Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TRYING TO FIND

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 25 Nov 2007 18:29

looking for Peter Whiteley we havent seen him since 1970
his date of birth is 3/12/1931 and he was born in North Yorkshire has or had two brothers Frank and Ronnie I believe they are both deceased any help please

Anne

Anne Report 23 May 2011 16:23

I am sure some-0ne knows where Peter, is I know all his family (mum dad etc ) are all gone there is one more left who I have spoken, to but not seen or heard from him for years, he now has 6 grand daughters and 3 great grand sons, and one great grand daughter, with maybe one other great grand daughter on the way in sept oct please if anyone knows anything please get in touch thank you

Flick

Flick Report 23 May 2011 16:26

Have you made any attempts at searching yourself in the past 4 years?

If so, please say where you have looked.

Flick

Flick Report 23 May 2011 16:28

The only birth close to your 'info' is not in North Yorks

Births Dec 1931 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whiteley Peter Gall Dewsbury 9b 717

There is a Frank in 1936 with same details........but no other

Flick

Flick Report 23 May 2011 16:31

Parents????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Jun 1931 (>99%)

Gall Sylvia Whiteley Dewsbury 9b 1324
Whiteley Harvey Gall Dewsbury 9b 1324

Flick

Flick Report 23 May 2011 16:33

Name: Harvey Whiteley
Birth Date: 14 Nov 1905
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1981
Age at Death: 75
Registration district: Dewsbury
Registration County: West Yorkshire
Volume: 4
Page: 1217

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 23 May 2011 16:35

Looks like Ronald was a half-brother

Births Mar 1929 (>99%)
Whiteley Ronald Crowcroft Dewsbury 9b 814

Births Dec 1931 (>99%)
Whiteley Peter Gall Dewsbury 9b 717

Births Mar 1936 (>99%)
Whiteley Frank Gall Dewsbury 9b 784

Spouse Gladys Crowcroft
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1927
Registration county (inferred): Yorkshire West Riding
Volume Number: 9b
Page Number: 1493

Spouse Sylvia Gall
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1931
Registration county (inferred): Yorkshire West Riding
Volume Number: 9b
Page Number: 1324

Might be worth putting these names into the Search trees box to see if anyone else has them in their tree.

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 23 May 2011 16:37

There is a tree on Ancestry with this family, is it yours?
Jan

Flick

Flick Report 23 May 2011 16:37

Good spot, Jan............

Name: Ronald Whiteley
Birth Date: 28 Jan 1929
Date of Registration: May 2005
Age at Death: 76
Registration district: Poole
Registration County: Dorset
Register number: D23E
District and Subdistrict: 431/1D
Entry number: 64

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 23 May 2011 16:42

Cheers Flick!

There is a member called Simon with a Harvey born 1905 Dewsbury in his tree, also Ronald and Frank.

jan

Anne

Anne Report 25 Jun 2012 17:05

thank u all for yr replies, to be honest Ive not been looking any more, as got no response, yes Simon (deepdale duck ,Preston Mascot ) helped me a lot in finding family members he was great and as Peter changed his surname it seems he cannot be found now, and he will be 80 now so may not be around any more, he has missed out on a lot with his sons and grand children and now 5 great grand children 4 boys 1 girl but I do wish if hes still around he would get in touch with his sons

Anne

Anne Report 3 Jun 2013 10:34

Im afraid Im not very good at things like this.......... I have researched as best I can, I put Peter on lost touch way back on the TV, and got a lot of answers, but none was Peter, even got ladies asking me how I knew their husbands hahaha didnt know there was so many Peter Whiteleys in the world, but as stated with him changing his surname... he told me it was so he didnt have to pay for his sons, I didnt want his money I wanted him to be with his sons who really wanted their dad in their lives, but it wasnt to be so I guess the best is just to let it lay....
I even got in touch with a lady in Ireland who looked to see if she could trace him as his passport was from there... I thought when you died your birth name on birth certificate had to be the one but now Im just lost, I do know we are or was still married, so any other marriage isnt valid I cant say anymore. I thank every one trying to help my family tree as far as I know tells all... marriages and deaths, I would still be very greatful for any information that could help our sons find him

Anne

Anne Report 3 Jun 2013 10:43

I would like to add, Frank died here in Blackpool Peters brother, Ronnie was Peters half brother, his mum died in childbirth, Harvey his dad married Sylvia 2 years later she died 2 years after her son Frank, apart from Ronnie all in Dewsbury as for Peter dont know if hes deceased

Anne

Anne Report 6 Jul 2013 08:16

I do wish I could get the hang of this searching ,dont get anywhere with it, tried finding myself hehehe it seems I dont exist oh well, as far as I can see all Peter Whiteley's family are departed apart from one who I think is still here a 2nd cousin I believe
Is there anyone in Dewsbury West Yorkshire who knew the Whiteley families this family lived back Whitley St in the 60s, Ronnie went to Bornmouth, but died in Dorset,Peter was in Army and R.A.F, Frank was also in the R.A.F. I do know Peter was born in Dewsbury, as his mum pointed out where he was born again years ago,it seems if you dont want to be found you wont, the Salvation Army said they looked for him ( on request of his younger son Mark ) but said they couldnt find him, I have since been told if they find who you are looking for and dont want you to know where they are then they dont tell you still have their letter short and sweet

Anne

Anne Report 16 Aug 2013 21:25

ok this is a chance maybe, Ronnie had a wife Beryl also in Pool Dorset, does anyone know if she is still alive ,I believe when they first left Dewsbury they went to Bornemouth, and someone said yrs ago they ran a Public House there ?
dont know if they ever seperated or what, or even divorced or was still together when Ronnie died around 2005 just grasping at straws really but its worth a try I will check tomorrow onwards for any replys thank you

Pam

Pam Report 16 Aug 2013 22:59

Possible death for Ronald's wife.

Name:
Joan Beryl Whiteley

Birth Date:
5 Sep 1930

Date of Registration:
May 1998

Age at Death:

Registration District:
Poole

Inferred County:
Dorset

Register Number:
A24E

District and Subdistrict:
4311A

Entry number:

He married Beryl J Randall and this registration is for Joan Beryl.

Anne

Anne Report 17 Aug 2013 07:28

oops sorry read it all wrong, so Beryl could still be alive ? Never knew her other name only as Beryl , so I guess I can still keep trying sorry over being too keen and not reading it through properly Anne :-D

Pam

Pam Report 17 Aug 2013 09:15

PM received:

thank you very much for rapid response, I just thought her being alive might have helped, but you have saved me time looking for her
thank you again. Anne

Pam

Pam Report 17 Aug 2013 09:16

No I don't think Beryl is still alive. I think she preferred to be known by her second name.

Anne

Anne Report 17 Aug 2013 09:51

Hi, so your saying Beryl J Randall, and Joan Beryl are one and the same person ?, another question I would like to ask you would it be alright to put a picture of Beryl on here as there is no-one left to ask and I know they never had any children unless they adopted later ?? thank you for reply again