Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have 1831 census returns for Hackney(index ) - s

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Esta

Esta Report 4 Aug 2004 14:27

Esta

Esta Report 4 Aug 2004 14:28

Hackney 1831 person index 1831 census - parish returns of St John at Hackney on or about 30th of May 1831 Arranged in alphabetical order of surname or institution. At the time only the heads of households were recorded. .......................................................................................... Hackney street directory of 1831 arranged in alphabetical order of place or street name. Although only the heads of households are named there was a note taken of other occupations within the house. If I can be of help to anyone I will do look-ups but you will need to give me a name or address Esta x

Barbara

Barbara Report 4 Aug 2004 14:38

Esta Would you see if you have any record of any families with the surname Yell or Madell in the census. Many thanks Barbara

Esta

Esta Report 4 Aug 2004 14:52

Hi Zoe No LINKSON or BARTRAM in the name index - sorry Esta :)

Esta

Esta Report 4 Aug 2004 14:58

Hi Barbara YELL. J - Crescent cottages, Cambridge Heath ( No 9) Occupation : Gentleman. MADELL. FRANCIS - Baxters Court, Hackney Church Street. Occupation : 1 - Shoemaker MADELL. NATHANIEL - Orchard Street, Well Street. Occupation : 1 - Plumber Hope this helps Esta :)

Barbara

Barbara Report 4 Aug 2004 15:26

Esta Many thanks - I like the description "gentleman" but dont think it applies to my Yell!!!. The Madells are useful though. Cheers Barbara

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 4 Aug 2004 15:47

Hi Esta thank you for this offer is there a James Butler ora James Parker listed at all thanking you Margaret

Esta

Esta Report 4 Aug 2004 16:06

Hi Margaret BUTLER. JAMES - Matthias Street, Kingsland ( No 14 ) Occupation : 1- carman PARKER. JAMES - Homerton Terrace, Morning Lane Occupation : 1 - Agent ( there are 12 other parkers in the index ! ) Esta :)

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 4 Aug 2004 17:00

Esta, Could you possibly look for TUCKER for me? Regards Viv.

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 4 Aug 2004 17:32

Hi Esta thank you very much did you mean there 12 other James Parker's on the list thank you Margaret

Esta

Esta Report 4 Aug 2004 18:19

Hi Margaret, No sorry i just ment there were 12 people with the surname parker. Esta

Esta

Esta Report 4 Aug 2004 18:33

Hi Viv Here are all the Tuckers in the index Tucker, Isaac... George Place, Stamford Hill Road - Occupation 1 labourer Tucker, J... Crescent Cottages, Cambridge Heath ( No 3) occupation 1 clicker Tucker, Sarah...High Street, Stoke Newington occupation 1 in unspecified trade Tucker, William...Rhodes Field, Mt Pleasant Lane, Up Clptn Occupation 1 brickmaker Tucker, William Owen Claremont Cottages, S N Rd Shacklewell ( No 1 ) Occupation 1 solicitor Hope this helps Esta

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 4 Aug 2004 18:37

thanks Esta Margaret

Esta

Esta Report 4 Aug 2004 18:44

Hi June The only Hockleys are S. HOCKLEY and WILLIAM HOCKLEY The only Vincents are JOHN VINCENT....ELIZABETH VINCENT...J.VINCENT There is a William VINCE ! No Tewes Gobener or Henry and Elizabeth SCWARMANN/SWARMAN If you need the details on the above - let me know !...you have to remember that the above names are the head of households only. Hope this helps Esta

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 4 Aug 2004 19:11

Hi Esta, thanks for your kind offer. Could you have a look for HINTON, Job or Thomas, occupation brushmaker SUTHERBY/SOUTHERBY, possibly Daniel, occupation plasterer. Many thanks Kathy

Esta

Esta Report 4 Aug 2004 19:22

Hi Kathy Sorry looked for all 3 names but they're not in the index Esta :)

Hazel

Hazel Report 4 Aug 2004 20:10

Hello Esta, May I bother you to look up GOALEN (any) and William MOORE please? Thanks in advance, Hazel

Shan

Shan Report 4 Aug 2004 20:15

Esta, what a diamond, can i trouble you for Bunyan, hennessey, or Fuzzey, if that's not being too greedy with thanks Shan

Judith

Judith Report 4 Aug 2004 20:23

Hello Esta, If you're not too snowed under with look ups could you see if there are any JUDKINS listed? Gratefully Judith

Esta

Esta Report 4 Aug 2004 21:43

Hi hazel, There is a W MOORE which could be William - it is presumed that all heads of households are male unless stated otherwise. Lea Bridge Road - occupation 1 Labourer No GOALEN - sorry Hope this helps Esta