch with you direct with the results. Elaine :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 11:21

* Albert Lunt * Sorry, have checked both spellings that you give, under both Robert & Alice ... nothing on the index I'm afraid. Elaine :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 11:27

* Sandra Lewis * Hi Elaine,saw your thread and wondered if you could look for an Alexander Gordon (father) Alexander Gordon (son) son born c1834 Manchester so would be about 26, and Ann Jane Gordon (daug) born c1843 in Manchester so would be about 16,that I am afraid is all the info I have...Will look forward to hearing from you. Many thank's Sandra :-) Sorry Sandra, Only found one Alexr Gordon - who was 25 and living in Chorlton ... no other family with him, he was a lodger I assume. No Ann Gordon of correct age. Elaine :-)

Karen

Karen Report 10 Jan 2005 15:24

Never mind Elaine. Thank you for looking anyway - much appreciated, Karen

Juliana

Juliana Report 10 Jan 2005 15:31

Hiya, do u know if stockport comes under lancs?? on the census they all show, stockport, cheshire/lancs! x

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 15:35

* Ann Threadgill * Sorry Ann, There are NO Pimlett's on the Name Index at all ... hopefully they should all appear at the next update (when ever that may be) I'll put message out when its updated. Elaine :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 15:38

* Juliana Martin * Stockport should come under Cheshire ...its not on the 1861 for Lancashire anyway. Elaine :-)

Juliana

Juliana Report 10 Jan 2005 15:39

thanks elaine x

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 16:04

* Ann Threadgill * There isn't a Sessions Rd listed under Liverpool in 1861 ... are you sure its Liverpool ? Elaine :-) JUST checked all Lancashire ...sorry --- NO Sessions Road at all showing.

~*~ Mo

~*~ Mo Report 10 Jan 2005 16:08

Hi Elaine Sorry about this. But I had Relatives in Lancs Holmes Green and Pennington. But I have no idea where it is, To start looking. Any Ideas. Henry Wilkinson no info for ? Betsy son William Wilkinson 36 on 1871 b Pennington Wife Ruth 38 " " b Holmes Green son William 13 on 1871 b Dalton in Furness Lancs Any Ideas Maureen

Cath.

Cath. Report 10 Jan 2005 16:21

Hi Elaine, you were kind enough to find some Johns(t)ons for me last year. I'm now on the trail of Francis Johns(t)on - a joiner- born c1835/6. He was married at the cathedrall in 1864 so I guess he was living in the centre of M/cr. somewhere. Any help very gratefully received. Cath.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 16:33

* Maureen Vickers * At last !!! Wilkinson Willilam 26 Ulverstone, Dalton 3171 97b Wilkinson Ruth 28 Ulverstone, Dalton 3171 97b Wilkinson Elizabeth 5 Ulverstone, Dalton 3171 97b Wilkinson William H 3 Ulverstone, Dalton 3171 97b Wilkinson Alice 1 Ulverstone, Dalton 3171 97b I'll chech for the address later ..cos little lad just coming in from school (footy practice ) Elaine :-)