Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 Census Yorkshire

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 29 Nov 2003 19:07

Does anybody out there have access to this census? I am interested in Louis/Lewis Playfoot born 1866/1867 Sigglesthorne. Father may have been John b1835(Bridlington) and mother Jane. Thanks. Janet

Chris

Chris Report 30 Nov 2003 13:00

Hi Janet This looks like your family in 1871 John Playfoot,Head age 35, Ag Lab Jane ,Wife age 36 George A ,Son age 10 John T ,Son age 9 Robert W , Son age 6 Louis ,Son age 4 Charles ,Son age 11 mon If you would like a copy of the page please e-mail me Chris

Terence

Terence Report 30 Nov 2003 13:16

Hi Chris Is it possible for you to take at look at John Blackburn born 1829 in Raskelf. His wife is Mary born 1832 in Helmsley. They were married in 1854 I have them on the 1881 census living in Leeds & 1891 in Bolsover and have their eldest child born as William in 1862. I think there may be some children who were born prior to William. Any info would be a great help. Many thanks Terry on the Rock.

Chris

Chris Report 30 Nov 2003 13:56

Hi Terry on the rock Had a look at Raskelf but your John wasn't there.Is his mum called Ann or Hannah as 2 Widows are living there. Ann age 89 and living with her is son William 53,Son Thomas 55 and Daughter in law Martha 47. Hannah is 62 and has her sons both born in Raskelf living with her George 29 and Frederick 22. Have you got an area in Leeds that can narrow the search down a bit There is 4 cd to look through for Leeds and will take me some time I'm afraid Chris

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 30 Nov 2003 14:06

Hi Chris wonder if you could keep a look out for my Samuel and Jane Stoneley in Yorkshire please,as Ive just thought on my Mum thought they were Yorkshire folk.and it could just be possible that they moved to Yorkshire,though not born there as my Mum thought. Many Thanks Kathleen

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 30 Nov 2003 14:06

Could I impose upon you to look up a Percy Wilkinon, Bradford, born in 1874? I have been trying to track down husband's great, great grandfather for yonks!

Chris

Chris Report 30 Nov 2003 14:17

Hi Kathleen No Problem.I'll keep a look out for them for you. Hi Evelyn I'd love to be able to help you, but as your Percy wasn't born until 1874 he wont be on the cd I have as thats for 1871. Hope I can help you some other time though Chris

Russell

Russell Report 30 Nov 2003 14:45

Hello Chris, Could you please look up a Joe Schofield (b 1850 in Emley) for me. I have just received his birth certificate and there is no father named and his mother was called Betty. On the 1881 census on the LDS site, he is listed as Joe Scholfield living at Emley Park with his wife Elizabeth and children. He did not get married until 1871 so he may be living with his parents/grandparents. On the 1881 and 1891 census' he is a farmer. Thankyou......Russell

JessyG

JessyG Report 30 Nov 2003 15:55

Hi Chris could you look up Thomas Harrop b1830 Mexborough and his family for me? Probs living in Sheffield. Cheers Jess

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 30 Nov 2003 15:55

Cheers Chris Kathleen

Janet

Janet Report 30 Nov 2003 16:56

Hi Chris, Thanks for the information. It certainly is my lot! Louis was giving me problems! Two very kind people have done me lookups on the 1881 and 1891 and he seems to have dropped out of the picture to make a reappearance in the 1901 census!! At least I now know that he 'belonged' to John and Jane!! Thanks again. Janet

Chris

Chris Report 30 Nov 2003 18:12

Hi Russell Bit of good and a bit of bad news.Found Joe but no mum or dad.Found a grandmother and a possible brother though.Got your e-mail so I will e-mail the Page so you can see for yourself. Good luck Chris

Russell

Russell Report 30 Nov 2003 18:18

Thanks Chris, I think his mother died in 1858, so I assumed he maybe living with grandparents. I will look forward to receiving your email. Thankyou very much Russell

Chris

Chris Report 30 Nov 2003 18:22

Hi Jess Could you possibly narrow the area down in Sheffield as there is 3 cd's to look at for Sheffield.Not to worry if you can't it's just going to take a while to search. Had a look in Mexborough just in case he had gone back there.He wasn't there but did find George Harrop head age 31,Wife Jane 29 and his son George age 4. George Harrop Head age 55,Wife Diana age 47 son Thomas 22,Daughter Emmeline age 18 and Niece Sarah Lewis age 7 Could one of them George's be your Thomas's brother.both were born in Mexborough Chris

JessyG

JessyG Report 1 Dec 2003 08:05

Hi Chris thanks for the find....those george's could possibly be related to the Harrop's i am searching for! The area in Sheffield i think could be Attercliffe cum Darnall! Thanks once again!

Christine

Christine Report 1 Dec 2003 08:29

could you help me for a look up on the 1871 cencus 'cause looked at the 1901 cencus on line for an address and it is'nt there its alfred and margaret pickles living at 289 southfield lane horton in bradford please chris

Chris

Chris Report 1 Dec 2003 11:25

Hi Christine Found them in 1871 at the same address Alfred,Head age 50 Margaret Wife age 62 Walter,son age 18 Wellington ,Son age 16 Elizabeth A ,Daughter age 14 Joshua, Son age 10. Alfred W, Son age 14 William,Son age 9 Fred ,Son age 7 Eli, Son age 6 months If you would like a copy of the page please e-mail me Chris

Chris

Chris Report 1 Dec 2003 13:14

Hi Jess This looks like your family Thomas Harrop,Head age 40,Boilerman in canal,Born Mexborough Elizabeth , Wife age 32, Born Nottinghamshire,Storton Richard, Son age 14, Born Nottingham,North Wheatley George, Son age 10, Born Sheffield Sarah A, Dau age 8 Born Sheffield Tom, Son age 4, Born Sheffield. James E , Son age 1 Born Attencliffe. If you would like a copy of the page please e-mail me Chris

Laura

Laura Report 1 Dec 2003 14:19

Hi Chris, Could you possibly look up Fawcett for me in Knaresborough. In particular I am interested in Ellen and Simon with children Sarah, Margaret, Laura, Richard and possibly some more. I would also be interested in any other Fawcetts in the Knaresborough area though as I think they're all related. Thanks Laura

Chris

Chris Report 1 Dec 2003 14:50

Hi Laura How you doing haven't seen you on here for a while I Found your family. Simon, Head age 5? Butcher Ellin , Wife age 43 Joseph, Son age 15, Butcher's apprentice Mary F, Dau age 11 Jane A ,Dau age 10 Sarah E, Dau age 9 Laura E , Dau age 7 Samuel, Son age 4 Margaret E,Dau age 2 Richard E, Son age 4 months. I have to go and get Joe from school now and Decorate the Tree with him when we get back.I think I have you e-mail address still somewhere I will send you a copy of the page later. Chris