Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

certificate website

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jenny

Jenny Report 21 Jan 2011 19:46

hi everyone, happy new year to all
please i need help.. does anyone know the website where you can post all your unwanted certificates, and search for certificates that other people post, it is a really great site, i lost the site when my old computer gave out and would love to get it back
many thanks jenny

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 21 Jan 2011 19:51

Is this the one you mean?

http://www.bmdshare.com/

Christine

CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom Report 21 Jan 2011 19:51

http://bmdshare.com/

Hope this helps.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Jan 2011 19:52

Hi
its www.bmdshare.com.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Jan 2011 19:53

triple snap .lol

Jenny

Jenny Report 21 Jan 2011 20:04

hi all

yes it is the right one, a VERY big thank you to you all
regards
jenny

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 22 Jan 2011 13:45

Just out of interest. Has any one had any success finding something on sites like this?

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 22 Jan 2011 14:33

I'm a member of the Guild of One Name Studies where they carry out what they call "marriage challenges" and as a result post some marriage cert details on the GOONS site. I found one on there that I was interested in - quite by chance mind!

Not checked out BMDshare site recently but went through a period of posting all my cert details on it. We all need to use it more!!

Jill

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 22 Jan 2011 14:45

Just been back to look at BMDshare and I think the reason I don't check there regularly is that I have problems logging in as I never seem to have the right password and then find searching to be quite slow as you can't do a "blanket" search of BMD for the surname you want - you have to search them separately ...

Jill

Keziah

Keziah Report 23 Jan 2011 22:26

I found a certificate for a sister of my g g grandmother which had been purchased in error. It was sent onto me straight away. I was really excited & very grateful. (Easily pleased!) Kez

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Jan 2011 11:44

nudge up

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 24 Jan 2011 13:24

if you found the reg index no on freebmd, why not put a postem against that ref. More people may see it (not that anyone has ever asked for one I have put up, but maybe a Jones researcher will want one someday!)