Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Changes in Birth Register

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Mar 2009 08:28

I have just started to try to find out something about my mothers family. My mother was born in 1926, but the entry in the birth register was altered in 1936 (in fact her birth certificate, of which I have obtained a copy seems to confirm that it was altered in that year). I know nothing at all about my mothers family, other than the fact that her own mother possibly died when she was nine years old. I can speculate as to why this may have happened, but wondered if any seasoned geneologists may be able to point me in the right direction.

many thanks - Maggie