Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

available to do 1891,VRI,aus VRI and NBI lookups.

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Jan 2004 13:36

i have got the vri ,nbi ,australian vri and 1891 census.i am more than happy to do lookups for you if you need them susie

Jackie

Jackie Report 8 Jan 2004 14:04

Hello Susie Don't know if you can help me but I am trying to find out anything about a Harry Dudley Maslin. I have found Harry Maslins but no Harry Dudley. He would have been born around the end of the 1800s, probably Surrey, and was named on the birth certificate as the father of my father-in-law (deceased)However, one month later, his name and details were removed following a sworn declaration by him and the mother, and the mothers maiden name was inserted instead. As my father in law was adopted, it's becoming a nightmare to try and find any info on his blood family. Hope I haven't given you an impossible task with so little information. i'm clutching at straws at the minute. Thanking you in advance Jackie

Wiccan

Wiccan Report 8 Jan 2004 14:14

Susie Could you have a look and see if you can find a marriage of Edward Gilder to a Florence Ethel Joy, possible in Woolwich area or Plympton. Their son that I know of Aubrey Cecil Douglas Gilder was born 1908 in Plympton Devon, but don't know if there were other siblings before Many thanks Leigh

Jackie

Jackie Report 8 Jan 2004 15:25

Thanks anyway Susie. Could you let me have details on the Harry Maslin on 1891 census please if it's not too much trouble. My not even have really been the natural father!Wondering if she made up the Dudley middle name when the child was registered -named him James Dudley. Strangely, the next door neighbour of the adoptive family was called James Dudley(surname,so trying to explore a link here too) Gets stranger and stranger!Jackie

Gigi

Gigi Report 8 Jan 2004 15:46

Hi Susie, Could you please look up the buriel of Gibon Rammell. His death was registered in Totnes, Devon 1881 Dec. He was 43 when he died. I would like to know where he was buried. Thanks, Gillian

Wiccan

Wiccan Report 8 Jan 2004 16:07

Thanks for looking Susie Leigh

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Jan 2004 16:32

zoe there are 7 linksons on the aus vri.5 in victoria and 2 in western aus susie

Jackie

Jackie Report 8 Jan 2004 17:11

Thank you Susie. Two new ones there. You never know -may be a link Jackie

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 8 Jan 2004 17:15

Hi Susie, Could you give me any PERREN/PERRIN 's, or SAVAGE 's mentioned in the British VRI, if you have it. Thank you. Chloe

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Jan 2004 18:39

hi chloe what area are they in,cos there are over 4000 savages lol and over 1300 perrins on the births alone.lol susie

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Jan 2004 20:19

christine sorry,no georginas.there are 3 ediths but they were born in the 1880s.who were their parents susie

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Jan 2004 20:59

christine sorry,no marriage for georgina,theres no georgina recorded at all. susie

Anne

Anne Report 8 Jan 2004 21:06

Hi Susie I didn't even know there was an Australian VRI. I wonder if it contains an Oliver Coleman? He is supposed to have gone to Aust. sometime between 1881 and 1891 but I've no idea where to. He would have been 40 in 1890 and was born in Ampthill, Bedfordshire. Thank you. Anne

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Jan 2004 21:07

hi valerie happy new year to you and yours aswell lol i couldnt find a charles but i found an elizabeth.shes a bit older than the age you gave me though 5 sept 1841 elizabeth carnall age 41 sheffield st.pauls york w/r susie

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 8 Jan 2004 21:08

Hi Susie; Would it be possible to check the NBI for some deaths? This Cassidy family seems to have dropped off the face of the earth after 1906. Any help greatly appreciated. John Thomas Cassidy B1874 Ireland living Kent Strood 1901 John T Cassidy b1906 Strood Kent Rose Ellen Cassidy b1902 Strood Mary Elizabeth Cassidy b1900 Strood Frank Edwin Cassidy b1904 Strood I think I have found the mothers (Ruth) death in 1908. One of the daughters is believed to have died at the end of the first world war while caring for patients. I realise one or both of the daughters may have married but can't find that either so far. I am quite sure they didn't leave the country, but don't know where they were, thought I'd give the deaths a try. Thanks for your help. Teresa

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Jan 2004 21:27

ann the only oliver coleman i could find was born in 1888,sorry susie teresa there wernt any cassidys listed in kent,sorry susie

Anne

Anne Report 8 Jan 2004 21:33

Thanks very much for looking anyway. Anne

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 8 Jan 2004 21:33

Thanks for checking Susie. The hunt continues!

Colette

Colette Report 8 Jan 2004 21:47

Hi Susie Do you mind helping me i understand you are busy. Looking for the surname Hill in the Castor area of Northamptonshire as early as you go to about 1850. I am trying to establish the parents of a Samuel Hill born about 1805-07 maybe a John and Martha. Cheers Colette.

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Jan 2004 21:57

hi colette is this him.its the only samuel samuel hill b.6 jan 1806 islip northampton father william hill mother mary porter mothers father william porter mothers mother sally susie