Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Wright

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 29 Aug 2005 08:05

Trying to find out about my great grandma,Harriet Lyon,maiden name Wright,born in Oldham,Lancashire.Her husband's name was Robert Thomas Lyon,originally from Hull, Yorkshire.I know she had a brother named Alfie,who came back from WW1,shell shocked,who had a son named Alfie,she helped raise, his mother died young.My great grandma's mother was married twice,her second husband's name was Carter,there was a relative she used to write to who lived in the U.S.A.My grandma,Gertrude Lyon was born in Oldham in 1895,she had a younger sister Sarah.They lived a good part of their lives in Manchester,St Vincent Street, Ancoats,my great grandma died in 1945.I'm sure she was part of a bigger family,any info at all would be appreciated.Thanks Pauline.