Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Limited Lookups Offered

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Efes123

Efes123 Report 19 Nov 2007 10:29

Hi all,

Lots of Parish Records, and Directories. I have recently set up a website which started as a place to put all my old certificates that I'd ordered in error for anyone that wanted them. It's now grown to a bit more than that, as during a bored weekend, or two, I added all the information that I'd dug up whilst researching my tree.

As I've hit a brick wall at the moment I'm happy to do lookups for people on any of the discs that I own (mainly Caernarvon, Lancashire, Ireland,Hampshire & Cambridge). You can see what info I have here (http://www.the-e-site.com/records.htm), let me know if I can help & I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. This is NOT a commercial website, I just enjoy helping people.

You can either put a question on this thread, use the website, or even the new message board on the site, if I can't help someone else might be able to.

Cheers

Phil

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 19 Nov 2007 10:55

Hi.What records from Ireland have you on disc?Regard's,Tom.

Julia

Julia Report 19 Nov 2007 11:25

Hello Phil - I have looked at your site, and note you have two catagories which may be of help to me.
1538-1837 Phillmore Parish Marriages - Cambridge'
1599-1950 Parish Register for St Andrew the Less Cambridge.
My Turner family are from Cambs. and I have been safely able to go back to 1751, and then get stuck.Within the years from now to back then I have 'lost' five siblings over three generations, and am becoming desparate as to where to turn next. Within the context of what I have said, how can you help me

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 19 Nov 2007 11:38

Thanks Phil. Have added to my favorites.

Deb:)

Nathanael

Nathanael Report 19 Nov 2007 12:29

Thanks Phil! What Parish Records for Norfolk do you have!?

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 19 Nov 2007 12:41

Hi Phil

Would love some assistance on tracing the birth and parents of Charles Tibble born 1789 Northington Hampshire, appreciate your time

Thankyou

Frances

Ann

Ann Report 19 Nov 2007 16:00

Hello Phil
I see you have London vol 1 parish records. The parish I am interested in is St Alphege Greenwich. Would this be in there? In case it is I am looking for details of marriage of Henry Shaw and Anne Hinton 1815. Have found this record on IGI but wondered if the parish record shows where Anne was from and witnesses.
Thanks for offer of lookups.
Ann

Efes123

Efes123 Report 19 Nov 2007 17:53

Hi,

Ooops, got a bit inundated, please give a bit and I'll try to get to you as soon as I can.

Thomas - I've got rather a lot on Ireland, I suggest you go the site and have a look under the Irish Data section.

Julia - There are pages and pages of Turner's in the Parish records, have you any more detail such as specific names and rough dates. I did find a Turnner variation from 1619, don't know if you've tried that spelling.

Nathaneal - I have the usual census stuff plus some selected Parish Records - Grimston (1552 - 1837), Congham (1581 - 1837), Flitcham (1755 - 1837), Hillington (1695 - 1837), Roydon (1721 - 1837), Castle Rising (1573 - 1837), North Wooton (1655 - 1837), South Wooton (1656 - 1837), and Gaywood (1653 - 1837).

Frances - Sorry I only have the Phillimore's marriage records for Hampshire. I did check the 1784 Sadler's directory, but no Tibble's listed.

Ann - Sorry this set doesn't list that church, I think there's another two volumes, that I may purchase sometime.

Others - Those who used the website contacts page, I'll be in touch shortly.

Cheers

Phil

Lynn

Lynn Report 19 Nov 2007 19:05

Hi Phil

Thanks for youroffer. Am searching for the birth and marriage of Thomas Boniface Moore in Lanacshire I think born 1895 married to mary josephine Gallagher (originally from Ireland: George Gallagher) they emigrated to Australia and that is where the search ends. Any help gratefully received.

Lynn

Lynn Report 19 Nov 2007 19:05

Hi Phil

Thanks for youroffer. Am searching for the birth and marriage of Thomas Boniface Moore in Lanacshire I think born 1895 married to mary josephine Gallagher (originally from Ireland: George Gallagher) they emigrated to Australia and that is where the search ends. Any help gratefully received.

Leslie

Leslie Report 19 Nov 2007 19:09

Hi Phil
Please could you help my partner find his fathers family all we know is that his father was born Walter William Tonks in the year 1928, at gloucester his mother was Martha Tonks nee Elms, who died c1944. Father was Walter Tonks and they worked on barges and tugs up and down the severn and canals.
He had a sister called Florence born 1925 and a brother called Harry born C1932 died within sixmonths.
Kind regards Susan and Les Tonks

Efes123

Efes123 Report 20 Nov 2007 10:07

Hi Lynn,

There's a Thomas B Moore married to a Mary J Gallagher in 1923 at Liverpool, Register Office. You can apply for the certificate from Liverpool City council (Ref:REG_LP/344/150) or use the GRO (Qrtr 4 1923 Vol 8b Page 270 district Liverpool.

His birth record can be ordered from the GRO (Ref: Qtr 4 1894 Vol. 8d Page 82 District Salford)

Cheers

Phil

Efes123

Efes123 Report 20 Nov 2007 10:18

Leslie,

That's going to be a tough one, the Severn is the longest river in Britain. They could be in Warwickshire, Gloucester, Bristol, Shrewsbury, Worcester, or even Wales.

I'll do some digging and let you know if I find anything. Is there any other info that you might have that could help?

Cheers

Phil

Germaine

Germaine Report 20 Nov 2007 11:00

Thankyou Phil have put your site in my favourites.
Germaine
x

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 20 Nov 2007 12:02

Thanks phil for your time

Efes123

Efes123 Report 20 Nov 2007 14:46

Leslie,

Quick update while I await your reply. The mother's maiden name was Helm, not Elms. As listed on the birth records for Florence M (Q3 1925 6a 536 Gloucester) & Walter W (Q4 1928 6a 463 Gloucester).

Cheers

Phil

Efes123

Efes123 Report 20 Nov 2007 17:32

Hi Lynn,

A bit more info. His parents were John Moore B. abt. 1861 Roscommon, Ireland and Mary B. abt. 1859 Belfast Ireland. He was one of 5 children, living at 30 Joyson St. Broughton, Salford, Lancashire. Oh and he was a blacksmith.

Hope this helps, if you need any more info then just shout.

Cheers

Phil

(¯`*•.¸Scousenana.•*´¯)

(¯`*•.¸Scousenana.•*´¯) Report 20 Nov 2007 17:51

Hi Phil,
Very good of you to offer help.
I have limited info, but it's worth a try.
john Gillick bc 1808 Cavan ireland married to Mary, children Thomas bc 1836, Patrick bc 1844 both Cavan, other children born in Liverpool.

Also, if not being too cheeky, Joseph Bellas Cumberland bc 1823.
Any info on the above would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Jean

ian

ian Report 20 Nov 2007 18:12

HI PHILL I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD TRACK DOWN THE PARENTS OF PAUL ANDREW CASTLE BORN IN WINDSOR I ONLY HAVE THE MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME AS WALLACE THANKS IAN

Efes123

Efes123 Report 20 Nov 2007 18:27

Jean,

What was it you were after, the Irish info, or Liverpool?

Cheers

Phil