Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Halted temporarily due to more census' being found

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laurie

Laurie Report 7 Aug 2004 12:47

Hi, I've started a separate thread for 1851 so that I can do them all together instead of keep switching census'. Areas covered are Antrim, Ireland. Scotland, Wales and England. Please note I really need the area in the county where they would be living at the time to search. Places of birth are needed if possible just for elimination. The more info the better. Also I only have partial indexes so it can be hit and miss. I cant search by addresses or folio numbers. Laurie

Laurie

Laurie Report 7 Aug 2004 13:08

Hi Deb, Do you know what county and area if possible they'd be living in? Laurie

KM1978

KM1978 Report 7 Aug 2004 13:18

hi could you please look up william cook bn 1840ish in walsall,staffs thanks alot for your time

Laurie

Laurie Report 7 Aug 2004 13:29

Hi Kelly, Where would he be living in 1851? Laurie

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Aug 2004 13:35

Hi Laurie, You will be absolutely inundated with this thread !! from folks who just don't know where rellies could have dissappeared to in 1851 !! like me ! Searching for James Shawcross born 1825/26 in Manchester? ... in 1841 he was 15 so in 1851 he would be 25 (maybe 26) and I believe he would have stayed in Lancashire. Hope this is enough for you to search with ...? Thanking you so much Elaine :-)

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 7 Aug 2004 13:48

Hi Laurie please could you look for me for a Miriam TREVERTON aged about 10 and her father John TREVERTON. In Aberdare, in Glamorgan...thanks very much for your offer and your time Helen

Shannette

Shannette Report 7 Aug 2004 14:05

Please can you look for Elijah Palfreyman and his wife Margaret.He was born in 1799 in Birkenhead. I don't have her date of birth but they married in Manchester .Their children were Elijah born 1827 in Birkenhead William born 1834 in Birkenhead Charles born 1830 in Liverpool Harriet born 1831 in Liverpool and Mary Ann born 1837 in Birkenhead. The surname is sometimes spelt Palfryman or Palfreeman or any variation!!Thanks.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 7 Aug 2004 14:15

Hi Laurie, Could you see if you can find Michael Parfett, born (c)1792 for me please? He died in 1852 in Portsea, Hampshire so I`m presuming he was there in 1851; I know he wasn`t in Hastings, which was his other favourite haunt! He should be with his wife Rebecca, born (c)1794 in Portsea. I`m not sure where he was born I`m afraid, but there`s a chance it may have been Wiltshire. Many thanks Rebecca

Laurie

Laurie Report 7 Aug 2004 14:26

Hi Elaine, So far nothing, there are Shawcross' in Lancs but where I don't know. I've looked in Salford, Ancoats, Hulme and London Rd, Manchester. If I don't get back to you by 4pm will get back to you on Monday as I'm in Oxford all day tomorrow. If you have any idea where he could be let me know. Laurie

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Aug 2004 14:56

Hi Laurie Would it be possible to look for two families for me The first is in newington surrey William Dudley age 40 b Sheerness carpenter Elizabeth Dudley age 34 b Algate George Dudley age 2 b Newington Many be a baby Alice or Elizabeth Dudley b Newinton The second Mere Wiltshire Charles Welch age 65 b Mere (possible pensioner 75th Foot regiment and may be blind) Martha Welch age 55 William Welch age 8 John Welch age 5 Could be other older siblings may be living at 105 Wellhead. Would be very grateful for any information on either of these families. many thanks Maureen

Esta

Esta Report 7 Aug 2004 15:00

HI Laurie, I was wonderinf if you can find the following people for me. Alfred Williams b.1843 St Lukes he would be about 8 living in the St Lukes / Shoreditch / Bethnal green area Rebecca Mor(e)ton b.1841 Shoreditch so would be about 10 living the Shoreditch / Bethnal Green area I hope this is enough information. Esta

Laurie

Laurie Report 7 Aug 2004 15:27

Hi Deb, There are no Sayers in Derbyshire or Hallfords in Staffs but there are Townsends in those Counties so will have a look for you now. Laurie

Laurie

Laurie Report 7 Aug 2004 15:36

Hi Deb, Sorry no good. Don't have Barnsley and no sign of her in Mickleton. Laurie

Laurie

Laurie Report 7 Aug 2004 15:39

Hi Helen, Sorry nothing for Treverton in Glamorgan. Laurie

Tracy

Tracy Report 7 Aug 2004 16:41

Hi Laurie Im looking for: John Randall B: 1792 Marston Moretaine, Bedford James Randall B: 1794 Marston Moretaine Bedford Richard Randall B: 1812 Marston Moretaine Bedford John Randall B: 1820 Marston Moretaine Bedford Susanna Randall B: 1834 Marston Moretaine Bedford They may well be still in the same villiage of Marston Moretaine (marston) Bedford, or one of the surrounding villiages but within Bedford. Thanks for your kind offer Tracey

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Report 7 Aug 2004 19:21

Hi Laurie Could you look up these people who should be in Congleton area (possibly Buglawton) John Tomlinson born Gillow Heath, Biddulph, Staffs c 1803 and his household. His wife is probably Elizabeth (Betty) Samuel Goodall probably born Congleton c 1815 and his household. His wife is probably Ann Ruth. Thank you for the offer Bronwyn

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 7 Aug 2004 20:06

Hi Laurie once again thanks very much for your time and trouble Helen

Chris

Chris Report 7 Aug 2004 20:19

Hi Laurie, I am looking for William Franklin Bartlett born in Cowley, Middlesex about 1845, parents are Henry & Lucy Bartlett. Possibly still in Cowley in 1851. Many thanks Chris Barrett

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Aug 2004 20:22

THANK YOU for looking Laurie, Don't worry about my Shawcross's ... they are elusive lot anyway ... I thought mine would be a tall order .. but if you don't ask you don't get. Really appreciate you looking. THANKS Elaine :-)

Lesley

Lesley Report 7 Aug 2004 22:45

Hi Laurie Many thanks for the offer. Can you please try and find an Edwin Marten or Martin for me in Sussex. Edwin's a gas fitter and has a son James, who should be aged about 13 in 1851. I would really appreciate any help you can give. Regards Lesley