Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish connection ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 1 Oct 2008 16:01

I wonder if anyone can help. I am trying to find my fathers Mother or her parents. His mothers name was Olive May White she gave birth to him in 1912 in Tranmere Birkenhead. On my dads birth certificate it shows his mother but no father. The story goes that she came over to the UK from Canada to give birth to my dad,then went back to Canada.We have letters from her and her mother in Vancouver sent in 1913. Her mother used the name ( or initials) of N.H. White the N standing for Norman There was no address on the letters from Canada, just a general delivery address..
I have trawled records in Canada with no luck.But I think she originated over here and emigrated just after my father was born,
leaving him with a family in Tranmere. I have just had an e-mail from the GRO saying they have no record of Olives birth date from 1892- to1897. So I think she may well have been Irish
Could anyone please help me and look for her or her dad (Norman ) in the Irish records? I would really appreciate any help at all.
Regards Paul White