Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McClelland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna

Donna Report 15 Aug 2007 22:12

I'm trying to find McClelland family from C.Armagh, N.I. My name is Donna McClelland i'm trying to trace my family tree back to my grandad's side of the family which live in Armagh N.I. His name was Ivan McClelland was born 1916, his father was William McClelland born 1882 whom had brothers named Joseph McClelland born 1878 and Ephriam McClelland born 1880. William McClelland's wife was called Susan Nesbitt McClelland, they had children namely Norman born 1915 Irene Susan born 1918, Muriel Jean 1920, Leslie John 1922, Eric Joseph 1926, Albert Nesbitt 1929 and Annie Emily 1931 which are the brothers and sisters of my grandad. I would love to trace my family further than this and try and find out a bit of their history. Do any of these names ring a bell with anyone? I would be very grateful of any replies.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 24 Dec 2007 04:39

Hi Donna
My name is Jenny Merrell, my Gt Gt Grndfather James McClelland was born in County Armagh in 1820 he was married to a Jane Moody his son William , 1851, was also born there but came to Australia at some stage and married a Bridget Foley, My paternal grandmother Olive May McClelland was one of their many children, do you think there could be a connection?
Jenny

Geoffrey Eric

Geoffrey Eric Report 4 May 2013 02:48

HI DONNA I AM GEOFFREY ERIC MCC SON OF JOSEPH ERIC MCC IF YOUR STILL AVAIL I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUR HISTORY,I MET YOUR GRANDAD ONCE WHEN HE VISITED AUST MANY YEARS AGO THANKS GEOFF.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 May 2013 09:42

Donna didn't acknowledge the response 6 years ago, so is unlikely to see your post

Click on her name to send a message.......and hope she hasn't changed her e-mail