Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census look ups here.. thread 8 ***NOW FULL, PLE

Page 0 + 1 of 27

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 16 Aug 2007 21:21

1841 -1901 England, Wales & Scotland

please leave me a rough age, idea of birthplace, & which years you are looking for .

PLEASE CLICK 'ADD REPLY' ABOVE - NOT MY NAME..... THANKS !!

Frances

Frances Report 16 Aug 2007 21:49

Hi Jane, I have found a David Swann getting married in Stamford, Lincs in 1886 but there is a choice of Lizzie Andrew or Mary Seaford. Please can you find them in 1891. David was born in 1865/6 in India. Many thanks, Frances

Frances

Frances Report 16 Aug 2007 23:02

Oh dear Jane - that has blown my hope that I had found him getting married but thanks for the info. I will have to do more looking. Frances

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 18 Aug 2007 06:07

Hey Jane, You found just what I wanted I would have liked to see Mary and Susan there too but hey.... my very humble apology as I grovel at your feet... didn't you do well You are the best Liz x

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 18 Aug 2007 06:16

Hi Jane Me again I have another challenge for you. Could you please see if you can find the children in any later census. I have found Robert J in the 1871 remarried but do not know what happened to the 3 children with him in the 1861 which is below for your reference Robert J Bennett 32 Bath Somerset Harriet Bennett 27 Middlesex London Elizabeth Bennett 6 Middlesex London Emma Bennett 4 Middlesex London Caroline Bennett 16 mths Bath Somerset They are in Walcot Bath, Somerset I hope you can shed some light.... Thank you for your continued assistance Liz x

Jodie

Jodie Report 18 Aug 2007 08:46

Hello Jane, I am looking for the following people. I have them in the 1871 cencus but wondered if you could find them in later ones. In the 1871 census the surname is spelt Vain but it is actually Vane. Alice Vane b.1857 George Vaneb.1859 Ellen Vane b.1860 Emily Vane b.1864 Caroline Vane b.1865 Alfred Vane b.1868 Harriet Vane b.1870/71 Thank you, Jodie

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 18 Aug 2007 21:38

Hi Jane, Re Mary & Susan Francis I was referring to them not being there in the 1851 lol Thank you for trying so hard for the Bennetts. I did see that one of Emma in the 1881 too but wasn't sure either. I appreciate your help Liz x

Jodie

Jodie Report 18 Aug 2007 22:37

Hi Jane, Thanks for the information. Not sure if Im reading it right but does it say that Alfred was a widower? Regards Jodie

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 24 Aug 2007 20:21

Hi Jane,

Could you please look up in the 1901 census

Joseph Parkin b 1871 St Columb Major Cornwall
Clara Parkin b 1868 St Columb Major Cornwall

Thank you
Liz

June

June Report 24 Aug 2007 23:36

hi is it possible for you to search my great great grand parents the parents of john ranson and sarah mudd john 1791 suffolk and sarah 1786- 1844
also my great grandmother charlotte gowing born ipswich 1823/24 her dads name was david her mum catherine ?? david and catherine 1800s suffolk
thank you david

Camille

Camille Report 25 Aug 2007 09:13

Hi Jane , I have received much appreciated help on my folks in the past but this GGgranny is still preventing further progress .

I do not need any info. on her AFTER 1869...just to save you wasting your time....but I need a Birth and/or census record for 1851/1861.

Mary Alice Sumner B.c1846...Newbury, Berks.
she had a Daughter in Rotherwick, Hants. 1866. I have the Birth cert.for Emma Jane Sumner, no Father listed.
I have a Marriage cert. for Alice Sumner (appears to have omitted Mary) in Mortimer, Berks. 1869 to a George Rampton.
I have all I need from then onwards but after much searching and help from other folks on here, I am unable to find her Birth or any sign of her prior to the birth of Emma.
Anything you can find will be much appreciated as I cannot trace further back without her Parents.Her Father at her Marriage is Charles Sumner (Ag. Lab.)

If you are one of those who have searched this one before for me , please forgive me, many thanks
Lulli x

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 25 Aug 2007 21:01

Hi Jane,

No problem finding you... I love the new look. How about you.

Sorry I didn't think he would go by his middle name ... the right couple though. Thank you so much for all those - the Joseph next door is my gg grandfather so a real bonus.

As always very much appreciated
Liz

Jane

Jane Report 26 Aug 2007 21:48

David

sorry,

think its unlikely i am going to find John & Sarah with their parents in 1841.....

when they are both in their 50's then .......

unless i have read your request wrong, lol

have looked for Charlotte too, but nothing showing up i'm afraid....

Camille

Camille Report 27 Aug 2007 08:48

Good Morning Jane and many thanks for your reply, The area is a definate connection , Father was Charles but on both certs. I have her name is definately SUMNER, do you think the spelling for the family in 1851 could be wrong?
I will hold on to this thread anyway for further reference.
Appreciate your help and time Jane

Lulli x

Jane

Jane Report 27 Aug 2007 18:39

Lulli,

sorry forgot to say, i have looked at the original, and there is a possibility of Sumner rather than Summons,

if you want to pm me your email address, i'll be able to forward the page to you, and then you can see what i mean.....

Jane

Hannah

Hannah Report 27 Aug 2007 18:56

Hello Jane,
Do you think you could help me find some info about my grandmother's family from middlewich, cheshire area?
She was Ida Bailey but married my grandfather in 1933 (at age 21) and became Ida walton.
On the marriage certificate she put father "charles bailey- deceased". A few people on here have helped me and i think i have come to the conclusion that Ida might have been illegitmate and either made up charles bailey (using her mothers surname) or put her grandfather or brothers name- to save embarrassment at the wedding.
Could you look for her mother and her family? her name would be florence bailey i think and i dont really know much about her, just that its probably middlewich, cheshire area.
Oh and Ida's mother later married a man with the surname stubbs. I know this because my grandma did talk about her step brother billy stubbs.
Maybe charles bailey would come up too if he was her grandfather?
Ida put her address as newton in middlewich on the marriage certificate.
Thanks!!!

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 27 Aug 2007 19:19

Here Goes …..

Looking for Auntie Jane……

Last seen wearing a red England Football shirt……
And previously to this I heard Auntie was about to disappearing down the Lane leading to the Cemetery…………

I know England is not playing so good of late !!
Any help tracking down this wonderful Lady would be most appreciated…………

Thanking you…..

UPDATED……

Latest sighting……. Seen today getting off “ Thomas the Tank Engine”
at Leicestershire Mini Meet Loughborough

The Fat Controller. ....

Jane

Jane Report 27 Aug 2007 19:47

ROFPMSL

MICHAEL !!!!!!

what you like????

i'm lost for words, lol

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 27 Aug 2007 20:49

So. ….. Can you help to find this Lady then ?

There is a Birthday coming up very soon
And we don’t know how many candles to put on the cake
And do we inform the local Fire Brigade so to conform to the Law ?

Oh Yes.. nearly forgot Auntie Jane has known to have befriended a One legged Donkey ….

I do hope you can help ? ….

The Fat Controller. …….

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 27 Aug 2007 21:31

Has she befriended the paint brush too...
'Thomas'