Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Willing to look up Ancestry 1871, 1891 & 1901 Cens

Page 0 + 1 of 18

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eames

Eames Report 9 Apr 2004 18:48

See below for list of Area - remember, it's far from complete and constantly being added. Now will help newly added 1901 census

Eames

Eames Report 9 Apr 2004 18:48

1871 UK (partial) Bedfordshire Berkshire Cambridgeshire Herefordshire Huntingdonshire London Middlesex Shropshire Worcestershire Yorkshire WALES (partial) Anglesey Caernarvonshire Cardiganshire Carmarthenshire Merionethshire Pembrokeshire CHANNEL ISLANDS (complete) Alderney Guernsey Jersey Sark ISLE OF MAN (complete) [Douglas] Conchan Maughold [Peel] German Michael Andreas Jurby Patrick Arbory Lezayre Rushden Ballaugh Lonan St Anne Braddan Malew Vessels Bride Marown 1891 England (complete) Wales (complete) Channel Islands (complete) Isle Of Man (complete) 1901 (partial) Berkshire Hampshire Kent London Surrey Sussex Remember it's on going project for both census.

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 9 Apr 2004 19:33

hi tracy, many thanks for your offer. could you look up john lamb aged 38 [a farmer] and his wife selina [aged 32.] living in yorkshire. only children i know of are george [16] and eliza [1] they would be in the heckmondwike/ birstall area of west yorkshire. :) sue.ps if you have looked for this for me before, please try again, the wifes name was wrong on the census, i now have their wedd cert, she is selina, not elina, have spent 2 months looking for elina ! best wishes sue.

Eames

Eames Report 9 Apr 2004 20:51

Sue, Sorry cant find them there - Remember 1871 isnt that complete ! Susan, Tried the variants and of all Yorkshire - cant see them.. like I said 1871 isnt that complete Sorry both :( (maybe someone have better luck in finding them for you)

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 9 Apr 2004 21:01

many thanks anyway, still on an high from getting their w cert yesterday, and free . found it almost by accident in the parish records. just when i was thinking of getting a new hobby.......like housework, or ironing , or................ sue X

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 9 Apr 2004 21:21

thanks for trying will maybe have a trip up to nothallerton/richmond see if i can find parish records

Maureen

Maureen Report 9 Apr 2004 22:06

Hi Tracy Just asked some one to look up Thomas Oyston and Jane Oyston in Durham but not there.so hoping there might be in Yorkshire Thomas b 1833 and Jane 1835 Hope you can help regards Maureen

Eames

Eames Report 10 Apr 2004 11:15

Maureen, Do you know where they were born in? Tracy

Maureen

Maureen Report 10 Apr 2004 12:51

Sorry Tracy Thomas born Linthorpe Yrk and Jane born Aindeby Steeple Yks Regards Maureen

Eames

Eames Report 10 Apr 2004 18:50

Maureen, Sorry - I cant see them anywhere .. even used the first name only, but nothing .. remember that 1871 is far from complete! Tracy

Sue In Oz

Sue In Oz Report 10 Apr 2004 19:04

Hi Tracy,could you do a look up for Joseph Venus born 1837 in Maidstone Kent . Need to find any details on parents. I know he lived at church st.1 Falcon Court .London in the 1881 census. Thanks Sue

Eames

Eames Report 10 Apr 2004 19:11

Sue, Sorry.. he's not there in 1871, so seeing Kent isnt on Ancestry 1871 he might be still in Kent.. Best to ask someone who has 1871 Census for Kent :o) Tracy

Sue In Oz

Sue In Oz Report 10 Apr 2004 19:13

Thanks for trying Tracy. Have a good Easter Sue

Michelle

Michelle Report 10 Apr 2004 22:09

Hi Tracy, could you look for Thomas Kelly born in Pembroke Dock, would have been about 11 in 1871. Thank you. M.

Rose

Rose Report 10 Apr 2004 22:22

Hi Tracy, Thanks for your offer. I have hit a brick wall with my research into my Houghton side of the family so would be grateful to have any information on any William Henry HOUGHTON's or Henry HOUGHTON's on the 1871 Census born in either Bethnal Green or London area - ages 53-56 and 16-20. For 1891 any Henry HOUGHTON's born in London - age 36-40 Many thanks. Rose

Eames

Eames Report 11 Apr 2004 10:57

Sheila, Sorry - couldnt find any of these people - 1871 isnt that complete yet Morfydd, there are few Thomas Kellys, but not with the age you've stated Thomas Kelly 7 Freystrop, Pembrokeshire, Wales Son Freystrop Pembrokeshire Thomas Kelly 34 Ireland Head Herbrandston Pembrokeshire

Eames

Eames Report 11 Apr 2004 11:20

Rose, These are the Henry Houghton near to the age frame Susan H Hayes 58 Portugal Mother St John The Evangelist London Henry Edwin Houghton 20 London, England Head St John The Evangelist London Henry T Houghton 11 months London, England Son St John The Evangelist London Susan T Houghton 20 London, England Wife St John The Evangelist London Cant narrow it down without a bit more info - like their family.. their names etc . Do you know who they should be with?

Zoe

Zoe Report 11 Apr 2004 11:36

Hi Tracy, Thanks for you offer. It is much appreciated. Would you mind searching for a family named GOODRUM. They moved to Yorkshire from Norfolk sometime in the early 1870's. Names include William, Albert, George, Harriet Maria & they probably were in the Thornaby on Tees area of Yorkshire. Thanks Zoe, Wellington, NZ

Michelle

Michelle Report 11 Apr 2004 11:41

Thanks for looking for Thomas Kelly for me Tracy. I have him 1891 census at 30, so assumed he would have been 10/11 in 1871 born in Pembroke. M.

Eames

Eames Report 11 Apr 2004 11:42

Zoe, Sorry .. cant see them there - only those in 1891. I've tried the variant etc, nothing. T