Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Army families - Arthur Ernest Kirby

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 5 Feb 2009 09:46

Arthur Ernest Kirby, Dragoon Guards. I have copy of 1stWW medal certificate but am trying to establish birthplace. 1901 census shows India but I cannot find anything to confirm or say where in India (it isn't on marriage or death certs). How can i find enlisting records? birth is not recorded on military births on Find My Past
Regimental no D/1259,389428.
Born c 1890, m 1919 Portsmouth to Gladys Searle
His father michael kirby was also Army - born Waterford, Ireland (1847) & mother Susannah born in Co down (1857). they had 6 children - Margaret, Catherine,William, Alfred, Walter & Arthur born in Gloucester or India. Because army families moved around I am having trouble getting confirmation info on Arthur or his parents. any help/ suggestions please.