Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death 1891-1901 Sussex

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 13 Dec 2004 15:01

Can anybody help with finding the death of James FUNNELL born 1811 Ticehurst always lived in Ticehurst 1891 in Ticehurst age 79 Not on BMD at present. Thanks very much for your time. Christine

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 15:12

Nothing on ancestry either, I'm afraid, so it looks like you'll have to search 1837! Lou

Paul

Paul Report 13 Dec 2004 20:41

Hi Lou Thanks very much for trying. Regards Chris

Crista

Crista Report 13 Dec 2004 20:47

Paul, You can try here: http://images.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/choose.pl Crista

Paul

Paul Report 13 Dec 2004 22:20

Thanks Crista will try. Chris ps It is abit daunting.

Jean

Jean Report 13 Dec 2004 22:27

Re the images on freebmd are there more on this than are entered on the site Jean

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 22:32

Do you know DEFINITELY that he was dead, or are you assuming this because you can't find him on the 1901 census? nell

Paul

Paul Report 13 Dec 2004 22:35

Hi Helen Honest answer no I do't ,but he would be 89. Perhaps he is mistranscribed.I will try again. Regards Chris

Butterfly60

Butterfly60 Report 21 Aug 2012 22:16

I found on Ancestry a James Funnell who was born abt 1914 and died aged 78. Although registered death was Hastings in 1892 Vol 2b page 14. This could be the James you are looking for. Its the closest I have found for the dates you gave. If you have found more information already, sorry I bothered you. :-) Regards Linda Smith (Nee Funnell).

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Aug 2012 22:20

Linda

This was last looked at nearly 8 years ago, when freebmd was in its infancy...........and I don't think Paul uses the boards these days