Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Donna Bailey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna

Donna Report 27 Apr 2007 12:56

I'm looking for any relatives that relate to my late granmother Winifred Tucker DOB 12 dec 1919 born in Nottingham? she then married my granfather George White DOB 1913, either in 1937 Bournemouth or 1944 Yeovil these are the dates i've got off ancestry and their was only 2 entries for a Tucker / White marriage. My granmother died jan/feb 1992, her death was registered at Nottingham. She had 4 children at quite a late age, my dad was born 1960 Gordon A White, he had a younger sister called Velita O White...she married a P E Hawkins in 1994, my dad also had 2 older brothers called Gary and Geof or Geoffrey. This is the only information i've managed to get hold off, due to my dad being absent from my life and more interested in his current life. If anyone as got any information I'd really appreciate it, i've managed to find a Velita on ere with my matching info, but sent her several msg and still not answer. so again any info would be really appreciated, it seems that this searching is taking over my bloody life at the mo, I just need to find out what part of eastern europe my dads dad's family came from...surely it's not this hard! Thanks Donna White

Flinders

Flinders Report 13 Dec 2016 15:02

I wouldn't bother, I've only ever seen them at funerals, I have no idea what I ever did wrong but I still don't know any of them, I probably walk past them in the street every week/month and have no idea, disgusting, plus they're more than quick enough to befriend people I've had trouble with, says it all really about family don't it?

patchem

patchem Report 13 Dec 2016 23:54

Welcome to genesreunited, Flinders.

Donna only ever posted once, about 9 years ago, so it is unlikely that she will still be reading the posts on here.

You could click on her name and try to send her a message. If she still has the same email address she will be notified by genes of your message.

Donna could be interested in any good information that you may have about mutual ancestors?

Kim

Kim Report 14 Dec 2016 15:53

Hi Donna, have found some info for you!

Winifred Tucker b 1919 Nottingham married (1) Thomas E Allitt in 1941 Nottingham.
her marriage to (2) George White was in 1972 Nottingham.

I have found children born in Nottingham for White- mothers maiden name Tucker
John 1946,George 1947,William 1947, Geoffrey 1951, Gary 1953, Alita 1956, and Gordon 1960.

The marriage in 1937 Bournemouth were to Denis White and Yeovil 1944 to Anthony White so these are not relevant.

patchem

patchem Report 14 Dec 2016 19:22

Kim,

As I told Flinders, Donna posted 9 years ago and so it is unlikely that she is actively monitoring the boards - particularly as she only has one post to her name.

If you want to contact her, please click on her name to send her an email.

PS - It is unlikely that these were both born to the same couple, so some of the other births you have stated are suspect, and Donna did believe there were only 4 siblings:

Births Mar 1947
White William B Tucker Nottingham 3c 431
Births Jun 1947
White George T Tucker Nottingham 3c 788