Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth Look-Up 1837 Online in Portsea Hampshire Ple

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 31 Oct 2004 17:14

Dear Friends Please could some some kind person please do a look up for the birth of Frederick Hewitt from Portsea Hampshire. I think he was possibly born in 1866 and have looked on FreeBMD but this has not been transcribed as yet. Thanks very much for any help at all with this. Best wishes David

Paul

Paul Report 31 Oct 2004 17:35

Hi David, I have checked 1837online from December quarter 1865, through 1866 and March quarter 1867 with no trace of Frederick HEWITT born Portsea. Paul

Diane

Diane Report 31 Oct 2004 17:36

David I looked at 1866 and only found this. Frederick Manchester 8d 175 " Norwich 4b 156 " Kings N 6c 477 " Coventry 6d 477 All in March Frederick Worksop 7b 30 in June " Warrington 8c 124 in Dec Regards Diane.

Tiamo

Tiamo Report 31 Oct 2004 17:49

Ancestry is showing a Frederick W Hewitt on 1871 census with birthplace Portsea Hampshire born 1865 so perhaps someone could check 1st 3 qrts of 1865 if you think this could be him.

David

David Report 31 Oct 2004 17:54

May I say thank you to everybody who have tried to help me with this query. I found Frederick W Hewitt on the 1871 census for Portsea Porstmouth on Ancestry and he was then aged six (6). I know that the birth ages can be wrongly written or not even correct on these census forms sometimes. I have been looking to find him for some time now and thought that I had got a definite clue so that I could send for his certificate but I expect he will turn up eventually. Thank you all again for this fantastic help. With best wishes David

Tiamo

Tiamo Report 31 Oct 2004 17:55

Hi, why are you discounting the guy on 1871?

David

David Report 31 Oct 2004 18:01

Hi Tricia Sorry, I think I must have mislead you regarding 1871. This is definitely him but would dearly love to get the actual info to be able to order the certificate. Thanks again for all your help. Regards David

Tiamo

Tiamo Report 31 Oct 2004 18:04

Why not ask Paul or Tilda if they can check 1st 3 qrts of 1865. From what I understand Paul only only checked from Dec onwards. Tricia

David

David Report 31 Oct 2004 18:24

Just a quick update to say thanks to you all once again for this brilliant help on Frederick Hewitt. I am amazed by the kindness of those people who give their help on GenesReunited and dont know how we would all manage without this assistance. Best wishes David

David

David Report 31 Oct 2004 19:06

Many thanks to Paul, Diane, Tilda & Tricia for all your help with my question regarding Frederick Hewitt. Would anybody have any more sugestions as to what I could do next to solve this mystery please? Would any of the places given be near to the Portsea area please? Regards. David

Paul

Paul Report 31 Oct 2004 19:20

Hi David, I would suggest that the Isle of Wight entry is the closest. Paul

David

David Report 31 Oct 2004 19:25

Thanks paul I am not too good on the geography. Regards David

Jane

Jane Report 6 Apr 2013 19:10

I probably have Frederick Hewitt in my tree, as my husbands family were Hewitts,