Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 London Census plus Ancestry

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 12:52

See Below

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 12:53

Have census for London 1871. Searched by Address. Please give number of house if known, area and name of who you are looking for. If you have Page and folio number even better. Have partial name index also. Please give name rough age and area where you think they may be, and if you have it others in family. Also have Ancestry, which is searched by name, although not complete. Please give area. Lynda

Julie

Julie Report 28 Feb 2004 14:39

IS it the whole of london or are they still adding? i havent managed to find any of my lot that i know were there then.

Julie

Julie Report 28 Feb 2004 14:51

linda thanks for the offer, but its ok i have looked on there myself this morning, was just trying to figure if whats there is the end of it, maybe i will find them in a couple of days when they have added some more info marie- ann ancestry(.)co(.)uk, and go into uk census collection Julie

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Feb 2004 14:51

I found 2 families straight of that i cant find in 1891, what a result!! Definately worth the sub now!

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 15:39

Clare I have the 1871 census on disc, but couldn't find my family, but turned out to be in a road I hadn't looked at, just around the corner from where I had looked. Great when you find them isn't it? Lynda

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Feb 2004 15:41

Yes Lynda, im really chuffed, shame about the quality of the pages ive looked at though, is the disk the same?

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 15:57

Clare Some are better than others, if you have a problem reading one, send the details and I'll see if my discs are any better quality. Lynda

Annie in

Annie in Report 28 Feb 2004 17:34

Hi,Linda, Would you be kind enough to look for Jane Catherine McFarlane on the 1871? She would be about 21. Many thanks

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 17:50

Hi Diane On Ancestry there is a Jane Mcfarlane 16 years, who is an adopted daughter born Shoreditch. The name of the family is Gover. Any good? Lynda

Annie in

Annie in Report 28 Feb 2004 18:00

Lynda,I don;t know! the name Gover means nothing to me [yet!] but you can never tell! Thank you for looking

Rick

Rick Report 28 Feb 2004 18:09

Hi Lynda, Any chance you could look for Zilpah Truman and family for me please ? I can see there are two matches in the search results, but don't have access to look at them. Should be mother & daughter. Thanks, Rick.

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 18:23

Hi Gina There are 14 Casbards, what area, and who are you looking for? Lynda

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 18:40

Rick Where did you family get names like these? Can't be may of them about. Heres the details. George 38 Head can't read occupation, sorry b. Chelsea Zilpah wife 38 b. London Henrietta daughter 13 Zilpah daughter 11 Alice daughter 8 Ada daughter 5 Elizabeth daughter 2 All born Chelsea. Are you sure the name is Zilpah the Z could be an L Nice little 5 A side ladies footie team there eh We both did well today, but we are now 9 points ahead, just in case you hadn't heard! Lynda

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 18:49

Gina These are the Casbards below, looks like some could be yours. I am of out tonight and at work tomorrow, so cant do them until possibly tomorrow night. If nobody else offers to do them email me who you'd like and i'll do them tomorrow. CharlesCasbard 50 Clerkenwell, Middlesex, England Head St Luke London Eliza Casbard 1 Islington Daughter Islington St Michael London Elizabeth Casbard 49 Bromley By Bow Wife St Luke London Emma Casbard 16 St Luke, Middlesex, England Servant Hackney London George Casbard 35 Cripplegate Husband Islington St Michael London George Casbard 5 Islington Son Islington St Michael London Henry Casbard 10 Islington Son Islington St Michael London John Casbard 3 Islington Son Islington St Michael London John Casbard 16 Shoreditch, Middlesex, England Son St Luke London Mary Ann Casbard 35 Clerkenwell Wife Islington St Michael London Mary Ann Casbard 11 Clerkenwell Daughter Islington St Michael London Mary Winifred Casbard 72 St Luke, Middlesex, England Widow St Luke London Richard Casbard 14 St Luke, Middlesex, England Son St Luke London Willm Casbard 20 Shoreditch, Middlesex, England Nephew Bethnal Green London Lynda

Chris

Chris Report 28 Feb 2004 18:50

Hi Lynda, I've asked you before before but maybe with this new part on Ancestry I might be lucky too. Could you please look for the family of Richard Pegram b 4 Oct 1863 Stoke Newington London and Julia Mantle born 26 Jan 1865 Islington London. Thanks very much Lynda, Christine

Rick

Rick Report 28 Feb 2004 18:56

Hi Lynda, Thanks very much - you've come up trumps again ! Does it give you an address ? The good news for me is this probably means a whole lot of my missing ancestors are now in the index - might be bothering you for a few more lookups if you don't mind. Zilpah is a biblical name - a servant girl if I remember rightly. The family pass the name on for generation after generation although the spelling sometimes changes to Zilpha or Zelpha. I thought this was going to make tracing them back very easy until I found out that the older Zilpah's maiden name was Smith and her father was William !!! George was a confectioner and before that some sort of leather worker - does it look like either of those ? Sounds like Charlton gave you a run for your money in the last minutes. Pleased we picked up 3 points too. Can't see either us or ManU catching you now though. Off for beer and curry with my Arsenal and Newcastle mates now. Thanks again, Rick.

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 19:07

Rick Address is 34 New Road West? occupation Can only make out W?h???ster not much help eh? Can do more look ups, but out to a party tonight and at work tomorrow in Brighton, so won't be able to do anything until the evening. Enjoy your night. Lynda

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 28 Feb 2004 19:34

Hi Christine Nothing for Julia Mantle, but here is Richard Pegram Lived at 1 ???? cottage, Stoke Newington sorry but the name is unclear James Pegram 46 S??ker b Epping Mary Anne 43 b. Stapleford Alice Mary 15 daughter James 13 son Hannah Ellen 12 daughter George William 9 son All above born West Ham Richard 7 son Walter Harry son Above born Stoke Newington Hope this helps. Lynda

Chris

Chris Report 28 Feb 2004 21:24

Lynda, That's fantastic! I didn't have James' wife before - on the 1881 James was a stoker at the waterworks and they lived at New River Co Cottage. Richard age 7 is my ggrandfather. I just received an email from someone else and they have found my ggrandmother Julia Mantle - it was transcribed as Mautte so I'm a very happy girl! Christine