Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

AGE DIFF

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jim

jim Report 19 Feb 2009 17:43

Hi everyone can i ask do u think its poss for a man aged 70 to gat together with a woman aged 34 and become her partner
in 1955
jim

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 19 Feb 2009 17:50

Anything's possible! There are relationship's of the same age difference today as was before 1955.Cass

PME

PME Report 19 Feb 2009 17:51

Anythings possiable, have you found a marriage or death (for the man) so you can order the certificates as they may give you some answers.

Death certificates tell you who reportered the death and their relation to the deceased, although I have a 'widow' reporting her husbands death even though they were never married, this is clarified on her death certificate.

The wedding certificate will give you their age at marriage.

jim

jim Report 19 Feb 2009 17:56

i have the mans death cert and the lady was present and living at the address but can,t find m or birth for them to each orther?

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 19 Feb 2009 18:07

It might be worth you supplying the name's as there's plenty of help on this site to find them.Cass

jim

jim Report 19 Feb 2009 18:09

hi cass
people have looked for me before and i don,t want to waste anymore of thier time. but it is a brick wall for
jim

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 19 Feb 2009 18:12

Let's try again,Jim.Cass

jim

jim Report 19 Feb 2009 18:16

the mans name is james peter nicholson he died oct 1960 aged 64
i have found 2 james peter nicholson,s one in west derby and one in liverpool both of these are born in 1890/1 these don,t fit the age given on the deaht cert
jim

Huia

Huia Report 19 Feb 2009 18:24

I know somebody m to a man 25 yrs her senior, not as great a gap as you mention, but still a big enough gap since he is old enough to be her father. Though having said that, her father was about 20 yrs older than her husband.
Huia.

jim

jim Report 19 Feb 2009 18:36

yes i,ve got that 1 jonesey
this has been a battle all the way i have them living together 1950/1/2/3
on the elc roll reg this is how i found out he was my dad i know nothing else about him
jim

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 19 Feb 2009 18:38

Hi Jim,It may sound a daft question,but,what relationship are you to James P Nicholson ?.Cass

jim

jim Report 19 Feb 2009 18:42

hi cass
i,m his son
jim

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Feb 2009 18:45

Is it possible that the woman was his daughter?

Kath. x

jim

jim Report 19 Feb 2009 18:47

hi kath
no the lady was my mom
jim

PME

PME Report 19 Feb 2009 18:53

Have you found her death or remarriage?

I was also going to say they might have shaved a few years off to make the age gap a little less.

Theres a marriage in Jun 1915 for a James P in West Derby, if he was married before they may never have remarried but lived together as man and wife so everyone assumed they were married (this is what my great grandparents did, they both were married before).

jim

jim Report 19 Feb 2009 18:54

at the time of death she was known as iris nicholson maiden name lister born in 1916 in sunderland although she was know as ( mrs nicholson) i can,t find a mariage any where
jim

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Feb 2009 18:58

Have you considered that they may not have married? My husband's parents lived as man and wife and it wasn't until after they had both died and I started to do our family history that I found that they had never actually married because he had been married in the 1920's and the marriage broke up but they couldn't afford to get divorced and it was too difficult to obtain anyway. This was confirmed last year by an elderly relative.

Kath. x

jim

jim Report 19 Feb 2009 18:59

i was present at her death in 1972 she was married in 1942 i have that cert but its james p nicholson i want to find
jim

jim

jim Report 19 Feb 2009 19:01

i don,t think they married and thats what is making it so dif
everyway i go i hit that brick wall
jim

jim

jim Report 19 Feb 2009 19:24

hi cass & everyone esle
i did tell you it was a brick wall THANK YOU all once again
i will stay with it but please tell me what you think is it
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE