Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Still stuck with my lot so very happy to do census

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 13 Jul 2004 16:01

Really stuck with my lot until someone gets Bucks 1861 out on Cd .I have full UK Ancestry subscription and Oxfordshire censuses 1841/51/61 and the index for Oxon 1871. Very happy to do lookups for all these. Mary

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 13 Jul 2004 17:09

Hi Mary. This is probably too early for your records, but would there be anything please (birth) for Louisa De Jongh, most likely born around 1807, in Warrington, Lancashire. She married Thomas Lee on 30-Mar-1826 in Warrington. Thank you very much, Lisa.

Mary

Mary Report 13 Jul 2004 19:02

Hi Lisa J Sorry nothing on Ancestry but found a Louisa Dejong or Dyongh christened on 8 Sept 1802 At St Peters Manchester on the IGI on LDS site. Any good? Regards Mary

Frances

Frances Report 13 Jul 2004 19:09

Hi Mary I don't know if you are able to help but I am looking for the Webb famiy in Woodstock Oxon George Webb b1810 Woodstock his wife Mary Webb b1805 Combe and children Emma, Eliza and Humphrey all I think born in Woodstock although christened in Combe. Wondered if the 1841 census would give me any additional info. By 1851 they were all living in Leeds Yorks. Thank you very much Frances

Shan

Shan Report 13 Jul 2004 19:10

Hi with a name like that i'd go for it lol Shan

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 13 Jul 2004 19:24

Hi Mary. I don't know anything about Louisa's family so I'm not positive that the one on the IGI is her. But thank you for looking there, and of course for looking on Ancestry. Hope you get "unstuck" soon. :~) PS Shan, were you talking about my Louisa? Odd name, eh? I've never tried researching her line; imagine I would either go really, really far or no where at all. :~)

Gigi

Gigi Report 13 Jul 2004 20:31

Hello again Mary, Thanks for the offer! Could you please lookup 1891: John Goulden b1854 Howden Yorkshire, Boot & shoe maker/shopkeeper, Elizabeth Goulden b1860 Balne/Pollington Yorkshire, wife. Living in Howden, Yorkshire. Thanks again, Gillian

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 13 Jul 2004 21:53

HI, Do you have access to the parish registry on ancestry? If so I am looking for a couple of marriages. Eliza Baker and John Johnson first child born 1867 swanscombe. think they were from Eynsford/Horton Kirby area of Kent. Also a marriage between Thomas Baker and Hannah Bliss Think they are the parents of Eliza Baker. Eliza was born about 1843/5 all from the same area. If you can help me with any of these., or indeed any of their baptisms. Thanks Gloria

Mary

Mary Report 13 Jul 2004 23:29

Frances Sorry I could not find the Webb family in Woodstock.Almost 50% of the pages are illegible so could have been on one of those pages.I think that even had I found them you would not have gained any more useful info as the 1841 only has name age occupationand whether born in the county,so by the 1851 you have more useful info. Regards mary

Marlene

Marlene Report 14 Jul 2004 05:51

H Mary Thanks very much for the offer. 1891 I am seeking Harriet Picknell who married John William Fairy in 1902. The only Harriet Picknell I can see on 1901 is 15 and born in Fittleworth West Sussex. I thought that if I could find her in 1891 it might give me some further clues! Especiallly as to whether her age is right. Very grateful Marlene

Frances

Frances Report 14 Jul 2004 07:43

Mary Thank you for looking anywayand I guess you are right that it probably wouldn't tell me anything new. As you are on ancestry perhaps you could solve a puzzle for me . I went on it on a pay per view basis as I noticed Yorkshire was included on the 1871 census but have been unable to find anyone in Leeds. Does Leeds come under something different like West Yorkshire and therefore isn't included yet? Thanks again for the search Regards Frances

Mary

Mary Report 14 Jul 2004 17:42

Hi Gloria There are only limited parish records on Ancestry and none relevant to your area of interest.Sorry. Regards Mary

George

George Report 14 Jul 2004 17:48

Need Ancestry lookup Am seeking in 1871 Lancs, a Annie Baxter (b 1860) aged about 11yrs, born Rochdale, living either in an orphanage or with relatives. Also her brother Richard Baxter (b 1863) aged c8yrs living either in an orphanage or with relatives. Their parents were dead by 1871. Thank you George

Debra

Debra Report 14 Jul 2004 18:03

Do you have access to marriages in Norfolk approx 1864 or round about. The names are Stephen Langford and Alis or Alice Marsters/Masters they lived in had their family in Ringstead but not sure where they married.According to census records they had been born in Ringstead.

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jul 2004 18:31

Hello Mary Sorry to hear you're stuck again:) Would you mind having a look on the ancestry censuses for Amy Rolfe born 1825 Newbury please. She was a spinster and her age is a bit out on th 1881 but I'd really like to know what other addresses she lived at, if she had any profession and if she ever had any relations living with her. Thanks very much David

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 14 Jul 2004 21:05

Okay thanks any way. Its good of you to offer. Gloria

Barbara

Barbara Report 14 Jul 2004 21:57

Hi Mary, Thanks for your kind offer of lookup. I'm looking for a baptism of an elusive ancestor James FIELDING b. 1780 approx. Heywood area of Lancs. His 4 children b. 1801-1811 were baptised at St. Luke, Heywood. Would you be able to check Ancestry, etc. to dig him out? With very best wishes, Babs.

Georgina

Georgina Report 14 Jul 2004 23:44

Hi Mary, I don't know if you can help me at all. I have a family of Lacey in Tylers Green, Bucks on 1851 census. The whole family have birth as Wycombe. Henry Lacey, 30, Mary 32, James 9, Isaac 8, Jesse 6, Charlotte 4, Henry 2 and Ellen 11m. I could not find them in 1881 although I know where Charlotte was as I knew her married name. Someone has looked for me on 1871 and 1891 but although she found correct names, ages did not add up. I know that the borders of Oxon and Bucks changed at certain times. If you have any spare time could you have a look for the name Lacey. The whole family seem to have disappeared. Someone suggested that they may have emigrated but our family are not the adventurous type. Any help appreciated. Georgina

Zena

Zena Report 15 Jul 2004 11:42

Hi Constance Could you please lookup in the 1881 census for Leeds & Devon (East Stonehouse & Stoke D) for a Frank Joy B 1850 Godstone Surrey. If you have 1911 census, could you look for Frank Joy. All I have is Frank Joy b Godstone Surrey age 21 from the 1871 census living with his mother Elizabeth Taylor and step brother John Robert Taylor at 16 Battery St East Stonehouse Devon. 1881 census Frank Joy was not living with the above now living at 16 Drysdale Rd Woolwich Kent. Many thanks Zena

Mary

Mary Report 15 Jul 2004 12:30

Dorothy 1841 is not on Ancestry.Sorry. Mary