Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Willing to do 1871, 1891 and 1901 Lookups at Ances

Page 0 + 1 of 8

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 12 Oct 2004 14:32

Please give me as much info as you have!

Margaret

Margaret Report 12 Oct 2004 16:27

I'm sorry Dawn, I've looked through loads but haven't found them. I will keep trying.

Ploughman14

Ploughman14 Report 12 Oct 2004 21:01

Hi Could you try 1891 Census for Sussex for me please. I am trying to find a Walter Martin age 43 with wife Eliza and children including Samuel, George, and Clara. Most of these would have been born in Staffordshire.

John

John Report 12 Oct 2004 21:29

Margaret - Thank you so much for this information on the WILLIAMSON families of Workington. I am not sure at this stage if any of these are my great-grandparents, is there anything you can look at such as a births register to see if either of these families had a son, Robert, born in 1904. If so I am sure this will be them. Robert then went on to have a son, Brian, born in Workington c1933-1935. If any of this could be found it would be excellent for me. Thanks again. John.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2004 22:08

Thanks Margaret Can you possibly have a look on the 1901 to see what you can find on a Samuel and Hilda Bibb. They married in 1899 in Salford but may still be in that area or in the Denton/Hyde/Ashton under Lyne area by that point. thanks

Katherine

Katherine Report 12 Oct 2004 22:19

hi margaret could you look up alfred robottom living in 25 laxey road birmingham in 1891 with his wife hannah,and possibly two daughters ada and lizzie. thank you

Ann

Ann Report 12 Oct 2004 22:21

Margaret Hi Can you please do me a 1891 look up please. Clara Long nee Fitzsimons Born 1858 in Manchester. Father James Fitzsimons (Fitzsimon or Fitzsimmons) different on all Census (1871 & 81) Louis Fitzsimons Born 1873 in Manchester. These 2 relations do not appear on the 1901 census. I would love to know where they have gone. Hope you can help. Ann

Avril

Avril Report 12 Oct 2004 22:48

1871 census please for MARY COMBEN BORN 1869 HOPING TO FIND THE PARENTS porland dorsetl THANKYOU AVRIL

Ken

Ken Report 12 Oct 2004 22:59

HI MARGARET CAN YOU LOOK UP THE 1891 CENSUS DEVON FOR HARRY BUNNEY BORN BET 1879 1880 THANKS KEN BUNNEY

Poolie Girl

Poolie Girl Report 12 Oct 2004 23:20

Hi Margaret Would you please look in 1871 census for the family of Davis Oram aged 9 born Rothwell, Northants. Many thanks Beth :)

Katherine

Katherine Report 12 Oct 2004 23:22

Hi Margaret I'm trying to trace a Sarah Ann Smithson on the 1871 Census - she was born in Sheffield c1868. She went on to marry Frederick Bingley Duce. I would be very grateful for any help as I have hit a brick wall with her. Many thanks Kate Knowles

Darzet Dumpling

Darzet Dumpling Report 13 Oct 2004 00:00

Hi Margaret I'd be grateful if you could look on the 1871 census for William Watkins of Ashwater, Devon. He had a son called John who was born in 1865 Unfortunately i haven't any info on him or his wife. many thanks

Susan

Susan Report 13 Oct 2004 08:45

Margaret. Thanks for your offer of lookups. May I ask you to look for Samuel Kerr and wife Ruth 1891 and 1901. Samuel b1862 in Cumberland. Ruth b 1861 Cockermouth Cumberland. Children William, Mary, Margaret Addie, Isabella, Archibald Armstrong, Ruth and Annie. In 1891 living in Cockermouth and in 1901 living in Gateshead. If possible looking for Samuel in 1871 before his marriage maybe living in Macclesfield. His parents Samuel and Bethin Kerr. Many thanks. Regards Sue.

Bryan

Bryan Report 13 Oct 2004 09:39

Hi Margaret Can you possibly have a look on the 1871 census to see who else live there at the time? My great grandfather, Robert Marshall, born 1863, his parents were John Marshall (1816? of Ireland) he was as a mason, and Janet (nee McNaughtan) of 1832? of Rothesay. they live at the time was at 79 High Street, Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Scotland. Any help, very much appreciated. Thank you. Bryan

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Oct 2004 09:51

Hi Lynne, these are the only George Groves in Kent. The sixteen year old was the closest. I've put his family at the bottom for you just in case. 1871 England Census George Groves 40 East Grinstead, Sussex, England Head Brenchley Kent George Groves 16 Brenchley, Kent, England Son Brenchley Kent George Groves 38 Kensington Head Bromley Kent George Groves 6 Crettingham, Suffolk, England Son Dartford Kent George Groves 19 Kittle, Essex, England Dover Kent George Groves 36 Leigh, Kent, England Lodger Leigh Kent George Groves 43 Stockport, Worcestershire, England Head Minster Kent George Groves 28 Kingston, Surrey, England St Mary Kent George Groves 41 East Peckham, Kent, England Head Bermondsey London George Groves 12 Greenwich, Kent, England Greenwich London George Groves 62 Leybourne, Kent, England Father-in-law St Luke London George A Groves 13 East Preston, Sussex, England Son East Preston Kent George W Groves 8 Dover, Kent, England Son Minster Kent John George Groves 41 East Peckham, Kent, England Head East Peckham Kent 1871 England Census Ann Groves 36 Brenchley, Kent, England Wife Brenchley Kent George Groves 40 East Grinstead, Sussex, England Head Brenchley Kent George Groves 16 Brenchley, Kent, England Son Brenchley Kent

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Oct 2004 10:00

Hello Barbara Unfortunately no luck with Job at all in the census returns. Elijah in 1901 is below:- 1891 England Census Woodall, Alfred 13 Birmingham, Warwickshire Son Birmingham Warwickshire Occupation: Lantern maker Woodall, Ann 34 London Wife Birmingham Warwickshire Woodall, Annie 4 Birmingham, Warwickshire Daughter Birmingham Warwickshire Woodall, Charles 2 Birmingham, Warwickshire Son Birmingham Warwickshire Woodall, Elijah 38 Birmingham, Warwickshire Head Birmingham Warwickshire Occupation : tube labourer Woodall, Elizabeth 9 Birmingham, Warwickshire Daughter Birmingham Warwickshire Woodall, Frederick 5/12 Birmingham, Warwickshire Son Birmingham Warwickshire

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Oct 2004 10:03

Hi Anthony 1891 England Census Martin, Eliza 39 Rugby, Warwickshire Wife Lyminster Sussex Martin, George 7 Brookhouse, Staffordshire Son Lyminster Sussex Martin, Samuel 8 Brookhouse, Staffordshire Son Lyminster Sussex Martin, Walter 43 Brookhouse, Staffordshire Head Lyminster Sussex Occupation: Carpenter

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Oct 2004 10:11

Hi John Workington comes under Cockermouth in the Civil Registration index, these are the closest births I could find. England and Wales, Civil Registration Index: 1837-1983 WILLIAMSON, Robert 1843 September Cockermouth Cumbria Cumberland 25 97 Williamson, Robert 1893 September Cockermouth Cumbria Cumberland 10b 614 Williamson, Robert 1900 September Cockermouth Cumbria Cumberland 10b 648 Williamson, Robert 1906 March Cockermouth Cumbria Cumberland 10b 666 Williamson, Robert Edwin H 1903 June Cockermouth Cumbria Cumberland 10b 673

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Oct 2004 10:18

Hi Alyson 1901 England Census Hilda M Bibb 25 Manchester, Lancashire, England Wife Kings Norton Worcestershire Samuel Bibb 26 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Head Kings Norton Worcestershire Occupation: Brassfounders traveller? John H Field 68 Coltishall, Norfolk, England Visitor Kings Norton Worcestershire Jenny Sanders 15 Alvechurch, Worcestershire, England Servant Kings Norton Worcestershire I also found on the same page some more Bibbs that might be of interest to you:- 1901 England Census Bertha Bibb 27 Manchester, Lancashire, England Wife Kings Norton Worcestershire James A Bibb 29 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Head Kings Norton Worcestershire Occupation: Brass founders clerk

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Oct 2004 10:25

Hi Kevin the only Hannah Seaborne in 1901 was spelt as Seabourne see below:- Hannah Seabourne 55 Michaelchurch Escley, Herefordshire, England Head Peterchurch Herefordshire In 1891 England Census this must be the woman you're searching for and her family:- Seaborne, Hannah 45 Wife Vowchurch Herefordshire Seaborne, Aggie 8 Daughter Vowchurch Herefordshire Seaborne, AlgivA 11 Daughter Vowchurch Herefordshire Seaborne, Celia 16 Daughter Vowchurch Herefordshire Seaborne, George 18 Son Vowchurch Herefordshire Seaborne, Isaac 10 Son Vowchurch Herefordshire Seaborne, John 83 Head Vowchurch Herefordshire Seaborne, Sylvia 16 Daughter Vowchurch Herefordshire And in 1871 England Census Christianna Seaborne 9 months Vowchurch, Herefordshire, England Daughter Vowchurch Herefordshire Hannah Seaborne 25 St Margrets, Herefordshire, England Wife Vowchurch Herefordshire Hannah Seaborne 6 Vowchurch, Herefordshire, England Daughter Vowchurch Herefordshire Jessy Seaborne 13 Vowchurch, Herefordshire, England Daughter Vowchurch Herefordshire John Seaborne 63 Vowchurch, Herefordshire, England Head Vowchurch Herefordshire Thomas Seaborne 19 Vowchurch, Herefordshire, England Son Vowchurch Herefordshire